Page 880 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 380780830870876877878879880881882883884890930980 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 10378
    Hey LA gang, don't forget to check into the SDCC Get Together thread if you haven't already. I'm proposing a Saturday afternoon get together, but we're taking time ideas from everybody. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showth...r?goto=newpost

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I skipped the Voltron figure. I have a die-cast 15" combiner in my classroom, so unless Mattel does something very large, I'll skip this line.
    Right on! While moving, I found my boxed set from a re-release in the late '90s, so thrilled to be able to put that up on display. I also have the transforming 8" one from that same era, been using it as my primary, but seeing the mobility and blazing sword action on the SDCC one, I must admit that I am tempted, and if they have any in the booth, I may end up buying it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Japanese Voltron that was released a few years back has at least as much mobility as the Mattel exclusive, plus it splits into the individual lions (and there's both a diecast and plastic version out there). I will be joining the other group and saving my money for a better offering.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

JT - you can have my Voltron. I've changed my mind & it's too late to cancel or return from Mattycollector. Screwjob with the no refund, no return policy. My card's already been charged. $32 with tax.

i'll have to look @ your SDCC thing later

With their lines, Hasbro should look at the pre-order thing. You can spend half a day in line and not actually get what you're waiting for.

Yeah, that would be a good idea Hasbro could try. Just no screwjob "no refund, no return, no exceptions, no shirt, no shoes, no service" BS is all I would ask

Any TF collector who doesn't have MP Grimlock - I highly recommend him!!

saw a SL DS trooper at burbank target yesterday evening
    Last edited by bikerscout; 07-12-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: ds

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    With their lines, Hasbro should look at the pre-order thing. You can spend half a day in line and not actually get what you're waiting for.
    I think they're trying to get rid of some of the lesser exclusives, the stuff that ends up clearanced out at Ross and stuff - the SDCC Transformers Blaster release from 2 years ago just hit Canadian liquidators at $20. They're trying to get impulse buys. Also, I think there may be some licensing issues, but it may just be a logistics issue. They do need to consider it though, the Hasbro line has been a disaster since '07, Fire Marshal just standing there the whole preview night.

Target West Hollywood has hyper-inflated their prices on almost everything. Target used to be so good, now they're getting so out of control.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

way waaaay out in the outer rim I saw a TF DOTM HA Roadbuster yesterday. Pm for location. I didn't stash, but put toward back of shelf

Culver City Target had a Transformers DOTM Human Alliance Roadbuster tonight, 2 of them actually. I had just bought one at Crenshaw WM not 3 hours prior. Those stores had pretty much nothing else noteworthy, nor did La Cienega TRU, although all DOTM TF are bogo50%off again.

Roadbuster makes a HORRIBLE impression out of package, a total mess, and the instruction sheet is I believe the largest one I've seen in the last decade. But once you go through it once, the vehicle mode comes together a lot better than how it was packaged (I ignored the instructions going back, they had enough confusion and mistakes going to robot mode that I didn't want to repeat the frustration). Some interesting ideas in this figure, robot mode is a little gappy in the midsection though, and a few panels too floppy, and a REALLY ugly headsculpt, I looked up pics of the movie character and it's not half as bad, the Hasbro designers got the face too fat and wide with tiny narrow eyes, it looks so bad that the sunglasses feel like a must (they're also too small for the fat head, but what can ya do?).

I have more TF sightings, I just forgot about them

TRU La Cienega had Voyager wave 2, Fireburst Optimus, and Sentinel Prime.

Target Culver City had Cyberverse Commander Battle Steel Optimus.

WM had a mountain of exclusive Dlx Optimus Prime, but neither of the other 2 WM-exclusive Deluxes (that I saw, anyway, but they had 3 or 4 locations for TF). I was going to buy Prime, but saw Roadbuster and only had enough scratch for one or the other - it was NOT a hard choice "gee, another sub-sized Optimus Prime with a compromised transformation, or an all-new character from the Human Alliance line that has a weaponized vehicle mode?"

BTW, Roadbuster's instruction sheet is 2 feet long and has 91 official steps, plus a few added panels to explain non-transformation stuff, and still gets a few things wrong, like the saw weapon sticking out the right side (the production paint photo at the top of the instructions clearly show this, and the saw is hinged for that direction only).