Page 933 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 4338338839239299309319329339349359369379439831033 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,330 of 10378
    Los Feliz Post Office, never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Crenshaw WM had a Logray and Rebel Fleet Trooper, I had the RFT in my hands but set him down when I saw the lines at 12:30pm were as long as they are at christmas. WTF? Why have 2 dozen registers if you're going to staff 4 of them, and you're going to staff them with the SLOWEST SLOTH-PEOPLE ON THE PLANET?!?

La Cienega Target, Culver City Target, and CC TRU had zip. Oh, actually, those last two had LEGO Lord of the Rings sets (they look ok, it's great to see them exist but they feel a bit... boring as sets) and CC Target had both GI Joe movie 3-packs, plus some of Chux's Thundercats clearance 4-packs.

-JT OUT!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2012/...sives.html?m=1

Just in case you guys were curious. Didn't know about the Helicarrier. It's cool, but I've got no place to put it and I don't collect Marvel anyway. Still... mini flying USS FLAGG!
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Thanks for the deets.

Man, I am so mad about the price of Zombie Cliffjumper and the Bruticus set. Cliff is a $13 mold for $25 only because it's hard to get because of them. Bruticus is $65 of figures for $100 simply because Hasbro chose to release the figures mainstream in HIDEOUS colors. I am having a lot of trouble reconciling the price of Bruticus, a set I was sure before that I would buy, as it is just SO much more than mainstream, and HTS charges tax at the show.

Not thrilled about Shockwave HISS tank, that looks like a $40 set at best and $60 is just beyond what I was willing to spend for it since I'm entirely divested of GI Joe these days.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Thanks for the deets.

Man, I am so mad about the price of Zombie Cliffjumper and the Bruticus set. Cliff is a $13 mold for $25 only because it's hard to get because of them. Bruticus is $65 of figures for $100 simply because Hasbro chose to release the figures mainstream in HIDEOUS colors. I am having a lot of trouble reconciling the price of Bruticus, a set I was sure before that I would buy, as it is just SO much more than mainstream, and HTS charges tax at the show.

Not thrilled about Shockwave HISS tank, that looks like a $40 set at best and $60 is just beyond what I was willing to spend for it since I'm entirely divested of GI Joe these days.
    I'm certainly not going to disagree that these figures are expensive, but I don't believe they are outside of what we should have expected based on previous con exclusives. $25 is what deluxe Prime was last year, and $100 is what they charged for Marvel Sentinel (wasn't it?) it's high, but par for the con. Most of what we're paying for on those two is the packaging and the unique deco's. The only reason the SW figures aren't more is because, aside from the packaging, they will get a retail release (minus carbonate Jar-Jar).

Does it suck that they are so high? Yes. Will I pay it? I will. Perhaps I shouldn't be so resigned, but I keep buying these 3rd party figures and foreign exclusives and this is all just more of the same to me.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Wow, thanx for postin that link Chad. Helicarrier is cool, but ya, I don't collect Marvel either & have no place to put it. I agree with JT on the exorbitant prices. Greedy f*&%$%n Hasbro. And they know people will pay it. The Joe/TF crossover HISS tank & destro are cool, but I'll pass. I wanted Bruticus pretty badly, but not for $100. I'll have to chance it & try to find the combaticons in stores. Crossin my fingers that won't be impossible later. Maybe we'll get lucky & there'll be some improvements.
    I'm going to focus on the MP TFs. Don't know if Prime or Thundercracker will come to sdcc, but I'm countin on all of you on SSG to grab those for me if I can't go! Lol. If I'm gonna drop a lot of $ on toys/collectibles, you can bet it'll be on the Masterpiece TFs. They are worth it imho. (Crap. I looked on EE site and it looks like they will not have any Transformers. BOOOO!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I'm certainly not going to disagree that these figures are expensive, but I don't believe they are outside of what we should have expected based on previous con exclusives. $25 is what deluxe Prime was last year, and $100 is what they charged for Marvel Sentinel (wasn't it?) it's high, but par for the con. Most of what we're paying for on those two is the packaging and the unique deco's. The only reason the SW figures aren't more is because, aside from the packaging, they will get a retail release (minus carbonate Jar-Jar).

Does it suck that they are so high? Yes. Will I pay it? I will. Perhaps I shouldn't be so resigned, but I keep buying these 3rd party figures and foreign exclusives and this is all just more of the same to me.
    Oh, I hear ya. Only problem is none of it's true. ;-) Sentinel was $60, TFP Optimus was a brand new mold at $20, Starscream with Cobra Commander was $50 and a higher price point base vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Oh, I hear ya. Only problem is none of it's true. ;-) Sentinel was $60, TFP Optimus was a brand new mold at $20, Starscream with Cobra Commander was $50 and a higher price point base vehicle.
    Really? Those a**holes!!!! 2012 has not been collector friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Really? Those a**holes!!!! 2012 has not been collector friendly.
    I agree, although watch the salty language please. Hasbro has done nothing but tear down this hobby in the last year and it really feels like an unfair monopoly that we can only choose between them and Mattel for major brand action figures since both are pulling massive screw ups on collectors.

After my last post, I thought about the star wars exclusive, and last year the figures were about the same price breakdown, but there were 2 bonus carded figures and a much bigger package layout. Also, most of the new figures in this year's set I realized I don't really want: I'm sandtroopered out, that Leia's dress looks bad and she is a dull figure, Jar Jar is Jar Jar, and I have plenty of clones; that leaves me Vader and the carbonite block and some cardboard packaging - is that really worth my $70?

Tvc 501st trooper stashed at K-mart. PM, text or call for details. Did it last night. Medium depth stash at best.

Where are the TRU exclusives for SDCC?

NM, i looked up the TRU exclusives and there were no TFs.

Stash claimed. Sorry Raymond, in this case, K-mart did NOT suck.