Page 946 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 446846896936942943944945946947948949950956996 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,460 of 10286
    Torso halves are different too. Vastly different mold, actually.

tc

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    So chad, you're saying all in all -this mold MP TC is easier to transform? Much easier? I'm still happy with the old mold, even though its kind of a pain in the arse to transform the seekers

I bought the gray MP version of Starscream from Japan. I wanted realistically colored jets.

I also got the American version of Skywarp (real jets are also black).

I'm not getting Thundercracker. The only blue jets I know of are the Blue Angels, and they're F-18's. Hasbro should make some. Maybe not as the Angels being Decepticons - but just some F-18's as Decepticons.

Anyway, I think the mold my planes are seem very fragile and I transformed them once - Starscream to robot and Skywarp to fighter jet, and then just leave them in those modes so I can look at them and appreciate them in their place on my shelf.

Fearing breaking them, I stick with my motto: "They're Transformers. They're not supposed to be transformed." :P

It would be nice to hear if the new Thundercracker mold is sturdier, even if I don't plan to get any more jets (unless they make a different kind of jet for the MP line - like F-18's).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    So chad, you're saying all in all -this mold MP TC is easier to transform? Much easier? I'm still happy with the old mold, even though its kind of a pain in the arse to transform the seekers
    I think you'll stop being happy with the old mold when you get around to opening Thundercracker. It's such a sharp improvement, it'll make you dizzy. I don't know if it's easier to transform, but it's cleaner and looks better in both molds. But beyond that, the US release of the MP mold is a better toy because the transformation joints are less stiff, so there's less strain on the parts during transformation. TC was totally worth the money, and now it makes me long for Skywarp using the new design.

My name is ChaddyMac, and I'm a PlasticCrack-aholic.

Hey! I found (and actually bought) SW action figures in the Inland Empire! That should trend on Twitter any second now. TRU has a BOGOHO deal until Labor Day. I found the Ewok pack (only one there) and the E1 JarJar, which may've well been a femine hygeine product. They couldn't get a scan for it, so the cashier asked for a price check (it happens sometimes). However, her request was heard over the store's PA system, so here's basically what all the customers heard:

"I need an item check. It's a Jar Jar Binks 6" [?!? ] action figure."
    "Doesn't it have a bar code?"
    "Yes, but it says no data found."
    "Did you try typing in the numbers?"
    "Yes, and it still said no data."
    "What package is it? There's different kinds."
    "It just says Star Wars, and Jar Jar."
    "Does it say Phantom Menace? There's different kinds, like Clone Wars, Phantom Menace."
    "No, just Star Wars."
    [by now, the "expert/manager" has arrived in person, off the radio]

Manager Guy: "Hmm. That one's different."
    Me: "Yeah. I hadn't seen too many of these before. I've seen the Phantom Menace ones."
    Manager Guy: "These are the ones they give out at Lucasfilm premieres. [speaking to the cashier, and holding a Vintage figure] Just scan this one."
    Rest of line [by now, there were about 4 purchasers] of customers' thoughts: "Ugh. Stupid toy collectors..."
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Yeah, I see that now. They kept like the hands & wrists, the nose, the cockpit stuff, the spine section of the torso, the airbrake plate, and I think maybe the jet nozzles and shoulder plates and rocket-manboobs. It's a really odd collection of parts they saved. Those torso halves make using the stand in vehicle mode a real pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    I'll say it's easier to transform, getting rid of the side fueltanks made this so much easier, there's less to worry about aligning and locking down all at once. The only real challenge is getting the wing tabs in place at the right time. I had to transform Starscream twice yesterday while taking photos of the duo, there was no doubt that Starscream took longer than TC and was frustrating in several areas that TC wasn't.

BTW, here's my photos: http://www.tfviews.com/news/toysandcollectibles/1573

I think you'll stop being happy with the old mold when you get around to opening Thundercracker. It's such a sharp improvement, it'll make you dizzy. I don't know if it's easier to transform, but it's cleaner and looks better in both molds. But beyond that, the US release of the MP mold is a better toy because the transformation joints are less stiff, so there's less strain on the parts during transformation. TC was totally worth the money, and now it makes me long for Skywarp using the new design.

My name is ChaddyMac, and I'm a PlasticCrack-aholic.
    There are only 2 areas I think Starscream v1 outshines Thundercracker:
    1) deco, the plastic looks less toyetic and the paint is better thought out on Starscream.
    2) the fit & finish is better on SS, especially the undercarriage lines which are sleeker and more rounded on Starscream.
    Everything else comes off way better on TC, and that face on SS really is a burden now compared to TC's much more accurate head design.

I've seen your place though, you ARE a plasticaholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Hey! I found (and actually bought) SW action figures in the Inland Empire! That should trend on Twitter any second now. TRU has a BOGOHO deal until Labor Day. I found the Ewok pack (only one there) and the E1 JarJar, which may've well been a femine hygeine product. They couldn't get a scan for it, so the cashier asked for a price check (it happens sometimes). However, her request was heard over the store's PA system, so here's basically what all the customers heard:

"I need an item check. It's a Jar Jar Binks 6" [?!? ] action figure."
    "Doesn't it have a bar code?"
    "Yes, but it says no data found."
    "Did you try typing in the numbers?"
    "Yes, and it still said no data."
    "What package is it? There's different kinds."
    "It just says Star Wars, and Jar Jar."
    "Does it say Phantom Menace? There's different kinds, like Clone Wars, Phantom Menace."
    "No, just Star Wars."
    [by now, the "expert/manager" has arrived in person, off the radio]

Manager Guy: "Hmm. That one's different."
    Me: "Yeah. I hadn't seen too many of these before. I've seen the Phantom Menace ones."
    Manager Guy: "These are the ones they give out at Lucasfilm premieres. [speaking to the cashier, and holding a Vintage figure] Just scan this one."
    Rest of line [by now, there were about 4 purchasers] of customers' thoughts: "Ugh. Stupid toy collectors..."
    Heh heh, that suuuuucks. Weird too, I bought TVC Jar Jar (normal card) at TRU a few days ago with no issues. Buying Jar Jar figures is like buying 'roid creme.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

MP Thundercracker is not cracking anytime I come near a TRU it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    MP Thundercracker is not cracking anytime I come near a TRU it seems...
    When I see more, you and Bran are at the top of my list.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    When I see more, you and Bran are at the top of my list.
    Much obliged, JT. Now that school has started, I'm only able to check at night and on weekends, which I did each day this weekend at opening. Result = futility.

Sure thing Maradona.

Ok, so Raiders of the Lost Ark in IMAX is opening this Friday and running just 1 week. Let's try to work out who definitely wants to try to come and what works for their schedule. My schedule is fluid. I know Bikerscout wants to go but can only make it next Tuesday, Wednesday, and maybe early Thursday at best.

Let us make this happen!