Page 829 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 329729779819825826827828829830831832833839879929 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,290 of 10402
    I'd like it if they sold Bettys.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    Nice, I support tax evaders.
    I had a similar response when I first learned about it, and haven't bought anything there since - though it's not been a conscious choice.

The billys I just so happen to have are the Silver gray. They don't ever have them on display, but some store have them in the warehouse, not the self help though. You have to pay for them and someone gets them for you. The doors I have on the billys have thin frammed aluminum doors. When shut they block about 3/4" of viewable space right in the center.
    Good to know about the silver gray ones, thanks.

The 3/4" loss doesn't sound too bad really, I thought it'd be more somehow - it looks significant in the store for our needs.

No kiddn about the Billys not being cheap after you replace the wood shelves with glass ($5-$7each) and add the 2 Glass doors ($45 each) So you can get the billys for $59.99 + $25 + $90 = about 175 per set-up. I have 3 of those and 3 other Gray Billys that I haven't got the Door yet.

I just got my eFX McVader Helmet yesterday so I will need a case for that too.
    Holy crap, glass shelves too? Man, you are not kidding! And yet, if you buy the exact same setup as a pre-boxed system (minus the glass shelves), it's even more!!! Look at this, a 42" tall Billy with the flower doors is $105: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79856274
    How is it half the height and twice the cost?!? You still gotta build it when you get home either way!

Nice get on the McQ Vader, how is it in person? I've only seen it at the conventions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    This does seem to be the problem. I wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to have custom doors made for me at Farkas Fixtures (they make the store display fixtures in the San Diego area for the local businesses, at least - think of some of the display cabinets used to cordone off a seller's area at Comic Con - and I use them for my full 6-foot battle dioramas).
    Custom is never going to be cheaper, but the good thing is that with the Ikea pieces, you already have the dimensions of the door available and can probably even buy the door fasteners first, so that would save a ton of money since they wouldn't have to do measuring. If I were going custom though, I'd go with plexiglass maybe, something cheaper and lighter than glass.

"Foil" is a term I'm having difficulty getting used to. I keep thinking of tin foil. I wonder how the term is applied to these detolfs?
    Foil in this case is a plastic rather than metal foil. The Detolf's wood is merely particleboard with thin sheets of plastic foil applied to the front.

What do you mean? I really want 7" or shorter figures to be at least shelved at my waist level, especially for any outside display, because I don't want to kneel or lay down on the ground to look at them. (On the carpeting in my living room where Voyager Optimus Prime is fighting The Fallen, Megatron, and Starscream, this is OK as I can lay on the carpteting if I really want to look at these - which I usually don't :P )
    Look at how much vertical space there is between the top of your Detolf and the ceiling, that's a waste of about 4 feet. Sure, you can put a foot-tall figure on top of it, but with a Billy or a similar near-7-foot-tall shelving system you've still got another level of display space on top of THAT. With some of the Billy bookcases, you can stack doors so you can have different types at different heights. Of course, with these types of bookcases, you can adjust shelves to your height needs which is always good - before I bought the Billy, I didn't have a place to put the Star Wars Chronicles and the DK SW reference books.

There's a corner that gets no sunlight, and all my past experience has demonstrated it to be blocked from rain.

See my comment above, but do offer any counterpoint to it if it would be helpful in changing my mind (unless of course I've mitigated the issue with my planned location for this display).
    The sun creates omni-directional light, unless that corner is a cave, it will see a lot of UV light directly or indirectly. The outside air also has a lot of moisture and temperature variations that indoor air doesn't, so furniture that holds up for years inside won't be able to withstand the elements on the balcony. A Detolf, for example, would have its foil peel off in a matter of months, the products inside will get sunbleached in that time, but after that the particleboard will break down as moisture gets in between the cracks and light punishes the surface, then the hinge points will fail and eventually the weight of the glass will break the particleboard hinge points out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Found the entire wave 3 ROTJ at target this morning (minus the wedge and yoda of course) they had 3 cases that were getting put out i took 1 darth anton took another and some scraps were there when i got there and some when i left. One of the workers was running over trying to take all the figs saying someone was on the phone and wanted them. Sorry to bad should show up not make target employees do your dirty work. the weird thing is i took the shipping box from the vintage as well and its listed wave 4.5????? i wonder if this is because they had to remove yoda and wedge for a later date. Also got a tie-bomber from PR walmart. one more was left there 38.88 not to bad i guess. also PR TRU had all the new vehicles at least 3 of each including Xanadu blood and plos fighter. done again for now

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight4516 View Post
    Found the entire wave 3 ROTJ at target this morning (minus the wedge and yoda of course) they had 3 cases that were getting put out i took 1 darth anton took another and some scraps were there when i got there and some when i left. One of the workers was running over trying to take all the figs saying someone was on the phone and wanted them. Sorry to bad should show up not make target employees do your dirty work. the weird thing is i took the shipping box from the vintage as well and its listed wave 4.5????? i wonder if this is because they had to remove yoda and wedge for a later date. Also got a tie-bomber from PR walmart. one more was left there 38.88 not to bad i guess. also PR TRU had all the new vehicles at least 3 of each including Xanadu blood and plos fighter. done again for now
    I haven't seen Wedge or Yoda on any of the case assortments listed at EE (though I haven't checked in a while). I was actually surprised they were being numbered among the ROTJ release this year in the Hasbro Q&A.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I too found the ROTJ wave at Target this morning and a similar thing happened with a stocker. I was loading my basket and an employee came over and told me that he needed a few of them for someone who was on the phone. I threw him an R2 and walked out with almost 2 complete sets. Just need a few more army builders now. What a great wave! A few of them were still unpunched too...nice little bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    I too found the ROTJ wave at Target this morning and a similar thing happened with a stocker. I was loading my basket and an employee came over and told me that he needed a few of them for someone who was on the phone. I threw him an R2 and walked out with almost 2 complete sets. Just need a few more army builders now. What a great wave! A few of them were still unpunched too...nice little bonus.
    For sake of argument, were Yoda and Wedge in the wave? I'm still trying to make sense of that.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    For sake of argument, were Yoda and Wedge in the wave? I'm still trying to make sense of that.
    They are not. They were supposed to, but got delayed for some unknown reason. They are still on the back of Ackbar's card though.

should've posted this sooner, but for the Culver city region: on thurs, Target had a lot of ugh, at least 10 assorted on the pegs, no boba or grievous though. CC TRU had ugh Cody and Magnaguard i believe.

Fri. i met up with a collecting buddy at LF TRU. He hooked me up with some mandos, a camo arf and some TVC wave 3 he found that morning!! Wallet's depleted now, but he grabbed a Luke, Ackbar and Wicket for me. They look awesome. If anyone sees an extra Gammorean guard --please stash. Thx!!

LF TRU had nothing good except for a few arc and mando BPs in the main SW aisle. If this interests ya, I found the Invasion of Utapau BP (cody, airborne, Obi, Grievous) and CW Battle of Orto Plutonia bp (Ani, Obi, Thi-sen, snow Rex). One of each. In the subsection next to the cust. service & store entrance. I wonder if i'm one of the first to spot those? Probably not.

The case of ROTJ I ordered from SWS showed up today.

The good:
    All the cards (except Vader) were unpunched - SWEET.
    The figures look fantastic - very happy Hasbro ditched Yoda (AOTC Yoda wouldn't have made sense on a ROTJ card) and that they put the helmet on the Rebel Trooper (he looked ridiculous bald).

The bad:
    They sent me Asst. M, which has two Sandtroopers.
    The Anakin was Anakin, not the corrected "Darth Vader."
    The case was shipped without any protection (not double-boxed)...luckily nothing was smashed.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    The black brown is ugly. I don't know why they don't offer plain BLACK. I really don't like my Beech units anymore. The white goes better with the modern SW look. I have 6 gray billies with glass doors, 3 White and 4 Beech Detolfs. I need to get rid of a few Beech. I don't ever remember paying $70, but oh well.
    All of my display furniture is black/brown and I love it, although it requires constant dusting. The only other problem is that it is very dark, so anything on the back row gets lost without special lighting installed.