Page 939 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 439839889929935936937938939940941942943949989 ... LastLast
Results 9,381 to 9,390 of 10357
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I dunno how it is around LA proper, but I'm noticing more and more stores not restocking Vintage. I'm still thinking that, despite Hasbro's unwillingness to recognize it, most stockers see "Star Wars plastic men" and don't pay a bit of attention to the packaging.
    I saw two times where there were non-TPM Vintage figs on the pegs in the last, I don't know, four months or so here in the west IE. I've about given up on new stock.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I'm referring to stores actually selling out (which is remarkable--that whole TPM wave is a batch of pegwarmers, and it might not've been if it had actually been released with the movie in 3D), then replacing the figures with more Clone Wars or, uh, what's that other line called this week? Movie Heroes?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Felt restless at 830 tonight, so I went on a toy run. It was fruitful. Found and picked up three Marvel 2-packs: IM/Mandarin, Colossus/Juggernaut, and Hulk/Wolverine. There were more, as they were part of a go-back cart in the toy section minutes before closing. PM if you want to know where to be at opening tomorrow, when they should be back on the pegs. Found absolutely nothing SW related that was even remotely new today or yesterday. If it wasn't for Amazon and BBTS, I wouldn't know that the SW brand was still up and running.

vint

Chaddymac -- thanks for the heads up.

JT - PM sent.

I travelled to SEVEN TRUs today in search of the FF Dr. Doom comic pack. Not one sighting. I did, however, find a MM Catwoman, so that helped. I must find that Doom. At the various Targets I also visited, I couldn't the Thanos comic pack, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I travelled to SEVEN TRUs today in search of the FF Dr. Doom comic pack. Not one sighting. I did, however, find a MM Catwoman, so that helped. I must find that Doom. At the various Targets I also visited, I couldn't the Thanos comic pack, either.
    The few times that I've seen that Thanos pack have been at WM's.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    The few times that I've seen that Thanos pack have been at WM's.
    Thanks for the heads up. Have they been recent enough to warrant the thought that they are still stocking them?

qk

Quick report:

Pan. city wally had their excl. Avengers 6" Iron man and Capt. America. Their SW sucked and absolutely no transformers anywhere in the toy section. Maybe theyre doin a reset? Sh. oaks Target had the newer waves of TF prime deluxes, but no vehicons. For SW, they had a tvc Capt. Fordo & the usual glut of TPM, Aotc & other older waves clogging the pegs.

The Dark Knight Rises was magnificent. Highly recommended, esp. if you enjoyed the first 2 (Nolan) films!

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Have they been recent enough to warrant the thought that they are still stocking them?
    Yes, somewhat recent. Then again, there's probably been so much foot traffic from Marvel collectors searching for the Avengers 6" that the Thanos packs could have been bought up.

I didn't like TDKR as much as I expected to

I liked TDKR, but I wanted to like it more. I don't want to post spoilers, but I'll say that I felt disappointed in the Alfred/Bruce relationship and the reasoning behind Bruce's pre-movie decision. That's not how I've always understood Batman to be. This said, I was pleasantly surprised by Anne Hathaway. Very pleasantly.

More searching today: No Doom, no Thanos. They will be found. At Bell Gardens TRU, two cases of TDKR MM were brought out, both missing the Alfred. Not shocked. I'm sure he'll turn up. I think I want to build the Bat Signal, though I didn't at first. It might be a cool piece for my desk at school. I'm sure the kids will get some fun out of it.