Page 969 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 4698699199599659669679689699709719729739791019 ... LastLast
Results 9,681 to 9,690 of 10402
    Crenshaw mall TJ Maxx had both new Transformers Prime Voyagers - Thundertron and Ultra Magnus - for $13 a pop. I considered buying them but then remembered the bad reviews each has gotten, and there were some eager kids who were jazzed out of their minds when I put the figures back on the shelf, they really wanted to check them out.

Crenshaw WM was abysmal for TF, and not much better for Star Wars.

----

Clearman's pricing... Oh yeah, I forgot that gas prices skyrocketed since the last time I was there, so I just checked, their prices have gone up a bit - they make it worth your while with big portions and lots of salad, but it may be too much. Average dinner entree price seems to be $30: http://www.clearmansrestaurants.com/.../menu/menu.pdf
    I'm certainly not locked into that pricepoint as our place, I love Clearman's but I go to Sizzler about a thousand times more often.

So, we have Maradona, me, Bikerscout*, Chux, and Bel-cam* who wants to remind us that he doesn't want to sell drugs - sure thing, buddy! Just for you. (* asterisk wearers are schedule-challenged, but I'm sure we all are to varying degrees). Anybody else?

Chux and I are not down for seafood. I don't want some fast food stand, it should be an actual restaurant unless it's super special awesome. Any other restrictions?

BCJ can only hope to go on a weekend, Sunday would be best for him. I think Bikerscout's schedule is weekdays, but not sure, let's find out.

How far is everybody willing to drive? That knowledge could help us create a zone of approval. Is anybody going to want to carpool?

Any other thoughts?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm not trying to be difficult. It's just that half the creatures in the sea would kill me if I ate them, and the other half are subject to cross-contamination at most restaurants.

Weekends would be best for me. To be honest, Saturday's better, but I can probably do Sunday if it's afternoon or later (in case anyone was considering breakfast).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh, said TJ Maxx also had the TF Prime Cyberverse Star Hammer with Wheeljack vehicle for the same $12.99 price.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm not trying to be difficult. It's just that half the creatures in the sea would kill me if I ate them, and the other half are subject to cross-contamination at most restaurants.
    Oh wah. "I'm going to die from horrible allergies. These things are filthy and smell like rot." Cry me a river! Yeah, I'm not allergic, I just don't like it, and the ones I do tolerate are the worst for you.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, count me in possibly. Weekends would be better though I have tons of appointments coming up which will affect my availability.

TRU La Cienega had more of the Clone Wars vehicle 2-packs, now down to $35, and although most were 2 Jedi Starfighters one set was a Jedi Starfighter and an AH-7 Walking Cannon. Also they had ANH Vader, Luke Hoth & Blu Ray ROTJ, Aayla, red bandana Kithaba, Nom Anor, and Wedge all on curved cards. I bought Kithaba and Aayla - I wanted that red bandana, and with JabbaJohn naming Aayla his choice for best figure of 2012 AND a soon-to-expire $5 rewards coupon I couldn't not get 'em (I checked with Bikerscout first on Aayla because he posted interest, but he passed). By the time I left someone had grabbed that ANH Vader and none of the others, so when you wonder why Vaders are still getting new figures, think about the fact that all those hot collector-focused figures got bypassed in favor of it.

TRU Culver City had fairly empty pegs for Star Wars. TF they had Generations Voyager-class Soundwave at $23, I passed.

Target Culver City 1-story had nothing of note in either department.

Don't forget to mention your requested stashes, gang! I'll be glad to stash when I see your stuff, but I have to be reminded what it is first.
    JT: Transformers Generations Starscream (card condition unimportant)
    Bikerscout: AOTC Clone Lieutenant, Shocktrooper, or Jar Jar at TRU only (for the rewards points)
    Who else? C'mon, don't be shy!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, count me in possibly. Weekends would be better though I have tons of appointments coming up which will affect my availability.
    Definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Don't forget to mention your requested stashes, gang! I'll be glad to stash when I see your stuff, but I have to be reminded what it is first.
    JT: Transformers Generations Starscream (card condition unimportant)
    Bikerscout: AOTC Clone Lieutenant, Shocktrooper, or Jar Jar at TRU only (for the rewards points)
    Who else? C'mon, don't be shy!
    I'm looking for that mini Yoda Jedi Starfighter. Since you asked

Also, I still have your AT-ST drivers if you still want them.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I'm looking for that mini Yoda Jedi Starfighter. Since you asked

Also, I still have your AT-ST drivers if you still want them.
    I do still want them, and the mini Yoda Jedi Starfighter was at TRU today along with the MTT Droid Fighter, but I cannot remember if it was TRU La Cienega or Culver - my memory says Culver but they had almost nothing, while La Cienega had a bunch of stuff so it seems more likely. I'll definitely stash you one next time I see it though, or pick it up if I can afford to.

Target looks to still have the Lego Advent Calendar at only 30% off. I also found the Return of Maul set a few days ago (don't recall which Target), and it still scanned at $10. Yeesh. It was that cheap before Christmas. I'd get it if it were cheaper for the canceled Sith Witch figure.

Marshalls (at least the one in Moreno Valley) had the G.I. Joe Cobra Dragon Hawk VTOL marked down to $13. Tempting, but I did not army-build it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I bought Kithaba and Aayla - I wanted that red bandana, and with JabbaJohn naming Aayla his choice for best figure of 2012 AND a soon-to-expire $5 rewards coupon I couldn't not get 'em (I checked with Bikerscout first on Aayla because he posted interest, but he passed).
    Have you cracked her open yet? Did I steer you wrong?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Have you cracked her open yet? Did I steer you wrong?
    Welllllll..... I'll post my thoughts in the YIR thread.