Page 589 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 89489539579585586587588589590591592593599639689 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 10402

Faie & Allie

Thanks guys!
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

La Brea Target had some DCUC wave 4 today. I bought the Captain Atom Kingdom Come variant and stashed a Wonder Woman. As usual, PM me if you want it.

Also saw Ripper and Blue Firefly there which means I missed out on Blowtorch and the Resolute figures.

Burbank Target - yesterday, there wasn't much new besides the Resolute wave of Joes. I limited myself to just one Joe cuz I hate the price... the Resolute Cobra Trooper. This morning they had some more of that wave, but not MUCH more. Not sure if the whole wave sold yesterday, but there was Blowtorch, Torch, yesterday's CC, and another CC and Cobra Trooper. No Duke, no blue Firefly.

DCUC Wave 4 also hit, partially. I picked up WW and Ares, and stashed Artemis, KC Atom, and the Resolute Cobra Trooper. PM if interested. No regular Atom, no BB.

Plenty of space on SW pegs, and as of yesterday when I scanned a couple figures they DID still have some in the back. No clue why they haven't stocked in days... same w/ Comic Packs.

EDIT: Artemis claimed (and hopefully is still there to be claimed!)

Burbank TRU had the new Legends wave out- lots of familiar clones, red battle droids, Mauls and Destroyer Droids.Yawn !!

Ordered a Kotobukiya R2/3PO for $49.99 at redfordfilms.com- nice deal- I added a $3.99 Official Pix and got free shipping on the whole order.

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post

EDIT: Artemis claimed (and hopefully is still there to be claimed!)
    Just got back from Burbank Target and, sadly, the stash is gone. Thank you anyway.

I ran into Chubby13 this morning on my way to work at NoHo Target. As I rounded the action figure isle, I saw him rifling through the SW figs, yet holding onto a leaning tower of GI Joes. I made a little joke about being one step too late, but then he did something that totally surprised me...he asked me what I was looking for. I mentioned a few army builders and then he offered me an Eel. It turns out that he DOES have a soul. He was actually complaining about Hasbro not shipping his stuff in a timely manner and that he had to resort to raiding the shelves at retail.

It looked like there were a few cases of SW w4 and one case of Joes w11. There was also an Endor BP that had the Scout and Officer swapped out by a low-life "returner". I brought it up to customer service and pointed it out to them. It will probably be back on the shelf at lunch time.

What's on my racks?

I can answer for Target anyway.

Galactic Heroes - got the new wave in today with Ahsoka and Ki-Adi Mundi and Bacara, amongst others. The Dagobah X-wing was there, Vader TIE, and the GH Arena Battle Pack.

SW Transformers - had Palpatine's shuttle, the AT-AT with a new Imp Trooper head instead of the AT-AT Driver I thought it originally came out with (I don't buy those).

SW miniatures had a few new Clone Wars sets.

THE FIGURES:

Remnants of Legacy Wave 1 (Yarna, Jabba Band Member)
    Legends Wave 1 - (Anakin, C-3PO Diety, Obi-Wan, Grievous)
    Legends Wave 2 - (Darth Maul's from this I think)
    CW Wave 1 - (Anakin, Clone, Grievous)
    CW Wave 3 (?) IG-86, Destroyer Droid, C-3PO, Dooku, Ventress, etc.

What they did NOT have were

Legacy Wave 2 (CW realisitc - SCUBA Trooper, Obi-Wan Clone Armor, etc)
    Legacy Wave 3 (Bail Organa, Breah Organa, FX-6)
    CW Wave 2 (Ahsoka, Super Battle Droid, OddBall etc.)

It seems to me that if you are more inclined to like the ORIGINAL TRILOGY and are sick of the Clone Wars already, there's a lot less for Star Wars to hold your interest with at present. 2009 with its greater focus on unmade figures from the classic OT will be a better year for many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    I ran into Chubby13 this morning on my way to work at NoHo Target. As I rounded the action figure isle, I saw him rifling through the SW figs, yet holding onto a leaning tower of GI Joes. I made a little joke about being one step too late, but then he did something that totally surprised me...he asked me what I was looking for. I mentioned a few army builders and then he offered me an Eel. It turns out that he DOES have a soul. He was actually complaining about Hasbro not shipping his stuff in a timely manner and that he had to resort to raiding the shelves at retail.
    Raiding retail to fill your overpriced business pegs still sucks IMO.

Guess who works at Burbank Home Depot? Hootie himself.

I don't visit retail much anymore, but I can't remember the last time I saw Plumber Bob and the gang.

I have a ROTS-era Blue/Grey large wing Tie Fighter. It's un-opened. Anyone want to trade for the newer white/grey version?

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    I don't visit retail much anymore, but I can't remember the last time I saw Plumber Bob and the gang.
    Plumber Bob & Beautiful Bobby are still at Target most mornings I've been (which hasn't been often). Bobby got the blue Firefly the other day when I picked up my Resolute Cobra... they keep checking their Hot Wheels aisle, and it's as disappointing to them as the action figure aisle's been to me for the last few months. Jackie Chan was there on Saturday, I think, and some guy that seemed to know them all yet RAN to the car aisle. Chan zipped in right behind him, then ran around to the action figures in a heartbeat. Ugh. Don't miss that.

Sorry the DCUC stash was gone; busy as that area was, I didn't have time to find a great spot. Too many redshirts around. I opened Ares today, kinda disappointed; if the cloak had been removable rather than attached at the front with a big garish block through the chest, and the skirt flexible, he'd be 10x cooler.