Page 872 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 372772822862868869870871872873874875876882922972 ... LastLast
Results 8,711 to 8,720 of 10401
    I found the HA Basics at Target, too - I meant to get Spike and forgot (got the snowmobile and sandstorm - the later is the winner of the two). Glad to know Spike is worth it.

I agree with you on the general impression, but I've felt that way about all the movie toys. What I will say about this line is that the packaging is so much more attractive. For whatever reason, I enjoy this way more than RTS, Generations, or the last two movies. Just more attractive.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I hear ya JT, on the mountain of DOTM toys overshadowing Generations -if u want Wreck-gar & warpath. All i want is that LC Ironhide (and warpath!) & it ****es me off that he's not shipping now.

Wow, didn't know TVC wv4 was that hard to find. Guy was tellin me today that he'd never seen Zam in the wild. I haven't seen her or Kit fisto yet. I've seen Mace & clone many times. Don't think i've seen the SBD either. Horrible year for collecting. All lines, Joe, TF & SW.
    Last edited by bikerscout; 05-24-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: wp

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    What are you doing buying galactic heroes? Did you get my PM?
    Yes. I'll see if I need to respond to your PM right now, but I've been running around so much. Sorry if I delayed that.

Anyway, I've always collected Galactic Heroes since they were PlaySkool's Star Wars Adventures during the AOTC years.

In the GH forum, I've listed all the vehicles (it's mostly vehicles besides a GH Qui-Gon and a few other characters) that I want. The AT-ST for use in a GH Endor diorama** was definitely on that list. Hopefully they won't repack it in an Endor set with Ewoks I can't get any other way (if the line is truly cancelled, to be replaced by that poseable cartoony-kid-figure line though I don't remember what it's called, but they're re-using the GH vehicles for it).

** I buy and keep stuff for lots of display dioramas that I don't have any room to set up. Just buying the stuff has become a sick habit now. I don't even open most things any more But I moved over my display fixtures out of my storage and will be setting up:

Escape from the Queen's Palace
    The Gungan Battle for Naboo
    The Battle of Theed
    The Ewok Battle of Endor

The Pod Race
    The First Arena Battle (with beasts)
    The Second Arena Battle (with clones)
    The First Battle of Geonosis (AOTC)
    The Battle of Utopau
    Jedi vs. Sith on Mustafar

Bounty Hunter Pursuit through the skies of Coruscant
    The Battle of Christophis (Clone Wars)

Kamino
    The Battle of Kashyyyk

And most of the corresponding 12" figures (Hasbro and SideShow mixed) in IKEA detolfs

If I am able to make it look good, I'll add either EU scenes that go with these environments, or the corresponding Galactic Heroes, Jedi Force, and Force Battlers that I also bought...and Star Wars Buddies (Remember those? *Sigh*)

But instead of being a candidate for "Hoarders" (cable television), my stuff is inventoried and organized (or getting there). Yet I am SICK and I know it. Nope. Not going to change. I feel the Force. LOL. However, I am not EVER going to start another Star Wars line (GH's replacement or whatever) ....uh, except if the live-action show ever comes out and its tie-in products look cool). But that is why I do not own ANY Star Wars LEGOs - beyond the expense. I'd never have any room - nor time to put them together (but they look cool anyway) - and I'd get some Star Wars Transformers (maybe) because I buy a small amount of Transformers anyway (and want to make "scenes" with those, too). I am sick, sick, sick!!! But it's funny, because I feel great about it anyway!

EDIT: Oh - if you noticed I am making almost exclusively PREQUEL scenes, you are correct. In my old apartment, before my brain aneurysm (that should explain a lot, but I was nuts before then, too), I had created all classic scenes:

Endor
    Death Star I & II

Mos Eisley
    Dune Sea (SOTE)

Hoth
    Cloud City

They will return if (1) I get a 5 bedroom house, or (2) after 10 years, as that's how long I displayed them, I sell off my PREQUEL TRILOGY stuff (complete with the packaging that I save in storage) as the recreated complete movie scenes. I'll be close to my 50's ten! By my 60's I think I'll finish up with Terminator, Transformers, and Star Trek (my other collections for dioramas) unless I do get rich and buy a huge house. Sorry - a "toy room" wouldn't cut it. I need about a 10 "toy room" house! Nuts! Just plain Nuts! (But at least I didn't claim the world was going to end last Saturday!)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Crenshaw Walmart has the TIE Bomber on clearance for $20, finally. They've had it in clearance section with tags for full price for months. It's pretty nice, much better than the original. They also have saga legends on sale for $5.

They and la cienega target have nothing new today.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My Toys R Us did a huge front-of-the-store reset for Transformers to debut this morning. But I couldn't go

I lost my keys! Yup. I don't know how I got in my apartment last night without them. I had to have the keys to drive home and get in the door. Don't remember too much about last night, but I wasn't drinking. I've just been out a lot and needed more sleep.

Now I can't lock up or drive anywhere. I'm cleaning my apartment real thoroughly and am checking everywhere. It has to be here somewhere! This is so frustrating....
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

"My Toys R Us did a huge front-of-the-store reset for Transformers to debut this morning. But I couldn't go"

Well that's a little late -- the street date was 5/16 for all of the new DOTM to hit. If you spot an extra Generations Warpath, plmk. Buy 1 off ya for cost + shipping. I'm sick of going to stores with nothing but Dotm garbage.
    Last edited by bikerscout; 05-27-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: smilie code

I haven't actually seen any GIJoe figures, but the latest reset at the Beaumont Wal-Mart has some empty pegs for single Joes. Looking around online, it appears that the Iron Grenadier/Viper wave and the wave after it are hitting some WM's.

Did anyone actually find Shadow Tracker? Is he planned for a later case revision? If I have to, he's one I could skip, but I prefer to get every Cobra who looks somewhat plausible. (I did pass on a few movie ones, but even got most of them eventually.)

The Ross store next to WM got in some more last-wave Alpha vehicles. Also, quite oddly, they got a huge batch of MARS Troopers... for full price, after I bought the last two they had on clearance a couple of weeks ago. Never understood the "clear it out at rock bottom prices so we can replenish the same thing at full price!" strategy Ross, Marshalls, and sometimes even Target employ.

I made a few decent finds today. First I found the formerly EE exclusive comic pack w/ PLOURR ILO & DLLR NEP at a ROSS. The price was only $5.99 so I couldn't pass that up. There was only 1 unfortunately. Second score was a Jedi Speeder from TRU. They had a fresh case of Vintage w5 also. It was funny to see the old Stormtrooper with the funny paint app & yellowing helmet.

Definitely looking for the new GI Joe w5 too. Gotta get a few of those new Cobra Troopers & Jungle B.A.T.S.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    I made a few decent finds today. First I found the formerly EE exclusive comic pack w/ PLOURR ILO & DLLR NEP at a ROSS. The price was only $5.99 so I couldn't pass that up. There was only 1 unfortunately.
    These are very plentiful at almost every Ross I've hit the past couple of weeks. The price is ridiculously low and the figures make for good customizing fodder.

TF fans -- don't panic just yet, but I wanted to warn people if they've ordered from TFSource in the past month (or even April), your credit card info may have been compromised. Check your account frequently. TFsource isn't confirming that they were hacked again recently, but better be safe then sorry. I ordered a G1 figure in April with an Amex card and so far - nothing wrong. Just thought I'd spread the word, even if TFsource.com did not get hacked.

In all of my runs in the past 2 weeks, I did not see any new Joes. Is there any truth to the rumor earlier this year that Walmart would no longer carry Joes??