Page 968 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 4688689189589649659669679689699709719729781018 ... LastLast
Results 9,671 to 9,680 of 10401
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    THUMBS UP FOR MARADONA! Love that place. How awesome would it be for all us west types to meet with Bel-Cam and Chux at the Covina or Rosemead North Woods?
    Is that North Woods Inn? The place with the peanut shells on the floor? The restaurant with very tasty food? Umm... (or am I confusing places together?)
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You know I was kidding about Five Guys, right? I like 'em, but if I'm driving a long distance, having that as the destination would be a little anticlimactic.
    I knew you were mostly kidding, but who knows who will read it and run with the idea. Plus, I get to tout that we here in Culver City have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Is that North Woods Inn? The place with the peanut shells on the floor? The restaurant with very tasty food? Umm... (or am I confusing places together?)
    Yes it is, Clearman's village was multiple theme restaurants (North Woods Inn, Stick & Stein, and the boat-shaped The Galley) in a single location, and from that there are the now multiple-location North Woods Inn, with the sawdust and peanut shells on the floor from the free peanuts in the lobby, the delicious cole slaw and blue cheese salads tossed at the table, the garlic cheese toast so good that North Woods Inn-brand spread was on shelves for years, and a vegetarian dinner comprised mainly of onions (I kid you not).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I had to go to the dentist today in Rancho Bernardo (long drive to get a family member as your tech ), and stopped at Portillo's in Moreno Valley on the way home. If I wasn't the only person near it, I'd suggest that--it's an authentic Chicago-area hot dog/sandwich stand, which, for some bizarre reason, has two locations outside Chicagoland. One is in MoVal. No idea why that is, but their Italian beef sandwiches are to die for.

Of course, I think the other's in Anaheim, so I could suggest that.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

What a weird choice of outside-Chicago locations. If we go to Anaheim, I can't see not going to Disneyland/DCA, but that'd make a keen one-two punch. What's the place's atmosphere? You called it a stand, I don't really want to sit outside for a long meal, ya know?

That's what you get for eating your Ewok action figures, now we know the truth about why you're so gaga for them.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Okay, it's not a stand. But you do have to order at a counter, so it might be out.

And it's in Buena Park, anyway.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

THUMBS UP FOR MARADONA! Love that place. How awesome would it be for all us west types to meet with Bel-Cam and Chux at the Covina or Rosemead North Woods?
    Count me in!

Well, if you're really gung-ho about them, I suppose we could give them a thought, but it has to be more special than In n Out and Five Guys. Maradona and I are in agreement that North Woods would be dope though. But none of this is set, it's still the planning phase.

Wait, wait, wait. Now we're planning a dope sale? I'm out! No illegal transactions for me!

Is there a day/time in mind? (weekends are about the only chances I'd have, with Sundays being more better; unless it was MLK's holiday on Mon. 1/21)
    "That's what Sheev said."

Well, if you're really gung-ho about them
    Was this for me? I'm not set on anything; as long as it's not fish, I'm cool.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Clearman's is delicious eating, but can be a bit pricey depending on what you order. I think the food, ambience (and by ambience I mean littered peanut shells), and company will be worth it.