Page 947 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 447847897937943944945946947948949950951957997 ... LastLast
Results 9,461 to 9,470 of 10429
    I found a deer in my IHOP.

This is not a joke. It's been making a quick national news anecdote.

Walking distance down the street from me, there's an IHOP - right by the Islands Burgers where a friend or two from this website have eaten with me when you've visited San Diego.

A deer (like Bambi or Rudolph) crashed through the window of the restaurant and raided the kitchen. Then the manager opened the emergency exit door and the deer bolted out of the restaurant.

There are berries and nuts available on their pankakes. There was no doubt this is why the Bambi Bandit hit the place.

San Diego police are now looking for a brown person with white spots, walking on all fours, with a cotton tail, black nose, and big ears.

I am waiting for the ACLU to file charges over the racial profiling of the suspect in this crime.

Charges include breaking-and-entering, exhibitionism or appearing in public without clothing on, destruction of private property, theft of food products, and pointing sharp weapons that could be used to injure the other customers. The deer did not pay for it's meal and in fact didn't even give a crap.

But that's what I found in my IHOP. I think you can probably YouTube the video. I didn't shoot it. I wasn't armed at the time.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I found a deer in my IHOP.

This is not a joke. It's been making a quick national news anecdote.

Walking distance down the street from me, there's an IHOP - right by the Islands Burgers where a friend or two from this website have eaten with me when you've visited San Diego.

A deer (like Bambi or Rudolph) crashed through the window of the restaurant and raided the kitchen. Then the manager opened the emergency exit door and the deer bolted out of the restaurant.

There are berries and nuts available on their pankakes. There was no doubt this is why the Bambi Bandit hit the place.

San Diego police are now looking for a brown person with white spots, walking on all fours, with a cotton tail, black nose, and big ears.

I am waiting for the ACLU to file charges over the racial profiling of the suspect in this crime.

Charges include breaking-and-entering, exhibitionism or appearing in public without clothing on, destruction of private property, theft of food products, and pointing sharp weapons that could be used to injure the other customers. The deer did not pay for it's meal and in fact didn't even give a crap.

But that's what I found in my IHOP. I think you can probably YouTube the video. I didn't shoot it. I wasn't armed at the time.
    I've been to that IHOP and that Islands. A friend's brother lived across the street from there for years and we'd stay there when we'd go to SDCC. Each morning, before hopping on the tram, we'd eat breakfast there. Luckily, there were no fauna related incidents.

Tycho -- could not find a youtube video. Pls send us a link - u know the specifics -thx

Maradona -- special shout out for hooking me up with a TRU BOGO 75% off SW coupon that was only valid on 9/6. I started late yesterday evening, but with this coupon, I called around TRUs for the speeder bike sets and found some in the outer rim (that were supposed to placed on hold for me but weren't). I picked up 2 sets for <$30 w/tax. (One for $22 and the other for 5.50!) The extra set will be yours for the nice price of $15 kind sir.

On Wed I saw the MTT at Pan city wally, and the endor At-sts at noho Kmart. That pan city wally has a million 6" iron mans btw. A little weird.

Yesterday I saw the quinjet and multiple TF FOC shockies at a wally. Pm or text for details.

That's all i can remember for right now. I've been up for about 24 hrs. now. (Yikes! Had fun though, watchin movies w/friends and hunting)

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Maradona -- special shout out for hooking me up with a TRU BOGO 75% off SW coupon that was only valid on 9/6. I started late yesterday evening, but with this coupon, I called around TRUs for the speeder bike sets and found some in the outer rim (that were supposed to placed on hold for me but weren't). I picked up 2 sets for <$30 w/tax. (One for $22 and the other for 5.50!) The extra set will be yours for the nice price of $15 kind sir.
    Glad to help and thank you for the reciprocal hook-up. I got lucky just finding out about the coupon and even luckier finding an Ewok and a Rebel Pilot set at a notoriously employee/scalper store. $39.99 for the first set, $10 for the second, plus a $5 TRU rewards coupon. The guy at the check out stand seemed shocked that those sets (there were just a solitary pair on the shelves) were even out and that I was getting them for such a discount. After tax, I paid just over $48, reminding of the not too distant past when battle packs came with five figures and sold for around $20 each. Time, time, time...

war report

Ok, hopefully all of you weren't too annoyed by my texts - i don't have a smartphone -sorry. Here is a summary of this am.

port. ranch wally: TF: a few FoC shockies, nothing good for SW. Don't recall seeing an MTT either.

PR tru: No bike sets. Did have all the tvc lost wave, both variant cards. I picked up the Leias. I stashed Vader and Jar jar (tvc card), for someone here, but it turns out they can't make it to the store so i guess they're up for grabs. PM, text or call for details. (I work nights, so sorry if u can't reach me right away)

Kmart on Corbin was gone with apt/condo development where it used to stand. Wow, so fast. Nothing to report -.

Target on nordhoff - nothing good.

btw, great score Raph !!
    Last edited by bikerscout; 09-08-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: nites

Yesterday, La Cienega TRU had a TVC variant-lost-line Jar Jar on bent card, I stashed, PM for location.

Today, Culver TRU - jack.

Could use a buy or stash on 1 or even 2 Speederbikes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Culver TRU this morning had the entire Lost Line wave in both looks, but the lost look wasn't ringing up, so I bought Vader and Sandtrooper on regular cards. No Speederbikes, which was the real reason I went there, I really want that one. And no Thundercracker Masterpiece, surprisingly.

So, we're looking to go to Raiders in IMAX some time in the next 2 days, who is with us???

Anybody else notice that we've passed A MILLION VIEWS in this thread? How crazy is that? Top 10 posters who made that possible:

Jango Speck
    bikerscout
    figrin bran
    me
    Tycho
    BlueSnags
    Commtech
    Turbowars
    darkagent
    and CrunchyNug!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow that's awesome JT! Thanks for the props.

Raiders. IMAX. Burbank AMC. Wed. 7:20 show. Be there or be square.

Chad --dude, just leave work and tell them what you're doin. I'm sure they'll understand. No problem!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

Anybody else notice that we've passed A MILLION VIEWS in this thread? How crazy is that? Top 10 posters who made that possible:

Jango Speck
    bikerscout
    figrin bran
    me
    Tycho
    BlueSnags
    Commtech
    Turbowars
    darkagent
    and CrunchyNug!
    Go Team SSG!

That's impressive....MOST impressive. Makes me wish I was still collecting Hasbro....almost. Seriously, the CW line would kill my budget, at least I can enjoy watching the show.

I just picked up a set of those amazing Star Wars spaghetti western posters.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

Jango Speck
    bikerscout
    figrin bran
    me
    Tycho
    BlueSnags
    Commtech
    Turbowars
    darkagent
    and CrunchyNug!