Page 950 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 4508509009409469479489499509519529539549601000 ... LastLast
Results 9,491 to 9,500 of 10416
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Ooh! Add me to your TF distro!
    Aw geez, sorry about that Chaddy. Done.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

And like that, the Vehicon is presold-out.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Anybody go to Comikaze last weekend? Just wondering if there was any improvement from the first year. From just looking at the floor plan, it looked like it was actually in the bigger halls this year.

No sign of the Kmart 2 packs at Fairfax/3rd Kmart. They do have the scout walkers though.

Figrin, they seemed to get 1 case in at a time at my store.

There were 3 of each type (AT-ST drivers, and Ewoks).

As I bought 2 Ewoks leaving only 1 without much difficulty, I'd assume that 1 collector could buy the entire case to share with their friends or even keep for themselves - as I'm switching the hoods to make 4 Ewoks out of 2 for a diorama.

I'd find out when they get their truck and what time their "toy guy" stocks. Rebelscum had the UPC number posted in a story on their site too. I used that to ask an employee to check the shipment manifest for me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

JT -- i was only poking fun when I mentioned myself asking about bikes in the Q&As. I knew you had pressed them on it, just not how much -as u posted.

To Everyone: A sincere thanks to all of those who helped me find my wants this year. Really appreciate it! When you build good collecting 'karma,' if there is such a thing, its always nice to be rewarded. United we can defeat the scalpers!! U guys rock!!!

So, yesterday was a hunt for the Speeder Bike set, and it was a failure in that regard - I even went down to Seal Beach just on the hope that their stock number was right and their employee was wrong, and then I went to Seal Beach TRU even. (Stupid GPS took me to the center of Seal Beach the city, 5 winding miles west of the 405 instead of that TRU that's right off the freeway). A very helpful employee at La Cienega gave me the area stock numbers for every Western States TRU on their warehouse, only a few phantom pieces are showing anywhere (either stock mistakes or stolen or employees hording) and NONE are expected to replenish anytime soon. That news left me seriously dejected, however today Culver another very helpful employee looked it up and said that their warehouse has 1,000 units on backorder waiting to be filled, so there's some hope.

Anyway, sightings:
    Seal Beach TRU - a dozen or so Ewok sets. TVC Lost Wave minus Vader and lost cards.

Culver TRU - nothing SW. Transformers Chinese Market exclusives basics - Laserbeak & Sandstorm; Deluxes - Cliffjumper & Swerve. I bought all but Sandstorm, but may not keep the deluxes.

La Cienega TRU - jack squat.

Culver Target - nothing of note. Did have Avengers blu ray exclusive 3-disc for $20, only about 8 left on shelves but showed more cases in back on price scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    JT -- i was only poking fun when I mentioned myself asking about bikes in the Q&As. I knew you had pressed them on it, just not how much -as u posted.
    No prob. Funny timing since I had just texted you about that right as this went up while I was out getting Avengers Blu Ray on your advice.

Also, I decided to use the $75 Sideshow gift card since there's no figures I can get with it that I want anyway coming soon, so I figured why hold onto it when it's not going to get better later and then it'll expire? I got the $50 Star Wars Year by Year coffee table book, and 5 of the new Sideshow stands (originally my plan was 15 of those stands before I saw the book ). The book is cool, I haven't dug in much but it's big and colorful. The best thing is that the stands work on the Battle Droids, that was the only thing that fell in the recent earthquake, so now it will be less likely to repeat that trouble - it'd work under the crotch like on any regular figure, but these are tall enough to hold under the torso gaps which is a better anchor point I think. Shipping for all that turned out to be $9, a lot lower than their system showing an estimate of $61.44!!!

I'm not sure if she's as HTF as the Marvel version, but I found the Avengers Black Widow figure at the Redlands Target this morning, on a display behind the Avengers DVDs and blu-rays. I'm thinking she'll fit in pretty well with my Joes. Might be worth checking other stores.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm not sure if she's as HTF as the Marvel version, but I found the Avengers Black Widow figure at the Redlands Target this morning, on a display behind the Avengers DVDs and blu-rays. I'm thinking she'll fit in pretty well with my Joes. Might be worth checking other stores.
    Didn't see her yesterday, but saw Nick Fury and Hawkeye at a local walmart. A crapton of Ironman 6" wally excl. figs as well.

On tuesday I picked up the Avengers 4 disc 3D bluray combo pack at target for $19.99. It came with a bonus bluray disc too. So that's 5 discs for 20 bux. My store only had 12 of these packs & they sold out in 20 some odd minutes. Pound for pound the best Avengers deal imo. The only stores' exclusives were on the lame side. Costco -collector's cards, Walmart -mini comic, Bestbuy - metal case (not lame at all, but had to be pre-ordered early this month) and Bestbuy has a cased version with a book & lithographs for $70. I forgot to look for it yesterday when I picked up........ Batman: The Dark Knight Returns blu for 14.99. I hope its good. A small clip i saw looked nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Culver TRU this morning had the entire Lost Line wave in both looks, but the lost look wasn't ringing up, so I bought Vader and Sandtrooper on regular cards. No Speederbikes, which was the real reason I went there, I really want that one. And no Thundercracker Masterpiece, surprisingly.

So, we're looking to go to Raiders in IMAX some time in the next 2 days, who is with us???

Anybody else notice that we've passed A MILLION VIEWS in this thread? How crazy is that? Top 10 posters who made that possible:

Jango Speck
    bikerscout
    figrin bran
    me
    Tycho
    BlueSnags
    Commtech
    Turbowars
    darkagent
    and CrunchyNug!
    Was just checking in and saw this. Pretty sweet.

-Good Old Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]