Page 781 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 281681731771777778779780781782783784785791831881 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,810 of 10424
    dunno if I'll be able to make it Thurs. That's a pretty full day. I'll contact u if i can JT

[QUOTE=JediTricks;731309]

RE: Leader Class Blackout / Grindor:

No, they're not doing this, they've given a lot of good reasons why it wouldn't work at market unfortunately.
    Well don't worry guys. Comic Con will provide me with my big chance to smack them upside the head with my Leader Class Starscream!

We'll see about a Leader Class Blackout. They will have to tell me "insert the wrong answer here" for 4 days in a row. I WILL NOT shut-up about this.

A large helicopter Transformer toy when every other Transformer turns into a car or plane (with the exception to Brawl's LC tank which sold-through I'd point out)? Uh -what sales are not to be realized with this???

Helicopters are cool.

NOTE TO COMPLETE FOOLS ONLY: Helcopters are different from cars or airplanes. Gee whiz? Really?

Yeah. Really.

Pretty much that's it, Bran doesn't have a CELLPHONE, if you can believe it! Los Angelino without a cellphone may as well be a Martian. He'll be at the Transformers panel probably though, and is doing our 5:30 get together.
    While I will do my best (and have already done so at previous cons) to meet up with Brandon - who I like to see - it's always stressful because if either he or myself are late to a meeting point (like my general post that I'll be at Hasbro Star Wars at 5pm on Thursday) - I worry that we'll miss each other.

NOTE ABOUT THURSDAY (especially to Brandon) - I will be heading to Hasbro for my first visit, trying to get there by 5pm. I have a panel before that and crowds might be thick. Once I get to Hasbro, I look around the SW Pavillion as it is - and Transformers are in there, too. I am not going to just stand still by the new SW figure case - but I will return there every 15 minutes or so. Yet I won't be far away as I'll be in Hasbro's display area (maybe on the Transformers side begging for Leader Class Blackout - please add your support!)

So I'm sure when we finally get food it will be closer to 6pm, but you get the idea. Now get a cell phone Brandon!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Was at Disneyland yesterday and noticed that they have the Yoda and Chewbacca Potato-Heads. Never saw these at retail, but the park has them, along with a whole slew of newer Disney/SW figures.

wow. I was expecting 2 new pages of posts - "I found x" "at target they had," Guess everyone's busy & or wiped out from Comic con.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Was at Disneyland yesterday and noticed that they have the Yoda and Chewbacca Potato-Heads. Never saw these at retail, but the park has them, along with a whole slew of newer Disney/SW figures.
    Disneyland has 8 exclusive SW Potato-heads that never went to retail, they are exclusive to Disney parks. Besides the 2 you saw, there's 3PO to make up wave 2. Wave 1 was 5 of them: Boba Fett, ANH Leia, ANH Luke, ANH Han, and Maul. Last month when I was there, they had most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    wow. I was expecting 2 new pages of posts - "I found x" "at target they had," Guess everyone's busy & or wiped out from Comic con.
    NO KIDDING! I actually felt MORE beat yesterday when I had some family errands to run out of the house than I did after the 3 hour mobile traffic jam driving back with 20,000 of my closest SDCC buddies on the 5 fwy on Sunday. Shopping for figures? To hell with that! I could barely make it to the bank, lunch, and my grandmother's condo in Culver City without feeling like I was put through the wringer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey guys... I missed the HW ecto-1 and Plastic Man from Mattel at SDCC. If anyone's got extras and can hook me up, that would be awesome. LMK. Thanks!

The Ecto sold out mighty fast. I couldn't believe that many people would shell out $20 for a $1 vehicle with extra deco. I didn't even try the Matty booth until Sunday after seeing the mania, and then I passed on Mo-Lar after all that, $40 wasn't bad for the 2 figs but I just don't have enough wuv for the MOTU Classics pricepoints.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

that accident on the 5N Sunday evening REALLY sucked. It was sluggish all the way to the OC line. More badness on the LA part of the 5, so sick of it, i got off on the 605 & took the 10. Then there was a stalled car on the 101N. ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! Took me almost 4 hrs. to get back.
    I'm never takin the 5 down there again. Only reason i took it (& not the 15) was b/c I visited a friend at his restaurant in Old Town and was too far from 15 at that point. I need a GPS!!! seriously.

Overall about the con, preview night wasn't as bad as 08' or 09' but was still crowded. The lines for Hall H were insane for the big panels (Tron, Green lantern, Capt. Am, Thor) Waited 3.5 hrs and still didnt get into Capt. Am/Thor to give u an idea. Bummer, but i knew i was gambling. Speaking of Paramount, I'm really disappointed there wasn't a booth/more promo stuff for those movies nor TF3. Nothing for TF3? Come on. Ridiculous. I guess they're goin cheap after making $900 mill + last year. Wth?? Sunday was the busiest I've ever seen it in the last 5 yrs., but I still got some cool stuff I didn't get any other days. One video game area was giving out T-shirts & there was no line, so when they finally gave them out (after we waited patiently for 10-15 min) there was a surge & everyone got pushed. Gotta have a line next time guys. Lol.

I left the SDCC at 1:30 and got to Ventura county at 4:00. Not too bad for traveling 160 miles after the biggest show on the west coast. Had a great time. Didn't make any panels monitory for myself so it was pretty relaxing. I really like going by myself. No one to worry about and do what the hell I want. Saw a few of you there. Went to SSF party and got wasted! The Family Guy panel was great. The Jedi Spoof looks fantastic. They showed the first 9 minutes of it. SSC is really stepping it up. 1/6 scale Dewback baby! GG might be taking some baby steps to bailing themselves out of their slump. Hasbro's Vintage looks great and look forward to getting a few select figures. Picked up Grimlock at the Con, what a great toy! The art section was fun, Picked up a few prints from Matt Bush and some Hoth battle print for a dude I can't remember.

All in all it was a good time.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    that accident on the 5N Sunday evening REALLY sucked. It was sluggish all the way to the OC line. More badness on the LA part of the 5, so sick of it, i got off on the 605 & took the 10. Then there was a stalled car on the 101N. ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! Took me almost 4 hrs. to get back.
    I'm never takin the 5 down there again. Only reason i took it (& not the 15) was b/c I visited a friend at his restaurant in Old Town and was too far from 15 at that point. I need a GPS!!! seriously.
    4 hours? It only took me 3, and for a while my speedometer didn't cross 35. I hit the 5 north from First street SD at 5:30, my traffic was heavy well past the OC line until the 5 offramp to the 1 in Capistrano, I was going to pull off and hit Carrows or something right off the freeway, but the GPS showed that the traffic jam was building to an unending line behind me which meant hours of problems that stopping wouldn't help.

As for GPS, it was useless. In SD, it was super confused by the clouds on Wednesday and Thursday, and when I ran into traffic near Del Mar heading towards SD (they had a festival there and the longest line of cars I've ever seen on a single-lane freeway offramp), the GPS couldn't find a faster route because there wasn't jack squat out there to bypass to.

My friend took the 15 home to Pasadena and was home in 2 hours, despite putting 40 more miles under the wheels than the 3 hours I spent rolling.

The 5 is the way to go from Hollywood usually though, forward and back I usually hit around 90mph and can't find another car to worry about, but next time I'm definitely waiting until the evening to head back to LA. I was actually planning to do that this time, but Steve and Tycho decided to change their plans from dinner to lunch about 30 seconds after I had paid for my lunch, so they did their thing before I even finished my last panel.

Overall about the con, preview night wasn't as bad as 08' or 09' but was still crowded. The lines for Hall H were insane for the big panels (Tron, Green lantern, Capt. Am, Thor) Waited 3.5 hrs and still didnt get into Capt. Am/Thor to give u an idea. Bummer, but i knew i was gambling. Speaking of Paramount, I'm really disappointed there wasn't a booth/more promo stuff for those movies nor TF3. Nothing for TF3? Come on. Ridiculous. I guess they're goin cheap after making $900 mill + last year. Wth?? Sunday was the busiest I've ever seen it in the last 5 yrs., but I still got some cool stuff I didn't get any other days. One video game area was giving out T-shirts & there was no line, so when they finally gave them out (after we waited patiently for 10-15 min) there was a surge & everyone got pushed. Gotta have a line next time guys. Lol.
    Hall H needs replays on Sunday for the best stuff. Transformers and TF2 didn't have panels either, did they? I don't remember, I surely didn't go to them. Sorry to hear you waited that long and didn't get into those, I hope you made the Thursday Hall H stuff at least.

I was walking by a booth that had a line for free t-shirts, and all of a sudden the booth guy behind the ropes says he wants to toss them into non-line people first, so I got a free t-shirt and groped by 60 of my closest acquaintances at the same time as everybody mobbed for free... something (the people in the back didn't even know what they were raising their hands for!). Naturally that was Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    I left the SDCC at 1:30 and got to Ventura county at 4:00. Not too bad for traveling 160 miles after the biggest show on the west coast. Had a great time. Didn't make any panels monitory for myself so it was pretty relaxing. I really like going by myself. No one to worry about and do what the hell I want. Saw a few of you there. Went to SSF party and got wasted! The Family Guy panel was great. The Jedi Spoof looks fantastic. They showed the first 9 minutes of it. SSC is really stepping it up. 1/6 scale Dewback baby! GG might be taking some baby steps to bailing themselves out of their slump. Hasbro's Vintage looks great and look forward to getting a few select figures. Picked up Grimlock at the Con, what a great toy! The art section was fun, Picked up a few prints from Matt Bush and some Hoth battle print for a dude I can't remember.

All in all it was a good time.
    Sounds like you made good time, 2.5 hrs to get to county line is quite impressive!

SSF party?

You were at the Family Guy panel? Damn, I should have hung out with you, I was there for it but just wanted to sit down after my line for it got abandoned in the parking lot earlier and we had to race as a line up the stairs in the back of the convention center, so I plopped in the first seat I could find.

Glad you had a good time doing the con by yourself! Me too, actually.

I think GG has some good ideas, but their price on the upsized vintage Kenner figures, and the rather uninspired con-exclusive Vader concept don't instill confidence in me just yet towards their brand.

I didn't even know about/notice the 1:6 Dewback, their website putting up "a month of comic-con" took the wind out of my sails on their brand so they stayed off my radar this year, I didn't even enter their booth until Sunday (I got a $20 card). Their Leia choking Jabba diorama was pretty cool though, just need to adjust Leia's eyeline.

Grimlock really is good, huh? You and Bikerscout both got him and I congratulate you both. I ended up checking Saturday for him but he was already sold out as Bikerscout warned me he would be, but I didn't sweat it since he'll be in stores soon.