Page 862 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 362762812852858859860861862863864865866872912962 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,620 of 10356
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Everybody, just think - a year ago we thought the lack of TRU excl. EU wave 5 was bad. This TVC s**t is probably worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So true - and that WAS awful. I have spent so much premium in online prices and shipping to get these figures, it's painful (but, not nearly as painful as the gas it would cost to hunt them down).

And then when they come in, I'm not even terribly excited but for one or two figs in a wave. *sigh*
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

shaun whites

If they don't pick up with shipping & distribution, I hope Hasbro has wears their raincoats to San Diego. They're gonna get pelted with tomatoes at the SW panel in July!!!!!

(but what it probably is [and I hate to defend hasbro on this one] is that the stores aren't ordering anything FOR hasbro TO ship!!! What a screwjob!!!!)

JT -- maybe 50 somethin miles for the PR run, but not 60. At least not for me. I do the 170 to the 5 to the 118. (Got a friend who lives in Mission hills and we go there sometimes). Good part is, u can hit the TRU and Bestbuy in that section. Also In-N-out and Pick up stix in that plaza i think. If ur a trip combiner
    If I do the full run, I end up going from Hollywood to Van Nuys/Panorama City, then from there to Porter Ranch, then from there to Topanga Canyon, and then back to Hollywood. It's grueling, but it has 3 or 4 Walmarts, 2 TRUs, and 3 or 4 Targets, all in a loop. I mathed it up on Google, it's 58 miles. It's a beast of a trip, but the vista after Porter Ranch is great.

My other big run is a loop east, from Hollywood to San Gabriel Walmart, Rosemead Target, Baldwin Park Target & Walmart, West Covina TRU & Walmart, Duarte Target & WM, Monrovia TRU, and if I'm feeling particularly desperate, both Pasadena Targets, Eagle Rock Target, Glendale Target, and Los Feliz TRU.

I hate having to do that much driving for these stupid figures. It used to be exciting when there was stuff to be found, but as more toy lines dried up and SW got into this bad pacing rut, and gas has gone up so bad, it's become a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    So true - and that WAS awful. I have spent so much premium in online prices and shipping to get these figures, it's painful (but, not nearly as painful as the gas it would cost to hunt them down).

And then when they come in, I'm not even terribly excited but for one or two figs in a wave. *sigh*
    Yeah, that's such a good point. I found almost all of the AOTC wave in my last run and was so "blah" about the whole thing, ended up only buying Zam and 1 Senate Guard. In my current list of figures I'm looking for, it's so spotty...

jango

stormtrooper?

luke dagobah
    lando general
    weequay skiff master

cw hevy (training gear)

That's out of like 5 SW waves currently hitting (3 TVC, 2 CW)!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Be careful what you buy.

Someone down here, typically in Wal-Mart, but I've seen it done in Target, too - they are buying new figures (Vintage) and replacing the figures with OLDER versions, RECARDING them, and returning them.

One's I've seen include Zam Wessel, Anakin Peasant (they throw the E1 Tatooine Accessory Pack shawl over him), Jango Fett (the old Saga figure is stuck in there), the Endor Rebel Soldier, and who-knows what else?

It's frustrating when you discover the new cards (vintage) and upon closer inspection - it's not the figure you were looking for.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

tycho --stop swapping figures and then tellin us about them to make us think its not you!!!!

tycho --stop swapping figures and then tellin us about them to make us think its not you!!!!
    Couldn't be Tycho, it would have to be someone who opens their figures and can discern between old and new.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Couldn't be Tycho, it would have to be someone who opens their figures and can discern between old and new.
    Yeah, I saw the Vintage Luke today at TRU. Where is his grappling hook gun and the apparent effects of the steroids he's been taking? And how come Hoth Leia looks like a girl?

No seriously: at TRU, got vintage style ROTS Yoda finally. They had a few, I left 2 more behind me.

I passed on the rest: R5-D4, Han (incorrect) Ceremony, Luke Death Star, Stormtrooper (looks great vintage carded though, doesn't it?), Cmdr Gree, Luke Jedi, Utopau Clone - other figures, don't remember which.

Anyway, not sure which wave that is? 5? But I'm looking for Skiff Master Weequay, that wave.

I think the waves were:

1 - ESB
    2 - ROTS
    3 - ROTJ
    4 - AOTC (hardly ever appearing, but I got Padme from HTS)
    5 - ANH (but mixed)
    6 - mixed but mostly ROTJ?

Not sure what Wave 7 is or when it's out.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

war report

shoulda posted this sooner but yesterday evening,

La cienega TRU had:

SW: CW - Obi-wan, 1 hevy, and 2 Cad Banes/Todos

GI Joe: newer Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow (whirlwind kick), and 2 shock troopers (i nabbed the 3rd one) I put them toward the back of the pegs -

TF: all HA appear to be clearancing for $17. The noteworthy set is probably Barricade w/frenzy. Only had 1.

was going to hit the la cien Target, but didn't want to spend anymore & didnt feel confident they'd have new stuff. Lmk if i was wrong. (or maybe, don't lmk!)

For those that like to buy new unreleased figures from China, check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)