Page 694 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 194594644684690691692693694695696697698704744794 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,940 of 10286
    My head is still spinning from the fact that you felt like T4 didn't at least fit in the incredibly broad range of quality described in your grouping of Star Trek, Wolverine, and TF2.

It's like saying, "I'm not sure how I feel about pie. I like cake, cookies, and getting punched in the face, but pie? I dunno..."
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

LOL Chaddymac.

There were 5 major sci-fi style summer movies that I'd looked forward to.

I'd rank them as such:

1) Star Trek
    2) Wolverine
    3) Transformers: ROTF
    4) GI Joe (though it was very close to TF for a good story w. Duke / Baroness)
    5) Terminator Salvation

I wanted the movie to be more about John Conner and introspective of his role in the war.

Terrminator 1 was about Sarah and Kyle
    Terminator 2 was about John and Uncle Bob, somewhat about Sarah
    Terminator 3 was about Kate and the T-800, somewhat about John
    Terminator 4 was about Marcus and Blair? It only focused somewhat on John, somewhat on Kyle

The story should have stayed around the franchise's main characters and focused on John and Kyle. A character like Marcus could have been in there as a McGuffin or whatever you call a plot device, but he became the main star and he had nothing to do with the passion invested in characters with prior history with the franchise.

In retrospect, I like Terminator Salvation for what it is, but it is NOT what I wanted.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

That was a good one Chaddy, made me laugh at 4 in the AM, which probably miffed my neighbors. But nuts to them, so says my death metal screaming out of my PC, in slightly saltier language perhaps.

Crumb Bomber at $50 is tempting me, I know I shouldn't, but I like the redesign. Anyone have one to claim it's good or bad yet?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Don't have that bomber, but have 3 other gunships. No space & the price point keep me away. It's received many positive reviews, esp. on scum. And people have found a way to close the doors all the way with the turret pods sticking out - made a slit in the doors or somethin like that. If you're gonna get it, do it before the 14th!

what TLC waves beyond ROTJ are people finding? and where? wally? There's a few guys i want i think

Lol, JT.

BikerScout - what's special about the 14th?
    Last edited by Chaddymac; 11-12-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: I said the 24th and meant the 14th
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

sale will be over --tag said through 11/14

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Crumb Bomber at $50 is tempting me, I know I shouldn't, but I like the redesign. Anyone have one to claim it's good or bad yet?
    [FONT=Courier New]JT, I got one at the original price and like it, but I am pretty biased in favor of the gunships anyways.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The new forward hold doors are pretty neat. They added a new piece to that area for the door pegs to plug into instead of having to retool the whole body. The troop bay doors might look big, but with the way they swing out, it's not as noticeable as it is in photos around the web. The slots on the doors are also "closed" with paint accents/trim to highlight them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The paint job over all is very crisp and clean and very different from the original release. They stayed in the lines. There is not weathering to speak of, but unlike the V-19, it's actually a good look. (IMO)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The neatest thing (besides what I think is REALLY good paint on the nose art -- very detailed) is the retooled missile pods. The back section swings/pivots out to reveal a rotating missile launcher that holds 4 missiles each (your just turn the back end like a knob) and each wing holds 4 extra missiles for those launchers instead of those decorative static missiles. And the long missiles still fire as well.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]If you bought and liked the WM Exclusive Lucky Lekku version, then you'll like this version. And for a couple more days, it's the same price but a different (better) version.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]But like I said, I am pretty skewed in favor of gunships. If you're not a fan of the gunships, then you could probably live the rest of your life without feeling like you're missing out. But fortunately it's a TRU exclusive and you have like what 9-12 months to decide? [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]BTW: I don't live in LA (or southern CA), but I subscribe to this thread to get an indicator of what the West Coast collectors are finding. I hope that doesn't bother anybody too much.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

absolutely no spying allowed Ando. Why? B/c u don't have to fork out the near 10% tax on everything you buy where u live!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    absolutely no spying allowed Ando. Why? B/c u don't have to fork out the near 10% tax on everything you buy where u live!!!!
    [FONT=Courier New]OUCH! 10%?!? That sucks and I do feel for you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

it's 9.75%. (for LA, not all of CA). max for CA is 10.25% according to wikip. We're only beaten by Illinois (11.5) and Arizona (10.6).