Page 954 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 4548549049449509519529539549559569579589641004 ... LastLast
Results 9,531 to 9,540 of 10343
    TRU.com has had a bad track record for... ever, really. Ever since they won that lawsuit severing their relationship with Amazon about 11 years ago, they've really been inconsistent running their own site. I've never dealt with their customer service folks though.

I'm thinking that at $100 with a large box, these aren't going to move all that fast, but it also might mean they might not get stocked in as many stores.

In other MP news, some photos have been posted of MP Sideswipe and NO THANK YOU! http://tformers.com/transformers-mp-...8732/news.html What the HELL is with that tiny height on this insane pricetag?!? It's shorter than a $20 Alternators figure! And no working scissor-wing doors, plus kibble at the tail? Seriously Takara?!? Other pics show a hollow leg design as well as color mismatched panels: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...12-lambor.html
    Very frustrating.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read that rumor too. Extremely disappointed. It's gonna be a b*&%& and a half to find these.

Chaddy - any extra wheelies??
    Naw, mine was the only one I got away with.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    TRU.com has had a bad track record for... ever, really. Ever since they won that lawsuit severing their relationship with Amazon about 11 years ago, they've really been inconsistent running their own site. I've never dealt with their customer service folks though.
    Their FB page is essentially a laundry list of people complaining about their customer service for website issues. And their representative telling people to call the 1-800 number they're griping about calling five or six times without results.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    In other MP news, some photos have been posted of MP Sideswipe and NO THANK YOU! http://tformers.com/transformers-mp-...8732/news.html What the HELL is with that tiny height on this insane pricetag?!? It's shorter than a $20 Alternators figure! And no working scissor-wing doors, plus kibble at the tail? Seriously Takara?!? Other pics show a hollow leg design as well as color mismatched panels: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...12-lambor.html
    Very frustrating.
    I still want him, but Soundwave and his minions is without question the primary objects of my affection.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

While I'm not hunting down MP Thundercracker, I couldn't help but wonder:

Why don't you guys with STILL-ACTIVE pre-orders for the jet just go hunting it down in the store anyway?

Save your receipt for immediate return if your finances make that necessary, but offer it to the other guys on the site who might not get so lucky and live right in your area within a 30 minute drive?

At worst, you'll end up without one. At best, you'll have two and be able to help someone else out. At LEAST, you'll have one if you find it in the store.

And finally, at least you guys have toys to hunt down. I'm not sure I do:

Star Trek: nothing (but I must remember to pre-order that Horta "Devil in the Dark" diorama).

Terminator: nothing that I know of.

Transformers: when I can afford it, I have some DOTM stuff that's VHTF which I can concentrate upon.

Star Wars: I don't think you can get the Mandalorian Transport vehicle at all, right? Even from overseas? There's very little I need but I'd go wild over the Sailbarge or somewhat obscure characters if only Hasbro made them - like Tvvvzztt and Nyrat Agira. I wish SideShow would offer other certain figures (which are much more mainstream like Leia Endor Poncho) and a Weequay from my wishlist.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    While I'm not hunting down MP Thundercracker, I couldn't help but wonder:

Why don't you guys with STILL-ACTIVE pre-orders for the jet just go hunting it down in the store anyway?

Save your receipt for immediate return if your finances make that necessary, but offer it to the other guys on the site who might not get so lucky and live right in your area within a 30 minute drive?

At worst, you'll end up without one. At best, you'll have two and be able to help someone else out. At LEAST, you'll have one if you find it in the store.

Because gas and time are precious commodities. And unless, it's for someone I know or something I'm selling or trading that will have fb, I don't always feel like boxing up larger items, taking them to the post office, paying shipping & then waiting to be paid back. Real pain sometimes.

Heck, I want mp prime, but I don't feel like going to 2-3 different TRUs everyday for a month just to find him. (Especially due to the fact that TRU reneged/(may renege) very badly on their pre-ordering customers!!!) They're gonna do a HTS.com on us ---reminds me of the debacle of TLC wave 4 (Grievous, Cmdr Faie, FX-6) Years ago, I pre-ordered this wave on HTS and they canceled the pre-order a week or 2 later, and raised the price. Talk about frustration. Geoffrey needs to stop watchin moves from the Hasbro playbook!!! (aka raising the price on MP TC!!!)

Marvel collectors: text or PM me, I learned last nite about somethin u might wanna go for, but don't want to mention it here.
    Last edited by bikerscout; 10-26-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: ugh

I know what you mean about gasoline prices, Bikerscout. I actually don't mind these being the days that we don't go hunting all across town any more. Can you believe we once did that?

In college, sometimes I'd get out of a midterm and want to just blow off the rest of the day. I might choose to drive to like half a dozen Wal-Marts and Targets in my area, plus about 4 Toys R Us.

Then I got smart and always asked when their next truck would come in and when they expected to unload it. Those were the times I made the trips even when gas was cheap.

I agree. Your hours spent looking for stuff costs you time.

Hard to believe only 1 third of my lifetime ago, I used to spend the night camped outside of toy stores for Midnight Madness. Remember those days? We really enjoyed the height of the hobby. Even back in vintage days we couldn't connect with whole lines of other collectors (to make friends and enemies out of, LOL - let alone tangle with scalpers or have comic - hobby shop stores to hang out in).

Think it will ever return to being like that? There are new generations of fans still to come up. Maybe one day, the "Star Wars Holodeck Experience" will be the new rage and there will be some kind of line-up for toys again? Us Gen-1'ers will be in the line and the kids asking if we're there to get Anakin or Grand Moff Tarkin. I'll proudly say I'm finally going to get Nyrat Agira and a Rannat and they'll have to tap their cybernetic information implant to retrieve the data on who those people were! (I won't be needing an Anakin or Tarkin figure, I'm pretty sure - but I won't spoil their fun).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Stashed a TFP Vehicon at Glendale Target (last night's "Regeneration" episode was really awesome btw). PM me if you would like it though I should warn it's really expensive at $18.99!!!

Thanks to TRU's sale, I got a Vintage Sandtrooper and Shocktrooper for 9.99 combined

scout's honor

Mostly Tru report: Saw the vint box BMF at both Van nuys and porter ranch (2 there). They are on the floor in the SW aisle, can't miss em, they're beasts. 249.99 each I think. Saw the Tf prime first edition figures at Woodland hills yesterday and Porter today. Porter had chinese tfs too. All 3 of these trus had MP TC as well. No prime. (APB!! )

I recently acquired a 3.75" black widow. Don't need her, got it in case u guys needed it. Came to $11 w/tax. PM, text or call if you're interested.

Oh ya, port ranch wally had Cw ph. 2 Rex multiples. Training droid too. Didn't see the others in the wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I still want him, but Soundwave and his minions is without question the primary objects of my affection.
    I am hoping they are able to release that piece here. The overseas price is way too rich for my blood, but they do look cool.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.