Page 961 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 4618619119519579589599609619629639649659711011 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,610 of 10360
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Yup. Like I said, I think they've been in the back for a while. I could probably get you Ric Olie as well, but be warned: he will charm the plastic panties off all your lady figures. He's just that smooth.

(Ric was one of only three figures from this wave that I bothered getting. I would've gotten the pilot, too, but he's the same mold with a less awesome head. As in "any head." Because this is Ric we're talking about.)

Been finding a lot of the "lost" 2010 GIJoes in IE Walgreens. Scored Cobra Commander (not the Renegades one, the cool update of the classic version) and Jungle BAT in Beaumont, and Hawk in Yucaipa. Banning was freshly-stocked today with Blowtorch (who I'm passing on; I got the first one), Hawk, and two Cobra Commanders.

You realize of course, now that I'm finding these for $11, they'll be at Ross in a week.
    I read somewhere that there is a $4 off coupon for Walgreens Joes. If moneybags Destro shows up, please sequester as many as you find.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

As for the gift shop, Indiana Jones doesn't have enough interest to generate a lot of licensed merchandise except through Disney Parks brands, so it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't have much to offer compared to Star Wars which is the top licensed brand of all time now. I did buy a Master Replicas scaled Stormtrooper blaster when I went to the SW event, yet I doubt I'd buy anything Indy like that.
    I loved what Hasbro made for Indy. I think you own a lot of that stuff, JT. I still would love to see what a diorama of Indy on horseback after the truck carrivan (borrowing the motorcycle from Last Crusade to add to it) would look like.

I cannot really afford to collect the Indiana Jones stuff I'd want to.

and 2nd: if I could afford it, I don't really have the room to display it, which (opening up the stuff) is the only reason I'd buy it. [collect is the wrong word to have used here].

But I barely get to do anything with the SW stuff I own and bought to make dioramas because my writing takes up all of my home time and doing anything like "normal people" do by way of organizing is just to normal (boring) for me to be bothered with. Probably for the best, what I can create myself, has become more fascinating than what Hasbro can create, though I fully support them and continue buying in the event that one day I will take a break from my writing (but I want a best-seller first!)

I'm sure that one day at Comic Con or a scalper-meet (or e-Bay) I can find the Jones stuff and make my diorama scene if I really find the time and space to do so.

But I would really admire pictures of that stuff set up!

Paramount is putting what and what into Star Trek? Unless "time and care" are codewords for "buckets of cash and no actual concern for quality", I think you're nuts on that one.
    Here's what's important for the new Star Trek:

1) WRITING - it has to be a compelling story. I've already read spoilers (won't post them here) about what this new film will be about. I think it's kind of a boring choice if you ask me. At least the TOS episode the idea spawned from wasn't particularly awesome (though it wasn't bad, but sort of interesting actually). Still I would not have chosen this idea myself. It may work well though. That remains to be seen.

2) Exceitement level - I hope there are great excuses for lots of violent content. This appeals to me. As do explosions. Referring to (1) above - if there is good writing there will be good excuses for excitement by my definition.

3) Good acting - no where is there room for casting Keanau Reeves or Miss South Carolina (from "The Iraq" a few years ago). The regular cast has been great though and I hope they keep returning for more movies as a crew (Pine, Quinto, Urban, Saldona, "Harold," Yeltzin, and Sean of the Dead. They could cast Gilbert Godfrey as another member of the Q Continuum though. This would be excellent. If Godfrey doesn't make Star Trek, he should play a Gungan in one of the new Star Wars movies.

Hey, here's a thought: what if Michael Bay made a movie where there was an explosion and it blew up Gilbert Godfrey?!

Anyway, (4) - special effects. It is least important to me as you can see here. You can tell a compelling story with a flip pad and sketched on stick-figures.But it helps when the Star Trek universe looks cool, too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    what if Michael Bay made a movie where there was an explosion and it blew up Gilbert Godfrey?!
    Killing Gilbert Gottfried would be the only thing that would make him suck more.

It's like Robert Rodriguez, and how, even though he's an amazing director, he's got a special spot reserved in Hell for killing Steve Buscemi and Cheech Marin in the same movie.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

And you're the guy trying to convince me to watch it on Netflix?!?

Paramount is putting what and what into Star Trek? Unless "time and care" are codewords for "buckets of cash and no actual concern for quality", I think you're nuts on that one.

I say that because they are waiting 4 yrs to release the next movie & not rushing the s%^t out of it as they did with TF. The 2009 Star Trek was a decent movie all around. I don't know what your hangups are about it, but at the very least I give A to B+ range. When the "Into Darkness" trailer comes out this week - much anticipation will begin.
    The "buckets of cash w/o concern for quality" method was used for the TF movies dude.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    I say that because they are waiting 4 yrs to release the next movie & not rushing the s%^t out of it as they did with TF. The 2009 Star Trek was a decent movie all around. I don't know what your hangups are about it, but at the very least I give A to B+ range. When the "Into Darkness" trailer comes out this week - much anticipation will begin.
    The "buckets of cash w/o concern for quality" method was used for the TF movies dude.
    And GI JOE. Not sure what you're seeing that makes you think that franchise isn't being treated poorly...

No kidding. They killed two excellent cartoons AND two excellent toy lines to focus on one crap movie and one movie that was delayed by almost a year and we hope isn't crap but know, deep down, that it is.

Resolute and Renegades didn't even get their own damned toy lines, but were shoehorned into the 25th Anniversary and 30th Anniversary lines.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    No kidding. They killed two excellent cartoons AND two excellent toy lines to focus on one crap movie and one movie that was delayed by almost a year and we hope isn't crap but know, deep down, that it is.

Resolute and Renegades didn't even get their own damned toy lines, but were shoehorned into the 25th Anniversary and 30th Anniversary lines.
    The reason it was delayed was because they originally killed off Duke, but testing revealed that it was a stupid thing to do, and then Channing Tatum blew up. So they re-wrote and re-shot to keep Duke in the movie. They've been trying to kill Duke since 1986 and just can't pull it off...
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Even the SAW Viper couldn't do it. I think most people would agree that I would've rather seen Duke killed than Breaker or Quick Kick.

Then again, his showdown with the SAW Viper afterward is an incredible display of what makes the Joes different from the Cobras (and stupid IDW mistakenly omitted that page from the trade paperback).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

TRU La Cienega had bupkis, unless you like piles of the lost line look Jar Jar and ROTS red Clone shocktrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I loved what Hasbro made for Indy. I think you own a lot of that stuff, JT. I still would love to see what a diorama of Indy on horseback after the truck carrivan (borrowing the motorcycle from Last Crusade to add to it) would look like.
    I don't have that much of the recent Hasbro line compared to what was released. I have a few Indy figures, Indy on horse, the ark truck, 6 or so of the soldiers, the LC motorcycle, Henry Jones, and I think that's about it. I also have the Sideshow 12" Indy which IMO is the best of the 1:6 lot. And a few of the Disneyland mini-vehicles and the 6" figure, felt hat.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    I thought that Fake Trek movie was horrible, even avoiding the film spitting in the face of Trek, it was a big noisy mess, the acting was atrociously overblown, the script was dumb as a bag of rocks, the action was at times indecipherable, and the lead characters were jerks whose actions made no sense at all; and don't forget it outright steals from Star Wars. Sets say nothing about anything, no thought whatsoever, just trying actively to look modern and different. It was a big, dumb, forgettable summer action flick.

I don't think they waited at all for this new one, they started on it right away, they're just taking more time because they have to, because JJ Abrams is shooting a sci-fi film that takes place in an entirely different environment (and a brewery), if Paramount could hurry him up any more they surely would have.

The official blurb for this new one is awful - once again the fleet is overwhelmed and they come back to Earth to fight an inside guy. The poster is a clear ripoff of Dark Knight and Rises.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    And GI JOE. Not sure what you're seeing that makes you think that franchise isn't being treated poorly...
    No kidding, but that's partly on Hasbro's shoulders.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

GI joe - less mistreated than TF, but Paramount is slowly getting there. Overall, I think GI Joe 2 will be better than ROTF. I enjoyed the first Joe movie much more than ROTF and was upset that it was handled better than TF as a whole imo.
    Its a matter of opinion on the Trek '09 movie, but I liked it better than other previous Trek movies. Ripoff of SW? Not with the time travel aspect. I really don't see any direct SW ripoffs JT.

Believe me, Paramount is taking their time with Star Trek 2 --it's one of their prized properties. It won't be a throw-away Hasbro movie