Page 913 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 4138138639039099109119129139149159169179239631013 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,130 of 10344
    New flags! I want it, I want it, I want it! Me, me, me, me!
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

This is probably a shot in the dark, but is there any possibility the TF: Prime wheeljack will be out before the end of the month? Still have that Tf coupon handy. He looks really awesome

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    This is probably a shot in the dark, but is there any possibility the TF: Prime wheeljack will be out before the end of the month? Still have that Tf coupon handy. He looks really awesome
    Yes - sightings have come in from locations around the country including some in California.

Rid

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Yes - sightings have come in from locations around the country including some in California.
    Hmm - what store again??

And will the packaging say 'robots in disguise' or am i confusing that with a separate line? thx.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Hmm - what store again??

And will the packaging say 'robots in disguise' or am i confusing that with a separate line? thx.
    That's what it will say. So far, just TRU, but unlike the recently cancelled First Edition waves, this line will be available at most retailers.

JT, you would have mentioned it if they had the Mandalorian transport vehicle, right?

Also, where are the Deluxe and HA Soundwave figures, already? (And Que...I guess).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    JT, you would have mentioned it if they had the Mandalorian transport vehicle, right?

Also, where are the Deluxe and HA Soundwave figures, already? (And Que...I guess).
    Yes, I would have mentioned if I had found the Mando Shuttle, which I haven't and am beginning to wonder if I ever will.

Transformers seems to be in a tailspin. Target was supposed to have a 2-pack of deluxe Leadfoot and Topspin, that never materialized.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Saw the 2012 version of SW "Battle Packs" for the first time at Montebello TRU yesterday and was appalled. I'm far from a completist and the figures are essentially all repacks that don't pique my interest, but I was still stunned. The price for 3 figures was $26.99 and the sets were blister carded - fewer figures, less packaging, higher price. I'm not against positive change and I'm definitely in favor of less packaging. I was disappointed when the Battle Packs dropped from 5 to 4 figures, but to have the audacity to call 3 figures a battle? Maybe a skirmish or a raid or a stand off, but a battle? Next seems sure to be figures of lesser articulation and quality (I seem to recall a discussion on making figures in the vintage, Kenner-esque, barely articulated vein). Those figures seem bound to come at a premium price. After the past couple of years, I guess the SW Yu-Gi-Oh (?) style card game is here to stay. I respect Hasbro trying to expand the market for figures, but I doubt a plastic die, cumbersome stands, and a few cards add so much cost. I know Hasbro will tout the cost of material (primarily petroleum based plastic, but oil prices are at roughly the same prices as they were in 2008 - hovering around $100 - cheaper in fact from their peak of that year at around $150 a barrel). When oil dipped to around $50 and stayed in that range for about a year, figure prices remained consistent. Yes, other costs are sure to be claimed, but I wonder how Hasbro sees its collector base. We absorb every price increase they send our way without much complaint. Does Hasbro feel we have no ceiling or will they just continue to grow the price until the collector base abandons them and moms/kids outgrow an increasingly expensive past time? Where will that leave the line then, as an overpriced (though I'm guilty of owning one from the beginning) subscription a la MOTUC and soon to be non-movie related GI Joe? Who knows? Anyway, rant over.

Finally saw the new TRU Phantom Menace display. I have to say, having walked away from all Hasbro collecting 3+ years ago, this new packaging is awesome and the figures are very impressive. It's hard to believe how crappy the TAC/Legends cards looked when you see the new Darth Maul designs.

At Toys R Us, I got 3 Ratts Tyrells, since the rest of the figures I ordered at TRU.com could not include him as they mistakenly didn't offer him.

I thought about improving the paint apps on my Queen figures I bought in my mail-order, but I've already opened one Padme from that blind order since I just couldn't wait to complete my diorama of Nute's capture / Palpatine's arrival on Naboo.

I also bough the Clone Trooper battle pack.

I wanted Cut-Up for my Kamino Training diorama, and I can use the Bomb Squad Guy as the commander of Cody's clones and otherwise occupy my Cody figures.

I will find something to do with Hardcase, no doubt.

So I got 6 useful figures (including the battlepack's 3) for $8 a piece with Toys R U's B2G1F sale.

Not bad. I'm DONE with figures for likely some while now, until the Wal-Mart exclusive figures come out - if they aren't some ridiculous price.

All I know I'm currently looking for from SW is the Mandalorian Transport vehicle - unless some of the min-rigs like the Y-wing style one is released in my vicinity.

For Transformers, I'm interested in any non-Cyberverse Soundwave DOTM figures, and Deluxe Leadfoot. Maybe Deluxe Que.

A friend is selling a large collection of Playmates Star Trek figures from the 5 3/4 all-plastic-carded collection of the '90s and I am making a large cherry-picked purchase from it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.