Page 838 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 338738788828834835836837838839840841842848888938 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,380 of 10355

Clone Wars

Just curious, do any of the regulars here watch the Clone Wars series? Even though I've stopped collecting Hasbro stuff, I still watch the show- but I'm on the fence about it. It looks great in HD, and sounds very good on a home theater system, but the stories leave me with a "meh" at the end. The Obi-wan clone battle eps got tired after a while, and now the "political" ones with Padme are getting on my nerves. I love the look but I think someone needs to hire a new writing team to amp this up. Maybe it's just a futile effort since we know what is going to happen and that most of the characters will die, which is why I like the side stories on Mandalor, bounty hunters, etc. More of that might make this exciting again.

I love the Clone Wars TV show.

I like both the action and political stories, as I'm highly interested in politics in real life.

There is a huge discussion thread in the Star Wars TV Forum on SSG's message boards. You never looked over there, Jango Speck?

Basically every episode gets discussed.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Just curious, do any of the regulars here watch the Clone Wars series? Even though I've stopped collecting Hasbro stuff, I still watch the show- but I'm on the fence about it. It looks great in HD, and sounds very good on a home theater system, but the stories leave me with a "meh" at the end. The Obi-wan clone battle eps got tired after a while, and now the "political" ones with Padme are getting on my nerves. I love the look but I think someone needs to hire a new writing team to amp this up. Maybe it's just a futile effort since we know what is going to happen and that most of the characters will die, which is why I like the side stories on Mandalor, bounty hunters, etc. More of that might make this exciting again.
    Yea i watch. wish they would get into a linear sense. Also enough with the senate and padme and give us more boba. Hopefully savage and the sith witches will turn things around. kinda upset the introduced older anakins and ahsokas so soon. but if there jumping around i guess it doesnt matter. Ha.

dude, the CW Secrets revealed screening was beyond awesome. Briefly got to shake Filoni's hand and virtually all of the voice talent/cast attended. Also, R2 and the 501st showed up. Pop quiz with prizes before the screening given by James Arnold Taylor, Cat Taber, Ashley Eckstein and Nika Futterman-pretty fun. Then........ the episodes. 3 of them together seamlessly. Wow, when these debut next month, they'll make ur head explode. Dark and excellent. Of everything across all seasons so far, this arc will probably go down in the top 3 arcs they ever made. Maybe top 2. No spoilers. It's better that way. After the episodes - a quick preview of the latter half of season 3. It was so fast it was hard to remember, but everything looked very interesting. Villains, landscapes, action, etc. After the show, handouts! I didn't get a lot, but they had temp. tattoos for kids, posters, and a shirt.
    Gotta run b/c i have work early tomorrow, but maybe i'll do a raffle on here for the 1 extra poster i have and set of tattoos. (before i start, must be an LA resident) There was also some game card thing, but i'll have to look again for specifics. Think it was credit toward Lucas arts games. gotta go

HTS has free shipping with no minimum order. Holiday 2010 still works, too.

The Y-Wing Bomber and Arc-170 are on sale for $34.99 this week at TRU.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Bikerscout: did David Eckstein attend as well? (Ashley's husband, the Padres (former?) second baseman)?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Last night I picked up the Diamond Select R2D2 rotocast Bank. About 12" tall in scale with their 14 scale figs. This was Los Feliz TRU. Had about 6 there for 19.99.

the grand raffle

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Bikerscout: did David Eckstein attend as well? (Ashley's husband, the Padres (former?) second baseman)?
    So that's how she got that name. Hmm. If he was there I didn't see him, she mainly hung out with Cat Taber & other voice actors.

Well, here goes my crack at a raffle.

Grand prize: Savage Opress retro theme poster.

2nd place: CW temporary tattoo sheet and $10 station cash card for online game SW: Clone Wars Adventures. (www.clonewarsadventures.com, credit may also be used for other Sony Online Ent. [SOE] games).

Rules: I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. Both prizes: Must be a SSG member and have at least 50 posts (no cheating!). Must be an LA resident (exception can be made for SD members who frequent). Prefer to do a meetup for the winners, but if I absolutely must mail, winner pay postage please. [Keep in mind I'll have to buy a tube for the poster]. Also, this'll be on the honor system, but entrants must not have these items already to be fair to everyone.

To enter simply write "I'm in." or "count me in" in this thread. One entry per person. Accepting entries till 1AM tonight (Wed. morning, 12/8/10). If it doesn't look very good at ending time, I may expand it a few more hours. I will put all entrants' names on a piece of paper, put them in a hat, mix them up & draw.

Hopefully 2nd place winner has children, but if not, oh well, maybe they'll have a niece or nephew to give it to.

That's it. Let the games begin!!!!!!! Good luck!!!
    Last edited by bikerscout; 12-07-2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: one important add!

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    So that's how she got that name. Hmm. If he was there I didn't see him, she mainly hung out with Cat Taber & other voice actors.

Well, here goes my crack at a raffle.

Grand prize: Savage Opress retro theme poster.

2nd place: CW temporary tattoo sheet and $10 station cash card for online game SW: Clone Wars Adventures. (www.clonewarsadventures.com, credit may also be used for other Sony Online Ent. [SOE] games).

Rules: I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. Both prizes: Must be a SSG member and have at least 50 posts (no cheating!). Must be an LA resident (exception can be made for SD members who frequent). Prefer to do a meetup for the winners, but if I absolutely must mail, winner pay postage please. [Keep in mind I'll have to buy a tube for the poster]. Also, this'll be on the honor system, but entrants must not have these items already to be fair to everyone.

To enter simply write "I'm in." or "count me in" in this thread. One entry per person. Accepting entries till 1AM tonight (Wed. morning, 12/8/10). If it doesn't look very good at ending time, I may expand it a few more hours.

Hopefully 2nd place winner has children, but if not, oh well, maybe they'll have a niece or nephew to give it to.

That's it. Let the games begin!!!!!!!

"I'm in." or "count me in"

ha

IM IN