Page 960 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 4608609109509569579589599609619629639649701010 ... LastLast
Results 9,591 to 9,600 of 10380
    ChaddyMac and Chux. I like some of your ideas.

I think Hound is a great Autobot candidate, as well as Ultra Magnus, Kup, and Hot Rod.

Ditto on what was posted about Mirage and Sunstreaker / Sideswipe.

I also think that maybe it's time that Hasbro allows all-new characters to be created that were never in the cannon before.

NewbieAtron

Nuevebot

UniquaScream

- I'm just making up bad names, if only to illustrate that if you wrote them being really cool, no cannon of any incarnation would be violated, and awesome stories could be written for these guys.

Keep Optimus, BumbleBee, Ratchet, and SideSwipe alive in the background. Maybe send The Wreckers out under Ultra Magnus' command for some kind of special mission and just focus on them for a while.

The Wreckers could invite the Stunticons in and have a call for Menasor.

- Constructicons are done and the Combaticons? Well a tank (sometimes) named Brawl, and a military chopper have appeared. While Swindle could come into it, you'd have to make Blast-Off something smaller than a space shuttle for the realisitc comparative scales of the bots.

And while Alice was cool (if only because I liked staring at Isabel Lucas' @zz) animal-bots (Dinobots, or beat warriors) make little sense except for non-cannon beasts that actually look like zoo animals and are the same size as the real creatures - pretenders like Alice pretended to be human.

Unicron remains a good possibility of course.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

TDKR Movie Masters Ra's Al Ghul is stashed at Glendale Target if anyone still needs one. PM for details.

I saw Power Dive at Los Feliz TRU but I've spent so much on TF's lately, it didn't feel like a must buy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    TDKR Movie Masters Ra's Al Ghul is stashed at Glendale Target if anyone still needs one. PM for details.

I saw Power Dive at Los Feliz TRU but I've spent so much on TF's lately, it didn't feel like a must buy to me.
    I gave up on Commissioner Gordon, but still have hope for a completed and, hopefully, worthwhile Bat-signal. I'm only missing Alfred to complete it.

Anyone looking for TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus and Thundertron? I just saw 2 of each at a Target. PM for details.

Maradona, I've only seen MM Alfred twice and that was before TDKR was in theaters.

Beaumont WM got in... the 3D wave. Given how poorly the section is usually stocked, I'm guessing they've been in the back for months. (There were some put out in February, or whenever they came out.) I would've been tempted by the astromech and Droideka, but the long gap in figures has made it easier to pass on overpriced $10 figures. I considered Aurra Sing, since she was highly recommended, but passed. She's so minor, there's no point in dropping ten bucks on a version with more joints.

They did have one Kithaba, though. Note the use of past tense there.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Having a TF conversation without me??!! No!!

Tycho, ROTF was downright terrible - and I am the biggest TF fan. Rushed, too long, poor story, the list goes on. The only thing fairly decent was the forest fight --and if anything saved the film from being absolutely unbearable -it was ILM's bangup CGI job. Anyway, I could rant forever about how Bay raped & ruined TFs just for the sake of $, but I won't. Bottom line -it could've been done in a way to please new fans & old, even critics, & make money. (a la Nolan's Batman trilogy). Rushing 3 large fx laden movies in 5 yrs. is not the way to do it- even though it could be done, doesn't mean it should have. Paramount is putting time and care into Star Trek -as they should - and they're even delaying GI Joe to make sure it doesn't fall on its face. They really didn't give a flying rat's *&%& about TFs & it upsets me that Bay is doing the 4th movie. Time for a new director. Ok, sorry, i lied -minirant -my anger got the best of me.

As far as new characters - i'd like to see the rest of the seekers - Thundercracker, Skywarp, and maybe even Thrust, dirge and ramjet. Starscream had no armada at all in the movies --lame. 3 movies with heavy military involvement and no Hound???! Give me a &*(^%&*( break! I don't care if he's a Jeep -needs to be in there. Brawn, powerglide, gears, perceptor, Reflector, bluestreak, smokescreen, prowl, trailbreaker, and Tracks would be welcome additions for sure. If they go S3 characters, of course I'd like Hot rod, Galvatron, scourge, cyclonus, Unicron, and Springer & kup. There are a lot of possibilities but there are also a lot of ways they can screw it up. I'm sure it will be the latter until they find a new director, production company and studio. Shame on Hasbro for not letting the essence of why we loved G1 show in the movies. The essence of G1 -- not a 9 hour music video with explosions. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    JT- thanks for the help. Between Burbank USPS misquoting the price to me and the fact that I overlooked "other than rolls", now this is much more reasonable- but of course the guy on RS isn't responding to PMs, so this may have been in vain.
    Sure thing, navigating those sorts of websites is my gin & juice . That's frustrating about the guy not getting back to you though.

Are you sure the Indy show won't hit LA some day? THe SW show hit OC last fall, so maybe in 3-5 years we'll have Indy... If I had gone to the show without my daughter, I would have gotten through it much faster- but I enjoyed spending extra time solving the puzzles with her and explaining all the movie stuff, plus I was an Anthropology/Archaeology major in college, so I had addition interest in the non-Indy aspects of the exhibit. I still say though that the crappy gift shop offerings were extremely disappointing since the SW show had such a phenomenal offering, but this isn't a movie year and Indy toys have no draw to kids anymore, so I guess mugs and t-shirts are ok.
    The Indy show website is saying the current run ends at the Discovery Science Center in April, so for this run anyway this will be it. Perhaps you're right and the Indy show will get another run in a few years that will come here, but I can only speak in terms of what is knowable. I'm frustrated that the youngest member of my family just turned 15 and wouldn't be remotely interested in doing the show the way you and your daughter did, that sounds way better.

As for the gift shop, Indiana Jones doesn't have enough interest to generate a lot of licensed merchandise except through Disney Parks brands, so it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't have much to offer compared to Star Wars which is the top licensed brand of all time now. I did buy a Master Replicas scaled Stormtrooper blaster when I went to the SW event, yet I doubt I'd buy anything Indy like that.

P.S. I was at Subway on Victory/Olive tonight and guess who shuffled in carrying a target bag, wearing a member's only jacket and a hilarious set of headphones atop a greasy mop of curly hair? Ding Ding Ding- it was the infamous "Headphones" guy. Sometimes I miss the hunt.
    Ha! Too funny. It's not worth missing though.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Beaumont WM got in... the 3D wave. Given how poorly the section is usually stocked, I'm guessing they've been in the back for months. (There were some put out in February, or whenever they came out.) I would've been tempted by the astromech and Droideka, but the long gap in figures has made it easier to pass on overpriced $10 figures. I considered Aurra Sing, since she was highly recommended, but passed. She's so minor, there's no point in dropping ten bucks on a version with more joints.

They did have one Kithaba, though. Note the use of past tense there.
    The actual 3D wave? That's wild, my WM still has trashed versions they got in February, but none since. I never found that Ric Olie, and am surprised to hear there's a slim chance I might someday.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Having a TF conversation without me??!! No!!

Tycho, ROTF was downright terrible - and I am the biggest TF fan. Rushed, too long, poor story, the list goes on. The only thing fairly decent was the forest fight --and if anything saved the film from being absolutely unbearable -it was ILM's bangup CGI job. Anyway, I could rant forever about how Bay raped & ruined TFs just for the sake of $, but I won't. Bottom line -it could've been done in a way to please new fans & old, even critics, & make money. (a la Nolan's Batman trilogy). Rushing 3 large fx laden movies in 5 yrs. is not the way to do it- even though it could be done, doesn't mean it should have. Paramount is putting time and care into Star Trek -as they should - and they're even delaying GI Joe to make sure it doesn't fall on its face. They really didn't give a flying rat's *&%& about TFs & it upsets me that Bay is doing the 4th movie. Time for a new director. Ok, sorry, i lied -minirant -my anger got the best of me.
    And you're the guy trying to convince me to watch it on Netflix?!?

Paramount is putting what and what into Star Trek? Unless "time and care" are codewords for "buckets of cash and no actual concern for quality", I think you're nuts on that one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The actual 3D wave? That's wild, my WM still has trashed versions they got in February, but none since. I never found that Ric Olie, and am surprised to hear there's a slim chance I might someday.

The last time I checked, the WM near me was still pegs deep in Ric Olie figures. If you really want one, PM me and I can pick it up and mail it off to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    The last time I checked, the WM near me was still pegs deep in Ric Olie figures. If you really want one, PM me and I can pick it up and mail it off to you.
    I appreciate the offer. I'll have to think about it for a few weeks until I get paid. Right now I can barely figure out how I can justify $10 for Ric Olie at all, let alone $4 or whatever for shipping.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yup. Like I said, I think they've been in the back for a while. I could probably get you Ric Olie as well, but be warned: he will charm the plastic panties off all your lady figures. He's just that smooth.

(Ric was one of only three figures from this wave that I bothered getting. I would've gotten the pilot, too, but he's the same mold with a less awesome head. As in "any head." Because this is Ric we're talking about.)

Been finding a lot of the "lost" 2010 GIJoes in IE Walgreens. Scored Cobra Commander (not the Renegades one, the cool update of the classic version) and Jungle BAT in Beaumont, and Hawk in Yucaipa. Banning was freshly-stocked today with Blowtorch (who I'm passing on; I got the first one), Hawk, and two Cobra Commanders.

You realize of course, now that I'm finding these for $11, they'll be at Ross in a week.
    Tommy, close your eyes.