Page 971 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 4718719219619679689699709719729739749759811021 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,710 of 10329
    It's not a "Mini-TT", it's an "MTT Droid Fighter", it plugs into the rear compartment door of the MTT, was originally supposed to come with the larger vehicle.

Ross in Beverly Connection had TF Prime Sergeant Kup for $5.99, a buck less than at TJ Maxx. Insane.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

May not be too news worthy, but at Woodland hills tru today I picked up a lost line Jar Jar and the TRU excl. CW Nikto guard for $8 and some change. Used $8 in TRU rewards which expire tomorrow and it was bogo50 on SW so I got a fairly good deal.

As far as the meetup - off Weds & Thurs, however next Wed. 30th is out. If possible, I wouldn't want to drive farther than Ontario. I live in the valley.

Unrelated note: I'm a sucker for Top Gun and will be seeing it in Imax 3D next month for the 6 day limited engagement. Anyone else is welcome to join. One of my all time fave movies.

Bikerscout, I so much loved Top Gun.

The El Toro Marine Corps Air Station was operational when I grew up there (the aliens destroyed it in Independence Day).

I used to watch the fighter pilots train daily and roar overhead when I was at Wild Rivers Water Park where I'd spend every summer trying to catch waves and women. That was my life dude!

I loved those days growing up wanting to be a fighter pilot. I think I saw Top Gun in the movie theater every week while it was out and always begged my mom to take me.

In my first business venture, I used to mow the lawn and wash the car for a fighter pilot who made Top Gun (when it was the Navy base in San Diego - it is currently open here and I go to the air show there every October - and it's now officially designated Miramar MCAS).

But the fighter pilot and his wife took me on base and I got to sit in a real F-18 and go in the real F-18 flight simulator while he had an instructor friend guide me on a simulated mission. It was so cool!

Don - that was the pilot's name, bought me the Top Gun hat and the Top Spud (remember the Budweiser dog?) T-shirt, plus a Navy Fighter Weapons hoodie.

My health complications prevented me from every being in the military though I tried to get into the Marines, Navy, and the Air Force and my father was a decorated officer in the Navy.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Bikerscout, I so much loved Top Gun.

The El Toro Marine Corps Air Station was operational when I grew up there (the aliens destroyed it in Independence Day).

I used to watch the fighter pilots train daily and roar overhead when I was at Wild Rivers Water Park where I'd spend every summer trying to catch waves and women. That was my life dude!

I loved those days growing up wanting to be a fighter pilot. I think I saw Top Gun in the movie theater every week while it was out and always begged my mom to take me.

In my first business venture, I used to mow the lawn and wash the car for a fighter pilot who made Top Gun (when it was the Navy base in San Diego - it is currently open here and I go to the air show there every October - and it's now officially designated Miramar MCAS).

But the fighter pilot and his wife took me on base and I got to sit in a real F-18 and go in the real F-18 flight simulator while he had an instructor friend guide me on a simulated mission. It was so cool!

Don - that was the pilot's name, bought me the Top Gun hat and the Top Spud (remember the Budweiser dog?) T-shirt, plus a Navy Fighter Weapons hoodie.

My health complications prevented me from every being in the military though I tried to get into the Marines, Navy, and the Air Force and my father was a decorated officer in the Navy.
    Thanks for sharing Tycho. Well, you didn't have to prove how big of a fan u were, but you achieved that and more in your post. I'm jealous that you got to see the base and sit in an F-18! Pretty damn rad.

I too still want to be a pilot to this day b/c of Top Gun . I never actually saw the movie until a couple years after it debuted. VHS. Gotta love it. I went to a lot of airshows when I was younger, growing up in Cleveland, and I loved seeing the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds. Since I didn't live too far from the airport I had witnessed many flybys from them on the weekends of the shows. My own private shows. Lol. I never joined any of the armed forces, but my father was in the Air Force before I was born.

I have bestbuy reward zone cash & will probably use it on the Top Gun 3D bluray on 2/18 or 19. In the meanwhile, this week I can't wait for "The Dark Knight Returns Part 2" animated to drop on Tues. Torn between BB and Target though b/c one is offering a bonus pack-in figure as an exclusive and the other is offering a digital comic at a lower price. The figure is nice, but Target is offering more at a lower price. Still on the fence.

Forgot to mention, yesterday at that Woodland hills tru, they had 2 of the SW class 1 fleet vehicles. Obi-wan & droid/MTT thingy & I can't remember the other. For TF also had some FOC soundwaves. Nothin else major.

One more thing: I opened the Scout w/speeder pack a few weeks ago finally. Didn't pay a lot of attention to the scout, but really liked it. After a close study a few days ago b/c my friend had the VTSC/TAC mold out, I absolutely love this scout figure!! Very cool paint variations made. A little bit harder to stand up sometimes, my only gripe, but otherwise - these guys are my elites. Time to bust out some IG-88 rifles!! (Which means I'll have to unbury my tub like an Egyptian archaeological dig :-)
    Last edited by bikerscout; 01-27-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: me!!!!!!!

Meet-up update...
    JT: Any, busy Feb 2nd, Feb 4th, Feb 10th. Maximum drive distance unlimited.
    Bikerscout: Wednesdays and Thursdays, but not Jan 30th. Max drive, 45 miles.
    Bran: Weekends, has some filled. Distance unknown.
    Maradona: Weekends, any evenings, busy Jan 25th. Max drive unlimited.
    Chuxter: Schedule unknown. Distance unknown. Helpful as ever.
    Bel-Cam: Weekends, prefer Sundays, busy Jan 26h, Feb 2nd and 3rd. Unlimited drive.

For us west-siders, any thoughts on carpooling?

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    As far as the meetup - off Weds & Thurs, however next Wed. 30th is out. If possible, I wouldn't want to drive farther than Ontario. I live in the valley.

Unrelated note: I'm a sucker for Top Gun and will be seeing it in Imax 3D next month for the 6 day limited engagement. Anyone else is welcome to join. One of my all time fave movies.

I hadn't heard about Top Gun in 3D Imax, kind of odd that they'd use not one but two formats it wasn't made for at the same time. I don't think I could take that homoerotic volleyball scene in 3D Imax but let us know how the movie is.

Time to bust out some IG-88 rifles!!
    Battlefront sniper-class style?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The weekend of Tet is out for me (February 9-10).

My daughter also keeps changing her mind on whether she wants to participate in a fun run on, IIRC, the 23rd.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The weekend of Tet is out for me (February 9-10).

My daughter also keeps changing her mind on whether she wants to participate in a fun run on, IIRC, the 23rd.
    Ok, should I assume from these comments that you are also a "Weekends only" person in this endeavor? You haven't directly said yet, nor I think did you mention max drive distance.

Meet-up update...
    JT: Any, busy Feb 2nd, Feb 4th, Feb 10th. Maximum drive distance unlimited.
    Bikerscout: Wednesdays and Thursdays, but not Jan 30th. Max drive, 45 miles.
    Bran: Weekends, has some filled. Distance unknown.
    Maradona: Weekends, any evenings, busy Jan 25th. Max drive unlimited.
    Chuxter: Busy Feb 9-10th, Feb 23rd. Distance unknown.
    Bel-Cam: Weekends, prefer Sundays, busy Jan 26h, Feb 2nd and 3rd. Unlimited drive.

I think this is starting to look like 2 meetups, one with Bikerscout during the week since me and Maradona can meet him (assuming he wakes up on time ), and a larger meeting without Bikerscout since the rest are weekends which he can't do.

Weekends are preferable, particularly with the drive. I drop off and pick up my daughter from school, which puts a damper on my weekday plans, though lunch might be doable so long as I can get out early. Evenings might also work. I'd prefer not to go further than the OC, but, depending on the time, it might be negotiable.

If we're looking out that far, I think the first weekend in March is out for me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    If we're looking out that far, I think the first weekend in March is out for me.
    Yeah, and the first couple weeks of June are out for me, too.

My issues are work related (school gets out at 3:00pm M-F, and heading into the LA nether regions gets tough 'round then); that's why Sat. or Sun. are my most effective days, with less stuff usually on Sundays than that day that's alright for fighting or in the park (I think it was the fourth of July [also likely a day I can't meet] ).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

If you guys do a wknd meetup and I can't make it -that's fine. If a Wed/Thurs meetup becomes a go - I'll drive farther than Ontario if necessary. Not too big a deal. I threw in the distance measure in case we met on a day i have work, so easier to drive back & get some Zzzs.