Page 945 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 445845895935941942943944945946947948949955995 ... LastLast
Results 9,441 to 9,450 of 10380
    I got theMTT at Wal-Mart!

I will not be sure I'll be able to afford it this month, so I am not opening it yet. It's a huge (lengthwise) box and looks great. It's heavy too, so I think there's a toy inside the box.

It was $128 at Wal-Mart. Having it sealed for the moment is also a good idea in case there's a sale or price drop.

I found it once before, late last week. They had 2 on the shelf at the time. I think I bought the same exact one I saw last week.

While I love this vehicle - and that the bad guys get a huge vehicle (there's only really the BAT-AT and if you count Slave-One's new larger mold *COUGH we need a sailbarge COUGH* - I wonder if sales will be poor? This is a TPM vehicle and that movie has proven to be the worst-seller. But the inclusion of 20 Battle Droids might be an attraction. [Obi-Wan should have his Jedi robe for that scene but it doesn't look like he comes with it.]

Anyway, I hope I can hold on to it. I have to take my cat to the vet's. Pay my own medical bills. I've got a Civil War battle in Huntington Beach I'm in. Baseball fees for my team's field use and the umpire's dues. And I've got a gunfighter competition with food, ammo, and entry fees out in the inland desert this month. Plus I have to run the air conditioning 'cause it's hot! Oh, and I always have continuing expenses as I get started with my business as a writer, plus my Masters Degree program will be starting up again here shortly.

I also got the Ewoks 5-pack at Toys R Us. I'll be able to keep them for sure. They were $40 - but that works out to $8 a figure and they include extra hoods and weapons. I turned down the Rebel Pilot pack. I'm not trying to collect all the pilots of Red and Gold Squadron. [Of course I want A LOT of Rogue Squadron, from the comics, too - but that's a different story and more Exp. Univ. figures for the most part.]

Anyway, K-Mart is across the street from my place and I could walk there. I'll have to check on their Ewoks. I've no plans to buy the AT-ST crew however. Don't need them.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    This is a TPM vehicle and that movie has proven to be the worst-seller.
    Are you sure that's correct? There was definitely the most unsold stock of TPM merchandise around 2000, but a lot more was made. I can't imagine AOTC outsells it; not based on my opinion, but there's simply not as much stuff in that movie that cries out for action figures. I'd be fine with the AOTC offerings we have, with maybe a new figure or two. But there are loads of TPM stuff I'd love to have.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

TRU Culver City had Jar Jar TVC regular card this morning, I bought. Also had 3x MP Thundercracker, I bought 1. Thanks to Bikerscout for the inspiration.

AOTC never got a chance to outsell it, they didn't make anywhere near as much product for it. But I think Tycho is right on that claim, TPM not only sold HORRIBLY this year, but also struggled back when it came out to the point where it nearly bankrupted Hasbro. TPM has a broader number of things to make, and it appears most people do not want to buy the things from that film, so it's still the worst seller.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Picked up an extra Ewok pack today at Burbank TRU. They had several pilot packs. Since it's sold out online, I thought there might be someone here who would want the Ewok pack. If not, I'll just take it back to the store this weekend.

Also picked up Thundercracker from a friend. I love the deco and the tolerances are better for transformation with this Hasbro version than the Takara Starscream.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I think most vehicles from AOTC have been made.

One of the earliest Star Destroyers could make an awesome large vehicle (out of scale of course).

There's the Techno Union giant rocket-like looking ships.

Dooku's solar sailor would be the best option.

TPM has a ton of stuff that I would personally buy, like the Gungan Bongo Submarine, and the Radiant VII. I think these will either be 1) Never Made, 2) Made Much Later (when fans get bored with other options and those raised on the PT are the majority left in the hobby - i.e. kids that liked JarJar because they were 5 when they first saw him), or 3) they are made very toyetic, like we discussed all the assault cannons (from CW) put on the Radiant VII - but hopefully removeable for those that want authenticity. I suppose you could even make (REMOVEABLE) stuff like water-bursts and a harpoon that the Gungan Sub could shoot.

Hasbro answered "never" to the Niemodian shuttle - seen in all 3 PT movies and featured fighting (as piloted by Anakin and Obi-Wan) in Clone Wars.

If they made that, I'd pack in the CW animated style Nute Gunray, and maybe the re-release of animated Luminara and Ahsoka, or the Republc Senate Commando.

With realistic figures? Grievous and his body guards I guess. (maybe Tey How packed in for no apparent movie reason, other than a chase piece to improve sales. Then put Tey How in a battle pack later. Maybe no carded option - unfortunately).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Chaddy, please feel free to detail what you mean about the tolerances between MP-11 and this TC, in the TF thread or here, which ever.

Tycho, they could try making an Acclamator-class assault ship, of all the Star Destroyer movie variants it's the smallest, the fattest in the main body, and the only one with direct external character interaction when the clones were marching into them at the end of the flick. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Accla...s_assault_ship
    Still, it's a relatively boring visual design and doesn't do anything in the film but lift off.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's places like in the connector to the nosecone piece and the sliding tail fins from leg to jet mode are much smoother. The Japanese version was so tight I was constantly afraid Starscream would break.

Also, pulling Skywarp out of storage and comparing the figures, there are a LOT of remolded parts, even more than I initially suspected.

Just checking one last time - I'm returning the Ewoks on Saturday. Does anybody want them?

Special thanks to darkagent for the heads up Tuesday. Snagged a MP TC at tru!! I'll have to duck Chaddymac's tomatoes, but I still haven't opened MP Rodimus yet!! Gotta open him and LC Ironhide. I moved and packed them away, gotta find em.

While I'm on here --does anybody have these BAD parts?:

YVH-1 head and gun
    HK-50 head
    Darktrooper legs, arms, or head

Accessories: Pre Vizsla jetpack, darksaber and 1 pistol.

PM, call or text. I will trade and/or buy with my droid parts on hand. Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    It's places like in the connector to the nosecone piece and the sliding tail fins from leg to jet mode are much smoother. The Japanese version was so tight I was constantly afraid Starscream would break.

Also, pulling Skywarp out of storage and comparing the figures, there are a LOT of remolded parts, even more than I initially suspected.
    Interesting on the parts, glad to hear ours is better.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the only original parts on this mold are the torso halves, "spine" torso plate, and jet nose elements. Arms are different, legs are different, head is different, parts of the torso are different.