Page 897 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 397797847887893894895896897898899900901907947997 ... LastLast
Results 8,961 to 8,970 of 10362
    I was supposed to cover it for ActionFigs.com, but I'm feeling very low right now after some family stuff, so I decided to pass up the opportunity. I may go on Sunday if Steve cannot find a replacement.

Target Culver City: El-Les, and nothing else noteworthy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm sorry to hear that, JT. I'll take pics, if that will help.

I stashed a Spacetrooper at Los Feliz TRU. PM me if you would like it.

kazes

Where are all the new CW and tvc waves? Hmph.

It's a ways away but is anyone interested in going to Comikaze on Nov.5 and 6th? It's gonna be downtown and tix are at low prices right now. ($12 for a daily and 20 for a 2-day pass). The site is comikazeexpo.com. Lmk.

I saw a flyer for this at Power Con. Stan Lee's involvement and an online pre-sale lead me to wonder if these are the same people who put together the failed Rock and Comics convention in Pasadena last year. I went and it was overpriced ($20 if I remember correctly) and largely empty of both vendors and attendees. Still, I love conventions enough that I might become interested enough to go.

La Cienega TRU yesterday had CW Commander Colt (whom I bought), Defense of Kamino BP, TVC Han Bespin. I meant to post this when I got home, but got sidetracked.

Colt I almost didn't buy, CW figures are barely worth $8 to me from the best of them (with tax, $9), and he looked very light on accessories minus the oversized rocket launcher. But I saw he had a removable backpack behind the insert and that nudged it slightly across the line, proverbially speaking. The figure uses the old body and is identical to the Defense of Kamino figure except for paint. The DC-17 pistols don't fit that well in his hands, unfortunate because he has no other weapon. Also, the sculpt on the helmet really doesn't match the source all that well, and the paint is ok but so much complexity that a lot of little stuff shows as being less than spectacular.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT -- I don't think I'll return my CC Colt since that s.o.#. was so hard to find!

Maradona --- I hope it isn't the same group either. I think the big/substantial sponsors are wary of plunking down their money for space at a new convention. Get some big companies there and people will be more inclined to go. I'm still not sure if I'll go 1 or 2 days. There's a big party I'm going to for Univ. Halloween horror nights people on the Sat. of this convention - if i get up too late Sun., so much for that day. Haha

still lookin for a Zam W.

So is it just me or does $9 a figure just seem to be the limit of tolerance? I just have a hard time justifying that price on any of these figures, especially the re-packs. I am still hoping for a Wedge whenever he comes out but I think it might be the last new fig I buy. . .thoughts?

Target Culver city I stashed a defend kamino b p today, and it's on sale for $18 to boot.

Yeah, $9 is clearly hurting the brand a lot. I've cut figure buys by 1/3 so far.

If i weren't so broke right now, I'd go for that stash JT. Figs need to stay in that CW sale range of $7. No more than $8 for tvc. Hopefully we get more sales closer to the holidays. If i decide to call it quits on SW, then I'll go exclusively TFs. And some Joes once in a blue moon.