Page 928 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 4288288789189249259269279289299309319329389781028 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,280 of 10359
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I might get Zartan if he looks cool in person; he looks like he's based on the Renegades look (aside from the burn marks on his face).
    This Zartan has a nice aesthetic, but after seeing one up close with its limited articulation, it disappoints.

I wonder what will be 'rare' then for the Joes. The Cobra commander I saw had an all black suit, despite a blue suit pictured on the cardback. Will there be a variant?

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    I wonder what will be 'rare' then for the Joes. The Cobra commander I saw had an all black suit, despite a blue suit pictured on the cardback. Will there be a variant?
    At this point, I think the blue one is the variant.

Amazon has Evazan, Kithaba, Luke Hoth, ARC Trooper Commander, 501st Clone Trooper, Blu Ray Luke, Lando Blu Ray, Leia Blu Ray (it says "loose" but I dunno how that could be true), Mon Cal Pilot, Col. Craken, Maul, and Rebel Fleet Trooper available for $13 each or less and they ship from Amazon so orders over $25 are free and if you have Prime, they're even better.

I picked up Evazan, Kithaba, and Luke Hoth. Instead of using Prime, I will take the MP3 credits.

I look at it like this: the figures are $10 everywhere, $11 with tax, and gas is up to $4.22 a gallon.

Now I'm just looking for ANH Vader, Imperial Navy Commander, maybe Darth Malgus and Nom Anor, another Gamorrean, plus Transformers Prime Vehicon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks, JT! Filled some holes in my collection with that!
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Thanks JT!

I have the Evazan/Aayla/Nom Amor wave coming from HTS but still need that Mon Cal pilot so I got one of him along with a 501st trooper.

I just kinda figure I don't hunt for toys, and what I find in my normal shopping trips, I get. I only order figures who are unavailable in stores at this point. If I order regular retail figures, it will throw off that rhythm.

Sad to say, it's pretty much gotten that bad over the past couple of years. And, though I really do hate to harp on it, the one-two GIJoe suckerpunch of "the good stuff you've all asked for is only at one discount chain"/"we're recalling the movie toys and to hell with you if you didn't find them in the week leading up to the street date" has disillusioned me even more.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It's been so dry in my area lately that I don't have much choice but to resort to eBay, HTS, or Amazon for single figures. I picked up Hoth Luke and lightsaber construction Luke from Amazon over the weekend. I saw the deleted scene Lando, Leia, and Cracken figures at retail once - and not all during the same trip and all on damaged cards - so I know we're getting cases in but it's not worth the cost of gas or getting up at 4:00 am to make a daily trip to Walmart. On the bright side, I'm only buying the figures I truly want this way.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I just kinda figure I don't hunt for toys, and what I find in my normal shopping trips, I get. I only order figures who are unavailable in stores at this point. If I order regular retail figures, it will throw off that rhythm.

Sad to say, it's pretty much gotten that bad over the past couple of years. And, though I really do hate to harp on it, the one-two GIJoe suckerpunch of "the good stuff you've all asked for is only at one discount chain"/"we're recalling the movie toys and to hell with you if you didn't find them in the week leading up to the street date" has disillusioned me even more.
    So the Retaliation toys have been recalled?? Why has no one else mentioned this? hmph.

Good tip JT. If they had Aayla, i might go for her and 501st. Dunno

It came up in another thread. Essentially what they did was delay the movie less than a week before the toys came out, tell fans that what was shipped would be sold but there wouldn't be more, then tell stores (a day or so before release date) to ship everything back. Some stores are, some aren't. Like I said, it looks like I live in the one place on Earth where they stuck to the street date and demand to return everything. Except for one TRU, but, thanks to them being the only place who had anything at all and their BOGO sale, only has the incredibly bad motorcycles.

(Admittedly, those motorcycles are only bad at full price. Once Ross gets them for $5, I'll get a few.)

It also looks like they don't have the sense to make it up to retailers and fans by shipping stuff that they should know would sell through, like the HTF 2011 figures and re-released/repainted Cobras; they supposedly don't mind losing the shelf space.

Happy 50th birthday, GIJoe! It may be a couple of years off, but Hasbro's starting early to make sure it thoroughly blows.
    Tommy, close your eyes.