Page 940 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 440840890930936937938939940941942943944950990 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,400 of 10363
    I stashed an FOC Shockwave at Glendale Target. PM me if you would like it

I totally agree with Maradona about Bruce's pre movie decision...I can think of a quote from Superman in JLU that describes the essence of Batman and why he normally would not make a decision like that. I agree about Miss Hathaway and "Cathaway" made a pretty good Catwoman.

I'm good now on saber construction Luke. Friend picked him up yesterday for me.

However, still lookin for: Starkiller, loose Malgus (esp.for $12 or < $), Imperial Guard and TOR trooper (whenever those come out), and CW phase 2 Wolffe. Thanks to JT -i'll have a shae vizla

Sorry for the delay in responding, my grandpa went into the hospital right after I posted my Just Found post, and it's been a full-time event ever since, finally easing up yesterday although still going to require a lot of my time for the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I dunno how it is around LA proper, but I'm noticing more and more stores not restocking Vintage. I'm still thinking that, despite Hasbro's unwillingness to recognize it, most stockers see "Star Wars plastic men" and don't pay a bit of attention to the packaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm referring to stores actually selling out (which is remarkable--that whole TPM wave is a batch of pegwarmers, and it might not've been if it had actually been released with the movie in 3D), then replacing the figures with more Clone Wars or, uh, what's that other line called this week? Movie Heroes?
    That's not what's going on here, most of the stores won't sell out of TVC because of the Ep 1 wave just not moving at all, and as long as there's SOME hasbro SW product on the shelves, dept managers are fine. Basically they know they difference but they need some level of "facing" to not show empty pegs for the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I stashed an FOC Shockwave at Glendale Target. PM me if you would like it
    Ugh, so tempting, but I have to pass for now, can't justify a drive that far for 1 figure when there's important stuff I have to stay on this side of town for.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post

However, still lookin for: Starkiller, loose Malgus (esp.for $12 or < $), Imperial Guard and TOR trooper (whenever those come out), and CW phase 2 Wolffe. Thanks to JT -i'll have a shae vizla
    Glad you got your Luke, and you're welcome on Shae. When my sched is a little more open, I'll meet up with ya to get it into your hands.

I totally forgot about the Imp Navy Commander, I guess I'm looking for him, but it's just been slipping my mind with so many other things being checked off. TRU on Tuesday didn't seem to have him though, so at least I don't feel like I missed a figure I could have had in my hand.

Malgus is a really interesting figure, chunky and mean and pretty cool. He's got a cape attached under his shoulder armor, and then separately a removable cloak with a wire U-shape at the collar and a hood that's been tailored to stay low on the head, it looks quite good.

Vader ANH is a much better figure than I had expected, although the helmet's "crown" is still too tall for me to see ANH in it, and it doesn't have a ball-jointed neck so it doesn't quite have the range of expression needed for that film's look, but the whole figure is sharper and better, even the cape and skirt are a tiny bit better - not as "chiffon", although they only really look good tight against the body, which at this scale they don't want to do (I think this will be the first figure I wet the soft goods down on). The hinge-swivel-jointed hips work pretty well too. Worth getting, although the package will squash the helmet flares in making it look bad until you get it out and let it reset overnight.

Starkiller is a very nice figure overall, and the only real drawback I can say he has is a lack of ball-hinged hips, which he REALLY needs because of how extreme the poses the character takes are. If this were a Sideshow figure, I'd decry the lack of red sabers and Force-push hands, but this is Hasbro so I'll just be happy that he at least has hands. Actually, they did something not so bad there, the character wears gloves in the TIE Pilot costume but you can see nude skin at the wrists, so on the figure they molded the hand in flesh color and just painted it black all the way, letting the inner edge carry that look. The figure is packed in the Flightsuit look, which has a removable thin backpack from the game, but the extra kit lets you remove the flightsuit belt and put on the character's look from the latter part of the game, the "hero's armor" which is an armored vest, snap-on armored gauntlets, and a new belt with molded kama skirt. Both belts have holes for the saber hilts, and not in the same places as each other which is a nice touch. The hero's armor look cheats since it's different boots and a different undersuit, but it really does work fine for this use. The only thing that doesn't hit a home run on the flightsuit is the flight harness hanging from the belt is light gray rather than the black it should be. The likeness on the figure is very good from most angles. The one thing that is a little rough is how high the hero's armor vest rides, but that's forgivable. This figure is a definite "buy".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's taken quite a while, but a couple of stores finally burned through the TPM Vintage wave. (That was from, what, December? I don't remember, but it's been a while.) Those are the ones who put out more Movie Heroes--and not the ones anyone wants.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Phantom Menace Vintage Wave in a nutshell:

TOO MANY:

Qui-Gon
    Obi-Wan
    Anakin (kid)
    Battle Droid (avaiable cheaper in other packaging for Army Building - and who stil hasn't anyway?)
    Quinlan Vos (this is the 4th figure of him - counting CW! He's cool but c'mon!)
    Naboo Guard (curiously - as you'd think he'd sell better)

The two leading Jedi figures have too many versions of them available at this time.**

SOLD:

Darth Maul
    Ben Quadrinaros
    Ratts Tyrell
    Daultay Dofine
    Queen Amidala (post Senate)

What I'd do is possibly only re-pack Darth Maul, and maybe Queen Amidala if any - ever!

These are the mostly essential primary characters that needed to come out though - except for maybe JarJar.

What Hasbro could have done is made the concurrent Greatest Hits / Legends (whatever they're called now) figures all OT while TPM was shipping:

Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, R2, C-3PO, Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Lando, perhaps even Wicket? Maybe the Snowtrooper, too?

Then when Vintage has OT figures, go back to the Legends PT offerings - but watch that they are different from even the CW figures shipping at the same time.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

In addition to these wants, I would like a deluxe FOC shockwave. (Chaddymac took mine )

In addition to these wants, I would like a deluxe FOC shockwave. (Chaddymac took mine )
    I did not take your Shocky, but the next one I find is yours. And he can sit rotting in a package next to PRID Wheeljack

I found 2 FOC Shockwaves today at Target.

I really wanted to buy one but I'm low on funds right now.

They also had a bunch of other new figures. Jazz looks good. There was a helicopter version of Arachnid I think. That was an interesting curiousity.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I did not take your Shocky, but the next one I find is yours. And he can sit rotting in a package next to PRID Wheeljack

Do you have cameras in my apt? I did not open it yet.. You got me. Well played.

thanks for keepin an eye out sir. I was probably late to bran's post anyway.

Sorry, bikerscout. The next FOC Shockwave I find can be yours