Page 875 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 375775825865871872873874875876877878879885925975 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,750 of 10429
    Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    Found some new Vintage figures at TRU today. Pickup the Rebel Blockade Trooper, Bom Vimdin, Logray and ARC Trooper Commander.
    Which TRU?

Thanks to Bikerscout's message, I got an overpriced order for Warpath in to HasbroToyShop, and he's sold out already again so that was great timing (although HTS and I butted heads over my password for 10 whole minutes while I was sitting in the car trying to order over 3G).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Which TRU?
    Sorry, it was La Cienega.

JT -- hah! Instead of asking u for codes I should've told you sooner. Forgot u needed him. Glad u were able to get one. I know how that feels -knowing you have a password, but coming up short tryin to put it in. Too bad there weren't any good SW figs to combine into the order & save on shipping

darkagent -- ya, a friend and I had no luck at the Trus we did today (burbank and LF) Good score.

The forum is moving very S-L-O-W-L-Y for me today, and I'm waiting on the Transformers thread still. Has anyone found Rumble yet, or just Windcharger? Given how relatively easy it's been to find the recent "Ross exclusive" GIJoes here, this may be a real godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    maradona --thanks the tip earlier today!!!
    No problem. I'm glad our Warpath problems have been solved.

Rumble hasn't been listed in any assortments yet. I don't believe he'll see release as part of the RTS line.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I saw a Decepticon Seaspray repaint (Deep Dive?) in RTS packaging at the Rosses in Beaumont and Yucaipa, and a RTS Legends motorcycle dude with a noticeable movie aesthetic (Chop Chop?) at the Rosses in Colton and Redlands.

No Grapple or Windcharger yet.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I saw a Decepticon Seaspray repaint (Deep Dive?) in RTS packaging at the Rosses in Beaumont and Yucaipa, and a RTS Legends motorcycle dude with a noticeable movie aesthetic (Chop Chop?) at the Rosses in Colton and Redlands.

No Grapple or Windcharger yet.
    How great are Ross and Marshalls? Let me count a few of the ways:

12 GI Joe 25th Anniversary Cobra Troops for $3.99 each
    1 ROTF Evac for $5.99
    1 ROTF red Rampage for $5.99
    1 clearanced MARS 3 pack for $4 (can't resist the idea of 3 customizable figures for $4)

These stores constantly prove the adage "Only suckers pay retail," which sounds like it was one of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition, though I can find no confirmation of this. I've been a "sucker" by this definition plenty of times and will likely be again.

The rule of closeout stores is simple. Most only remember the first sentence, though: "Any toy you buy at retail will be at Ross or Marshall's a year later." The second sentence is just as important: "Any toy you pass on at retail in anticipation of getting at a closeout store will never actually show up at such a store."

Hasbro should really just bite the bullet and make the GIJoe line officially be Ross exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The rule of closeout stores is simple. Most only remember the first sentence, though: "Any toy you buy at retail will be at Ross or Marshall's a year later." The second sentence is just as important: "Any toy you pass on at retail in anticipation of getting at a closeout store will never actually show up at such a store."

Hasbro should really just bite the bullet and make the GIJoe line officially be Ross exclusives.
    Wise words indeed. To prove your point, I'm still waiting to find the Walmart "exclusive" Battle Stations and the online "exclusive" Resolute sets.