Page 827 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 327727777817823824825826827828829830831837877927 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,270 of 10359
    Sean the Hutt
    nothing new out there...but I was thinking about the nicknames....I can only imagine what people think of others in the store at ant given time. I am sure that over the years of star wars collecting, a lot of people i am sure have looked at me strange or have thought who knows about me. I can live with it.
    Like I said, I am curious as to who can actually make money reselling toys in todays economy. I don't think it is just a case of buying and re-selling toys for a few bucks. I mean it has to have some tight margins. SO, is it more like an addiction? In which case, then i can at least relate to one of these dudes. He just likes buying toys, but can't really afford to.
    I could care less about insulting anyone...too badly, anyway. I am curious as to the psychology of it all.
    I have what I am looking to collect, so I am bored, waiting for a Jabba's sail barge or something cool to come out.
    Shoot give me a sail barge, a death star, and a jabba's palace, and I would probably be done collecting!
    Happy collecting

This is ridiculous that I have to post about this - and publically - however:

bkusna is perhaps a new member. But my interactions with him have been great. I don't want to see him in trouble, nor offending other people here who have been on these boards for a long time.

SLICKER, El Chuxter, JediTricks and plenty of others here on these boards are personal friends of mine - who I know in real life, off these boards - though this site has been so great to all of us for so many years, we all count it as the origination of our friendships (we met here, first - then at conventions or during vacations, visits, etc).

Please don't delete this post. Just everyone - especially with whatever's going on between Slicker and bkusna - knock it off.

Like I said, I haven't met bkusna personally, but in my interactions with him, he seems cool.

I don't get into all of the other threads where stuff has been going on, so maybe I don't know the extent of it.

But bkusna - this site is very friendly to new members and I hope you will feel welcome here.

Slicker - you can phone me about whatevers going on, but isn't it just easier to either ignore someone or make friends with them? Let the site grow and bring in new members. Us old guys sometimes need a reminder of the enthusiasm newbies might get when they purchase their first Ponda Baba figure (next resculpt forthcoming) - or Dr. Evazan. See for my part (not a CARDED collector), I have a version of this figure, and don't really want to update. I need to save my money for multiple IKEA "detolf" cabinets which are like $70 each and will have me spending like $350 just for venues in which to display the stuff I already have. I don't want to spare even $7 more for Evazan when I have him. So I really have nothing to post on this matter as it doesn't serve the community any better for me to write about how down I am with Hasbro's selections when I'm waiting for Cliegg Lars, Jocasta Nu, new Yuuzhan Vong figures, Padmes, etc.

To everyone: usually - if I don't have something nice to post, I won't post it.

Now you guys should all cool it.

JediTricks and the other mods probably want to enjoy the site, too - not babysit. Besides - I personally elected MYSELF to annoy JediTricks and I should be thinking up a really RETARDED question for his Q&A columns (that in reality, I know he works very, very hard for all of us, on) and not playing forum-cop when I'm not even a mod.

But my interests are:

• standing up for my friends like Slicker
    • helping the site grow by welcoming new members like bkusna
    • not having to see negativity like members being suspended or banned because of behavior issues (btw - suspensions read "banned" too though they are temporary)

So let's all just get along.

JT: my RETARDED Q&A submission:

Now that Hasbro has been doing vintage cards to harken back to nostalgic days of collecting in the 70's and 80's, can we get a deliberately cross-eyed paint job collection so that we may also remember every time Hasbro got sloppy with Quality Control? The human figures should come out first, because they always looked the worst with crossed eyes!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Sean the Hutt
    Amen Tycho...let the collecting continue...

"detolf" you say? I will have to check these out.

with that being said Tycho, I do not like my posts being hijacked with lame, nonsensical jokes. (bkusna's reply). I'm trying to help people out. Not get sniped for no reason by tuskens.

the mando BPs are still up for grabs. PM for location

Tycho- totally agree...I post new sales and local finds ,and all I get in return is lame pessimistic bashing from the "know-it-all's"...I'm sure alot of members appreciate the opportunity to save money ,but the few skeptics out there try to ruin it for us.....
    Most of my negative comments are just directed responses to the childlike bashing....

Thanks Tycho

I'm not sure what was going bkusna, because like I said, I haven't seen it all.

Yeah, hopefully your "deals on SW sales" posts are good. Hopefully they weren't considered SPAM (like if they were all for one e-tailer or something - however, a good deal is a good deal, but make sure it's a good deal )

bikerscout: you're cool. We've traded multiple times before. I'm sorry to hear your posts got smart-arse responses. Maybe someone was just trying to be funny and because they're new it wasn't taken like that. I've been on the site for a long time, and we've been friendly - so I take it that if I posted that "you look like a monkey, riding a horse backwards, while eating a stolen hubcap with pizza sauce on it," I probably wouldn't even need to add the "j/k" because you already "know" me. And btw, hubcaps are better with ketchup. Don't waste the pizza sauce.

Sean The Hutt: I don't know why, but IKEA calls these vertical-stand-up display cases, that are almost all glass, "detolfs." Other places call them "curios" but I've seen that name very liberally used to describe the small wall-hanger cabinets (that I wish I could find more of). The detolfs have 3 shelves in them (with the floor making a 4th area) where you can easily display the 12" SideShow / Hasbro (or Medicom, Kotobukya, or Hot Toys) figures. The wall-hanger ones I got at Wal-Mart some years ago. I'd love to find more of them, but haven't seen them for years. They're perfect for making small scenes with 3 3/4" figures like displaying Watto's shop with Qui-Gon, Padme, JarJar, and R2 visiting Watto and Anakin with a few surrounding droid parts and maybe R1-G4 and some pitdroids stuck in there for good measure. A detolf shelf is holding ALL my 12" bounty hunters for another example.

FINALLY IN JUST FOUND NEWS:

My Embos, Kid Fetts, Shaak-Ti, and Plo Koon Jedi Starfighter arrived from HasbroToyShop.com.

They used 3 different boxes to ship it to me! I was very surprised to get so many packages! I haven't had time to open even the boxes they came in yet, but as this was the only thing I ordered from HTS recently, that's what I assume is in the boxes stacked by my door.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't want to see 1 more post about who said what and etc. filling up these threads, this is beyond childish schoolyard nonsense. Enough of it, it stops now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Then changing the subject, but very relevant for Los Angeles residents specifically:

There will be a New huge Civil War battle re-enactment with thousands of infantry, heavy artillery and cavalry this coming weekend, November 13th and 14th, at Moor Park, near Los Angeles, California! Post if you'd like to observe, taking part in the Living History education program, or if your brave and want to take up arms and actually join in the battles. You will be able to borrow a uniform and a rifle and be trained for this event.

You'll also be able to buy clothing, weapons, and equipment on-site if you care to.

Videos of past battles I've been in are posted here:

One of my platoon's squads' sergeants is also a Stormtrooper-member of the 501st.

We will also be able to hook up Los Angelinos with their local, respective 6th Federal Regiment (US - California) companies who train in or close to LA.

I'm with G-Company (San Diego) - however, for your first time, you'll train and learn formations and firing-for-effect with us as you get started (if you prefer to be trained in "The 501st" style).

Detolfs have never been $70.

I bought 3 a few months ago on sale for $19.99. Yeah I know crazy. Regular price is $49.99 to $59.99.

I have a few I don't want and I may sell them because I don't like the wood finish any more.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Here's the official ad for the L.A. (actually Simi Valley / Moor Park / Oxnard area) event:

Official Picture and Event Info - Cool!

It's put on for the benefit of kids' education programs by the Moorpark Rotary Club, too!

Gunfighting, cavarly charges, artillery blasting - lots of fun!

TurboWars what I looked at at IKEA today was an all-glass (on 4 sides) display stand (3 glass shelves within) that was $69.99. The stand is probably about 5 feet and some inches tall - I have some in my place right now and their maximum height is about my eye level. "Devastator" on top of my Transformers case reaches a height greater than my own (if we are looking at the same thing).

IKEA is only selling the beach (wood) finish (on the top and bottom) and the black ones now. They had sold the white ones for $20 each when I bought 2. However I could now use 5 more.

It could be worth it to you to sell yours (easily) though I wouldn't be the customer. It would obviously be rather expensive to move them to San Diego from LA.

But I probably will be getting the "beach" color tone (and maybe a black one for my Terminator stuff).

But I think you can sell yours for more than $20 - or at the very least, get back what you paid for them.