Page 967 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 4678679179579639649659669679689699709719771017 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,670 of 10414
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Grimlock was two completely different characters in the comic and the cartoon. The comic book version would not fight Ironhide under normal circumstances... but would totally mop the floor with him if he had to.
    Yeah, but the comic book version didn't really have the audience reach that the cartoon did, so it's the cartoon which ultimately does the most to define the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I'm interested!
    Awesome! We'll start talking scheduling when we get a few more people interested.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If I wanted to be contrary, I could say that animated Grimlock wasn't so much a character as a one-note plot device. Sorta like Maul. Comic Grimlock, surprisingly, turned out to be one of the greatest comic book anti-heroes of his age (which is impressive when you consider TF comics came out during the heyday of Wolverine, Punisher, Judge Dredd, and the Ninja Turtles).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    We should try to get the SoCal gang together for a meal soon, a "half-Comic-Con" type of meal.
    Do we have to pay half-CC prices, with half-CC lines to wait, too? How about at a Target food court after each of us buying every MOMC figure we wanted, right out of the case. :dreaming:
    "That's what Sheev said."

Is there a Five Guys near LA? How about In-N-Out Burger? I'm cool with either of those.

Kidding aside, I'd recommend the Gourmet Pizza Shoppe, but the only location is in Redlands, which is a bit far out for most of you.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Is there a Five Guys near LA? How about In-N-Out Burger? I'm cool with either of those.

Kidding aside, I'd recommend the Gourmet Pizza Shoppe, but the only location is in Redlands, which is a bit far out for most of you.
    I'm down for the 'half comic-con' meal. Provided its an off day for me. Next week is not really good though.

Gettin back to Grim vs. Ironhide, it'd depend on which version of Ironhide he'd fight - G1 classic or Bayverse DOTM. Grim would probably win with brute strength, but IH wouldn't go out without a tough fight. DOTM IH would have tons of firepower and G1 would have liquid nitro blasts from his hands to combat Grim's flamethrowing. It would be an awesome fight. If I were good with stopmotion pics/vids, the scale of MP Grim and DOTM IH would work better than MP Grim and igear Ironhide imo.

Comic Grimlock is smart and devious, though. He'd outsmart Ironhide. He once got into a fistfight with Prime (the Powermaster version), that ended with both of them on the floor, laughing about how ridiculous they were being.

Ironhide's going down.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

If I wanted to be contrary, I could say that animated Grimlock wasn't so much a character as a one-note plot device. Sorta like Maul. Comic Grimlock, surprisingly, turned out to be one of the greatest comic book anti-heroes of his age (which is impressive when you consider TF comics came out during the heyday of Wolverine, Punisher, Judge Dredd, and the Ninja Turtles).
    Someone has a crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Do we have to pay half-CC prices, with half-CC lines to wait, too? How about at a Target food court after each of us buying every MOMC figure we wanted, right out of the case. :dreaming:
    I'd prefer no lines, and pricing will vary as much as it does down there, so think of it as a half-pain-in-the-arse. Every MOMC figure we wanted in the next few months would be... none. Stupid moronic Hasbro cancellation.

There's a Five Guys here in Culver City, they're not all that impressive considering how expensive they are though, and they're very loud inside. I was hoping for food that a paid servant brings to us instead of getting it ourselves. Also I was hoping not to go to Redlands or anywhere 80 miles from here - I could see going somewhat east, maybe Clearman's Village, but not that far.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    I'm down for the 'half comic-con' meal. Provided its an off day for me. Next week is not really good though.

Gettin back to Grim vs. Ironhide, it'd depend on which version of Ironhide he'd fight - G1 classic or Bayverse DOTM. Grim would probably win with brute strength, but IH wouldn't go out without a tough fight. DOTM IH would have tons of firepower and G1 would have liquid nitro blasts from his hands to combat Grim's flamethrowing. It would be an awesome fight. If I were good with stopmotion pics/vids, the scale of MP Grim and DOTM IH would work better than MP Grim and igear Ironhide imo.
    Right on, and next week it won't be then.

Comic Grimlock is smart and devious, though. He'd outsmart Ironhide. He once got into a fistfight with Prime (the Powermaster version), that ended with both of them on the floor, laughing about how ridiculous they were being.

Ironhide's going down.
    I dunno, Bayverse Ironhide can spin in super slomo and fire shots at the same time, it might just confuse Grimlock into vomiting.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by maradona View Post
    clearman's village is great.
    THUMBS UP FOR MARADONA! Love that place. How awesome would it be for all us west types to meet with Bel-Cam and Chux at the Covina or Rosemead North Woods?

You know I was kidding about Five Guys, right? I like 'em, but if I'm driving a long distance, having that as the destination would be a little anticlimactic.
    Tommy, close your eyes.