Page 904 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 4048048548949009019029039049059069079089149541004 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,040 of 10343
    T
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    chuxter -- the Sky striker would make a good doorbuster. They need to rerelease the Flagg at some point. Maybe not now during the recession though
    It'll never happen. You saw how huge that thing was at comic-con. Never gonna happen. If the BMF was over $100, the FLAGG would be over $200, easy.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    TIt'll never happen. You saw how huge that thing was at comic-con. Never gonna happen. If the BMF was over $100, the FLAGG would be over $200, easy.
    You're right in that it probably will not be rereleased, since Hasbro has stated that the tools are gone. Hasbro began to design a new version within the last couple of years, I believe, but it never got beyond the design point. That said, I would explode with joy if I ever saw a retail FLAGG again. At least once a year, I have a dream that I walk into some rural retail toy store and find a dusty one on clearance MIB. Oh, the stuff dreams are made of...

Target CC - Bom Vimdin.

TRU CC - The Revenge of the Jedi figures are now backing up horribly at that store, and all the upper stock cases have been ravaged.

Do you think stores will stock well before Thurs. for thanksgiving & black fri. sales?? (guess it depends on peg & shelf space)
    Not likely, the point of Black Friday is to move as much old stock as possible, it's the sale that creates the day when most businesses go into the black.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Would be nice if some Human Alliance Barricades (the Decepticon police car) showed up - maybe even at the discount stores.
    That already happened almost a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    TRU will have the GIJoe mechs as "doorbusters" for $9.99. They're rather prominent in their ad, and I think it says something like "Our lowest price EVAR!!!11!!!"

I wonder how many parents will rush to get them, oblivious to the fact that Marshalls and Ross have had them at that price for ages.
    I doubt anybody will rush to get them, there's something incredibly uninspiring about those mechs they released. I'm a big fan of mech-suit toys, but those haven't tempted me at any price - they seem somewhat lazy and not fun and repetitive of other stuff from the last few years.

Got lucky & found a bastila at La Cienega tru. Round 5pm too. Not sure if I'll use it for a gift or keep for myself yet. Definitely won't open. Target had T2 skynet edition bluray for $4.75. Couldn't resist, so I picked 1 up. Now I have T2 and T4 on bluray. T3's not worth havin on blu. The original is, probably grab it on a good sale. Speaking of good sales k-mart currently has games on clearances. Worth checking out.
    Now where is that armored Savage?

chuxter -- the Sky striker would make a good doorbuster. They need to rerelease the Flagg at some point. Maybe not now during the recession though
    Damn, I didn't remember to hunt for that T2 bluray, I looked at the front racks but got distracted.

They'll never re-release the Flagg, the odds of them even having the tooling isn't high, and then the cost would be astronomical if they did.

TIt'll never happen. You saw how huge that thing was at comic-con. Never gonna happen. If the BMF was over $100, the FLAGG would be over $200, easy.
    Over $300 is more likely in terms of shelf space or even shipping. It's a simpler tool than the Falcon in some ways, and its electronics are pretty darn basic, but just the sheer size, cost of materials, packaging, cost of manufacturing, even printing over 100 die-cut stickers... oh man, that'd be a nightmare to put back together.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I dunno.

Some real turds have been wiped out on TRU's sales floor on Black Friday, after having lingered for months or even years, because of an advertised BF sale. People think they're getting a deal, and parents don't care. Those mechs are going to be gone... at TRU. They'll still rot everywhere else.

I've got one Deviant myself and have seriously considered buying extras because the pilot is so awesome. (He's basically a Techno-Viper in red.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Eh, I'm not seeing it. It's the same Sigma 6 mold from years ago, which wasn't exciting then and was designed for that line's smaller figures. It seems like these 2 mechs aren't moving at ANY store, much less TRU who has the worst track record with old junk. And most of their product is the dustiest since it's been out for a year and TRU is so gross usually.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ya, the odds may not be in our favor, but the Falcon debuted at $150-160 and people were buying it. Iirc there was an animatronic pony/horse toy what was between $200-300 two or three yrs. ago and people were buying that too. I think it was called Butterscotch - furreal friends. Hasbro. Attachment added.

JT -- I saw that Bom vimdin. Also, very true about CC Tru. Checked those ravaged cases. Had to wait 10 min. + for two super-annoying ladies stuffing their carts full of toys before I could check up high though. They knew I was waiting & didn't even try to leave.

The Defiance shuttle was awesome too. That'd be a cool rerelease too, along with Fortress Maximus. Lol. I'm pipe dreaming away aren't I??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails butterscotch.jpg  

I got that Transformers tank figure (Cyberverse commander) that reminds me of Brawl. Found several at Wal-Mart.

I'm up-to-date on Star Wars save for the Mandalorian Transport vehicle (if anyone's found it).

I still need 2 of every Soundwave product from DOTM and have never seen them yet.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Ya, the odds may not be in our favor, but the Falcon debuted at $150-160 and people were buying it. Iirc there was an animatronic pony/horse toy what was between $200-300 two or three yrs. ago and people were buying that too. I think it was called Butterscotch - furreal friends. Hasbro. Attachment added.
    Yeah, but that's an entirely different market, and wasn't the same manufacturing process either.

JT -- I saw that Bom vimdin. Also, very true about CC Tru. Checked those ravaged cases. Had to wait 10 min. + for two super-annoying ladies stuffing their carts full of toys before I could check up high though. They knew I was waiting & didn't even try to leave.

The Defiance shuttle was awesome too. That'd be a cool rerelease too, along with Fortress Maximus. Lol. I'm pipe dreaming away aren't I??
    Sometimes you just have to pardon yourself and push through them. They don't have a monopoly on shopping.

The Defiant space vehicle launch complex was INSANELY cool, but a re-release would be... unthinkable. It was a large coffee table in size! Fort Max wasn't half the complexity of the Defiant complex, which is saying quite a bit. Fort Max got a Japanese re-release though, but it's a simpler tooling and a robot.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The Defiant space vehicle launch complex was INSANELY cool, but a re-release would be... unthinkable. It was a large coffee table in size! Fort Max wasn't half the complexity of the Defiant complex, which is saying quite a bit. Fort Max got a Japanese re-release though, but it's a simpler tooling and a robot.
    Fort Max almost got a domestic re-release too (as Brave Max) but didn't pass the child safety drop test. Word from the co is that they made several attempts to bring the toy up to current regs, but couldn't do it in a cost-effective manner. I think we got screwed on that one. But maybe they'll completely re-design him or Metroplex for the Generations line. Wow, Bikerscout. It IS fun to dream the dream.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

The Defiant Shuttle complex is amazing. I would love to have that in good shape. Back in 1998, at the dawn of eBay, I bought the shell of it for $40. It was too huge to keep in doors. It was lost in a move, though I believe I still have the shuttle.

Fortress Maximus was available as Brave Maximus both in Japan and Korea, with the Korean version being rather affordable (circa $300) up until last year, at least. If it were released in the states, that's not horribly far from where it would be priced. I have a Fort Max MIB which I bought from a friend for $300 a while back. I've never worked up the courage to remove it from the styrofoam. An Encore series rerelease might eventually happen, where I'm hoping Scorponok and Trypticon will return through.

Since this has become a tread for super huge 80s toys that we'd love to, though would never see, rerelease, I'd like to point out that the Mobile Command Center was brought out again some years ago and languished at TRU, even on clearance, where I bought one for $25, as I'm sure many did. Maybe Hasbro will give us a Terror Drome next year for the movie release... The ROC PIT certainly didn't go far, though.