Page 958 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 4588589089489549559569579589599609619629681008 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,580 of 10424
    Free shipping at HTS today. They had Dr. Cornelius "Roofoo" Evazan in stock, as well as a few others. I ordered him, needless to say. What's sort of pathetic is that I can't remember which, if any, skiff guards I've picked up this year, and I'm not home to check, so I just passed on them. They're all updates, anyway, and of figures who were decent enough, if not spectacular. The pricing has really gotten to the point where I could afford all the resculpts, but my common sense starts screaming at me now that they're at double digits, and it's not fun to have an argument in your head, especially when the commotion wakes up the Duchess and she starts hitting the other personalities with a shoe.

In all seriousness, though, I hit some stores last night and batted 1000 on the stuff I was looking for (mostly stuff for the kiddos that was heavily discounted, but not exactly high demand). Only the Dark Knight Rises soundtrack (which was unplanned, and I was surprised that Target even carries, much less marked down) and Walking Dead Season 1 probably interest anyone here, though. And, thanks to Amazon's sales, I got the complete series of Firefly (which I can finally watch) and Get a Life (which was easily one of the funniest shows ever, and was probably the best live-action "absurd" comedy before Arrested Development came along).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Got the Mando-kin Transport 2-pack at TRU tonight. Opened her. Review in the CW toy section in a thread started there.

Also got a Japanese scout-class Dead End in ROTF style packaging, that says "Universe."

Saw Brawl and a armed dune-buggy repaint, too. Brawl is a repaint of the armored transport that fits on Voy Seaspray.

There were usually 4 new figures in each scout class case, IIRC.

Who else ships with the scout Dead End?

These cars are perfect to make Deluxe Ratchet-Hide-D-con Dread SUVs look like Voyagers (as they should have been - for what-ever-the-Deluxe-Dread's name was from DOTM. (Crankcase? or was that the car?)

Anyway, I'd be interested in Scout Class size cars that resemble MOVIE Sideswipe, Bumblebee, Wreckers, Soundwave (Mercedes), Barricade, Wheeljack (Que), Mirage (Dino), etc. Does anyone else know about this?

Meanwhile, 3 MP Thundercrackers have been sitting there for 2 days or more - or they got a new shipment of them.

After I bought my toys I bought a Memphis BBQ burger at Carl's Jr and it was really good!

I'm really happy with my Mando-Trans too, but I didn't eat that. (the toy review is in the CW post forum).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Another WalMart in the east 210 area? How many do they need out there? Well, Burbank will have one next to a Target soon, so that must be the new trend. Cheap big box next to another- keeping it classy SoCal.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    On the way home from my grandparents' home last night, I stopped by the new Walmart in Covina, which was surprisingly built right next to a Target. I was reluctant to go Black Friday shopping, but gave it a shot.

Went down to Santa Ana yesterday to check out the Indiana Jones archaeology exhibit at the Discovery Center. Very nice show, lots of props and costumes- but unlike the Star Wars exhibit from 2008?, the gift shop items really sucked- I was so disappointed, but my bank account was happy. If you head on down, take some unwrapped toys to get free general admission, then you only pay the extra for the Indy show.

Hit up Crenshaw Walmart, they had nothing good as usual, but they did have an exclusive role-play non-electronic Obi-Wan vs Maul saber set on the top shelf. Luckily I wasn't there for toys or I'd have been disappointed, instead I was there for Vanilla Listerine and WM is the only chain that still carries it. WM was clearancing out TFP Cyberverse Optimus Maximus though, even WM knows how horrible that turd is.

Also hit West LA Target, TVC CW Anakin was all they had to offer of note. Nothing TF of note, but they also were clearancing out TFP Op Maximus I think. Oh, and they got a new shipment of TFP Deluxe, the ones with the DVD, and EVERY SINGLE FIGURE WAS BUMBLEBEE!!! How stupid is Hasbro to reship this loser yet again?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    I am selling a poster to someone in Germany- does anyone have any idea what it would cost to ship a poster tube to Europe?
    USPS says First Class and under 36" would be $8, and any faster/better shipping would be minimum $30 (express could be $38 or higher depending on size). Sorry I didn't see this sooner, hope the info helps in some way though.

Went down to Santa Ana yesterday to check out the Indiana Jones archaeology exhibit at the Discovery Center. Very nice show, lots of props and costumes- but unlike the Star Wars exhibit from 2008?, the gift shop items really sucked- I was so disappointed, but my bank account was happy. If you head on down, take some unwrapped toys to get free general admission, then you only pay the extra for the Indy show.
    Sounds cool. How was the size of the exhibit compared to the SW one?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If they stopped insisting Bumblebee talked in beeps or radio clips, people might think he's cool again.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

USPS says First Class and under 36" would be $8, and any faster/better shipping would be minimum $30 (express could be $38 or higher depending on size). Sorry I didn't see this sooner, hope the info helps in some way though.

Sounds cool. How was the size of the exhibit compared to the SW one?

Really, $8? The post office guy said $30 was the cheapest way, that the length of the poster tube (31.5") was the reason, but I don't think I can fit the poster into anything shorter. Not sure of the weight, but I don't see an $8 option online.

The Indy exhibit took less than 2 hours to fully examine, and I was ogling all the props/costumes and taking pix, plus doing the guided tour and solving the puzzles. Felt about the same size as the SW exhibit, minus the awesome SW gift shop. If this show eventually makes it to L.A., I would go again.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    If they stopped insisting Bumblebee talked in beeps or radio clips, people might think he's cool again.
    Bumblebee wasn't terribly cool when he talked either, but yeah, TF Prime's Bumblebee beeps are the WORST, it's totally unlikeable. In the movie he at least communicated in a way that Sam didn't have to repeat every damned thing he said - and when I'm citing the movie, you KNOW something is bad. But the toy itself is also grade-f butt-jerky.

Really, $8? The post office guy said $30 was the cheapest way, that the length of the poster tube (31.5") was the reason, but I don't think I can fit the poster into anything shorter. Not sure of the weight, but I don't see an $8 option online.
    Here's what I got:
    http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices....3&g=3&r=False#
    (click the tab for "First-Class MailŪ International Options" if the page loads correctly which it should)

First-Class MailŪ International Parcel**
    Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
    Other than rolls: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"
    Rolls: Max. length 36". Max length and twice the diameter combined 42"

This time I got $11.60 because I bumped up the length to that 32" you mentioned, weight I chose was 15 oz since posters don't weigh much and tubes don't weigh much, if it's over a pound it cannot ship first-class. Because the tube you're sending is 32", your max diameter of the tube cannot be more than 5" (keep in mind that they generally round up, so 31.5" is 32"), if it was larger than 5" in diameter then they couldn't send it International First Class, but 5" is pretty big for a poster tube, mine are 3" and hold a dozen canvas posters each.

The Indy exhibit took less than 2 hours to fully examine, and I was ogling all the props/costumes and taking pix, plus doing the guided tour and solving the puzzles. Felt about the same size as the SW exhibit, minus the awesome SW gift shop. If this show eventually makes it to L.A., I would go again.
    Sounds alright I guess, any longer might be too much, it's not coming here on this tour, but I don't know if I'll want to go way down in the OC for it.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Bumblebee wasn't terribly cool when he talked either, but yeah, TF Prime's Bumblebee beeps are the WORST, it's totally unlikeable. In the movie he at least communicated in a way that Sam didn't have to repeat every damned thing he said - and when I'm citing the movie, you KNOW something is bad. But the toy itself is also grade-f butt-jerky.
    The FE version is the hotness. That's the sad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    The FE version is the hotness. That's the sad thing...
    Really? I had only seen middling reviews before your comment, and FE BB was the only TFP FE figure that was available on HTS through to SDCC or so.