Page 905 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 4058058558959019029039049059069079089099159551005 ... LastLast
Results 9,041 to 9,050 of 10363
    superquick SW report - burbk Target had a CC Jet and spacetrooper
    Brbk TRU had an A7(?) mobile assault cannon. Put it behind the y-wings. Not a good stash. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Fort Max almost got a domestic re-release too (as Brave Max) but didn't pass the child safety drop test. Word from the co is that they made several attempts to bring the toy up to current regs, but couldn't do it in a cost-effective manner. I think we got screwed on that one. But maybe they'll completely re-design him or Metroplex for the Generations line. Wow, Bikerscout. It IS fun to dream the dream.
    Hasbro is so weird. They make items specifically for collector use, but require EVERYTHING to pass their safety tests for ages 3 and up. Don't get me wrongo, I think their commitment to toy safety is admirable, they don't crow about it but they have extremely stringent requirements for safety, well above US minimums. But in this case, it's not a toy, it's an adult collectible and there won't be parts eaten by kids, so there's less chance that someone is going to whip out their lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    The Defiant Shuttle complex is amazing. I would love to have that in good shape. Back in 1998, at the dawn of eBay, I bought the shell of it for $40. It was too huge to keep in doors. It was lost in a move, though I believe I still have the shuttle.

Fortress Maximus was available as Brave Maximus both in Japan and Korea, with the Korean version being rather affordable (circa $300) up until last year, at least. If it were released in the states, that's not horribly far from where it would be priced. I have a Fort Max MIB which I bought from a friend for $300 a while back. I've never worked up the courage to remove it from the styrofoam. An Encore series rerelease might eventually happen, where I'm hoping Scorponok and Trypticon will return through.

Since this has become a tread for super huge 80s toys that we'd love to, though would never see, rerelease, I'd like to point out that the Mobile Command Center was brought out again some years ago and languished at TRU, even on clearance, where I bought one for $25, as I'm sure many did. Maybe Hasbro will give us a Terror Drome next year for the movie release... The ROC PIT certainly didn't go far, though.
    When I was a kid, I bought a used one in perfect condition for $50, had to wheel it home to my grandma's. It stayed in her place until I was 17 and had to move out of state, she put it outdoors and then gave it to the neighbor kid... with all my Joes still in it!

Didn't they recently recycle the Mobile Command Center for a different license? I think a Marvel license.

The ROC Pit looked like a pale imitation, a snore.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, you act as if parents care what actually looks any good when they see a deal. I just know that, every year, there's one moldy piece of crap that TRU touts as "our lowest price ever!" (and usually the same price or a buck higher than Ross and Marshall's have tons of the same thing selling for), and the parents clean them out because they're clueless and think they're saving money.

The ROC Pit was also worth the $45 it was eventually blown out for.

Stopped by the Walmart in Beaumont last night to see what was left. To my utter surprise, I found Transformers Generations Deluxe Sky Shadow. I didn't even know this wave was going to get a US release. No sign of Scrapheap, but now I'm looking for him.

(Ordinarily, I would've passed on a Japan-only character, but he looks awesome, and, well, the ratio of five Autobots to every Decepticon always bugged me.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Sending you a new PM Chuxter.

Anyone find any good stuff since Thurs.??
    Last edited by bikerscout; 11-26-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: ques

I found my 2 Cyberverse Soundwaves.

Now I need:

2 x Human Alliance Soundwave
    2 x Deluxe Soundwave

1x Clone Wars Mandalorian Transport vehicle

I'm not sure any of the above are shipping though, especially to Southern California.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Thanks to a tip from bikerscout, I scored Junkheap this morning at the Redlands WM. They still had one Junkheap and two Sky Shadows.

What's up with Junkheap? I thought it was "Scrapheap" and he was going to have a new head....
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Thanks to a tip from bikerscout, I scored Junkheap this morning at the Redlands WM. They still had one Junkheap and two Sky Shadows.

What's up with Junkheap? I thought it was "Scrapheap" and he was going to have a new head....
    Scrapheap has a new head and is a Japanese 3-pack-release only. Junkheap has a new head separate from Wreck-Gar and Scrapheap, and if yours doesn't... um, it probably does and you just didn't compare them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Not sure how many of you are considering going, but Wonder Con 2012 registration is finally open. I suspect it will be an eventful show. This might be Anaheim's pitch to host the real thing. At $40 for all three days, I couldn't let it pass.

Hmmm. I might check this out. Esp. if the panels strike my interest. Anyone else goin?

I guess the controversy is whether San Diego holds on to the INTERNATIONAL Comic-Con (versus Anaheim, L.A., etc.)

See, because San Diego gets such a draw from locals like myself, they're always going to have a Sci-Fi / Comic Con here.

Since other cities have the New York Comic Con, the San Francisco Comic Con, etc. - San Diego should not lose the name.

Are they going to have the convention in Anaheim and call it the San Diego Comic Con (In Anaheim)?

So my thoughts are they will always have a convention down here. We also used to have Star Trek Conventions as well.

Now I don't want to lose the INTERNATIONAL Comic Con as it has been set up for decades now.

But now that all the above has been brought up, why doesn't Anaheim and L.A. just start their own conventions?

If they get better attendance, then they'll get more draw.

All they are competing for is the International company's patronage. Let them compete - but have them throw their own conventions in order to do it.

Duh.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.