Page 972 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 4728729229629689699709719729739749759769821022 ... LastLast
Results 9,711 to 9,720 of 10288

Culver TRU had the new Hasbro kiddy 12-inch figures, ep 2 Anakin and Clone Trooper - these are cute at $13 I think they'll work with a more varied assortment, but I think Hasbro could have done a little better on the Anakin flesh paint, and used ball-jointed shoulders and removable accessories.

Culver TRU also had the new Class 2 vehicles for $22 a pop, what a joke. I picked up the Jedi Starfighter box and it felt empty it was so lightweight, the other boxes felt like they at least had cardboard in there.

And they had the new Class 1 vehicles but does anybody care about these?

La Cienega Target had JACK SQUAT.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Weekends are preferable, particularly with the drive. I drop off and pick up my daughter from school, which puts a damper on my weekday plans, though lunch might be doable so long as I can get out early. Evenings might also work. I'd prefer not to go further than the OC, but, depending on the time, it might be negotiable.

If we're looking out that far, I think the first weekend in March is out for me.
    How far west would you be willing to go on the 10 fwy towards LA, rather than heading towards OC?

I obviously don't want you to be late for picking up your kid, and I think only you, me, and Bikerscout are free in the early part of any weekdays. If you're into doing evenings though, we'd be able to at least add Maradona to that list. Thanks for the additional details.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Yeah, and the first couple weeks of June are out for me, too.

My issues are work related (school gets out at 3:00pm M-F, and heading into the LA nether regions gets tough 'round then); that's why Sat. or Sun. are my most effective days, with less stuff usually on Sundays than that day that's alright for fighting or in the park (I think it was the fourth of July [also likely a day I can't meet] ).
    All of 3014 is out for me, I'll be mining the moon for lunar sapphires.

Heh heh, nether regions.

Saturday night is alright for fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    If you guys do a wknd meetup and I can't make it -that's fine. If a Wed/Thurs meetup becomes a go - I'll drive farther than Ontario if necessary. Not too big a deal. I threw in the distance measure in case we met on a day i have work, so easier to drive back & get some Zzzs.
    Kewl beans, I'll keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/excl...medium=twitter

I wonder if this is what killed Droid Factory.
    That's wild, and yet I'm not remotely surprised after the utter fizzle of hype that the 3D release of TPM generated. I highly doubt that's why Droid Factory got tanked though, the 3rd quarter packaging and focus is still on the 3D releases after all. I believe 'em when they said droid parts were going to be too expensive, if JabbaJohn's list for the first 2 Droid Factory waves was correct they were not budgeting carefully, too many figures at once, so those droid parts on top of that was going to be too expensive. If you think about it, every figure's major part - arm halves, head, torso halves, leg halves - runs about 90 cents now with a figure that's $10 a piece.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Culver TRU had the new Hasbro kiddy 12-inch figures, ep 2 Anakin and Clone Trooper - these are cute at $13 I think they'll work with a more varied assortment, but I think Hasbro could have done a little better on the Anakin flesh paint, and used ball-jointed shoulders and removable accessories.
    I'm not interested in buying these. I think they are only trying to compete with Gentle Giant's jumbo KENNER figures now that they've seen a market for these. GG is going OT KENNER figures, so Hasbro is doing new PT figures.

I've never even seen pictures of these (and don't care to) but I wouldn't be surprised if they are kiddie figures done in the KENNER style for the PT.

Other than that - if they are a kiddie line, they are NOT supposed to care about the paint aps as they are part of the motiff. Was anyone here too much of a particular about the paint aps on their Galactic Heroes / Jedi Force figures?

Culver TRU also had the new Class 2 vehicles for $22 a pop, what a joke. I picked up the Jedi Starfighter box and it felt empty it was so lightweight, the other boxes felt like they at least had cardboard in there.

And they had the new Class 1 vehicles but does anybody care about these?
    No I do not care about these. I saw them at Target and left them as well as the class 2 vehicles which are a disgrace to the history of this hobby [if and only if full size class 2 NEW product like Hondo's vehicles are never produced].
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Chaddy cares about the class 1 fleet, but he already has what he's looking for, so there's no need to report sightings to him.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Chaddy cares about the class 1 fleet, but he already has what he's looking for, so there's no need to report sightings to him.
    Truth. All I wanted was that Yoda ship. Pretty sure I never need another Yoda, either.

Anyone looking at those 6" figures? I am not. They look great. I'm not interested in a new line.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I'll wait to see on the 6" Black Series line, but I'm not sure if I'll want to jump into a new scale at this point.

Meetup update:

I'm thinking Sunday, February 17th could be a working date for this, nobody mentioned that being busy that specific weekend except Bikerscout who just can't do weekends at all. Of course, some of you married types might have valentines weekend plans.

If we're all in agreement, the question becomes "where".
    - We could do it out here on the west side where there's a lot of options, but that means Chux and Bel-Cam have to do a lot more driving, although they say that's not a big deal for them, and sunday traffic in LA is non-existent usually.
    - We could meet at San Gabriel or Covina Clearmann's North Woods Inn which would be a bit closer to them, but that is a big expensive.
    - Chux suggested a Chicago-style sandwich/hot dog place in Buena Park that he likes, we could try to get into Disneyland too I suppose for those who have annual passes.
    - There's a nice Sizzler off the 10 in Baldwin Park, but that might be too mainstream.
    - Any other reasonable suggestions? ("reasonable" being the key word for you jokesters )

JT: Any, busy Feb 2nd, Feb 4th, Feb 10th. Maximum drive distance unlimited.
    Bikerscout: Wednesdays and Thursdays, but not Jan 30th. Max drive, 45 miles.
    Bran: Weekends, has some filled. Distance unknown.
    Maradona: Weekends, any evenings, busy Jan 25th. Max drive unlimited.
    Chuxter: Busy Feb 9-10th, Feb 23rd. Distance unknown.
    Bel-Cam: Weekends, prefer Sundays, busy Jan 26h, Feb 2nd and 3rd. Unlimited drive.

Meetup update:

I'm thinking Sunday, February 17th could be a working date for this, nobody mentioned that being busy that specific weekend except Bikerscout who just can't do weekends at all. Of course, some of you married types might have valentines weekend plans.

If we're all in agreement, the question becomes "where".
    - We could do it out here on the west side where there's a lot of options, but that means Chux and Bel-Cam have to do a lot more driving, although they say that's not a big deal for them, and sunday traffic in LA is non-existent usually.
    - We could meet at San Gabriel or Covina Clearmann's North Woods Inn which would be a bit closer to them, but that is a big expensive.
    - Chux suggested a Chicago-style sandwich/hot dog place in Buena Park that he likes, we could try to get into Disneyland too I suppose for those who have annual passes.
    - There's a nice Sizzler off the 10 in Baldwin Park, but that might be too mainstream.
    - Any other reasonable suggestions? ("reasonable" being the key word for you jokesters )

JT: Any, busy Feb 2nd, Feb 4th, Feb 10th. Maximum drive distance unlimited.
    Bikerscout: Wednesdays and Thursdays, but not Jan 30th. Max drive, 45 miles.
    Bran: Weekends, has some filled. Distance unknown.
    Maradona: Weekends, any evenings, busy Jan 25th. Max drive unlimited.
    Chuxter: Busy Feb 9-10th, Feb 23rd. Distance unknown.
    Bel-Cam: Weekends, prefer Sundays, busy Jan 26h, Feb 2nd and 3rd. Unlimited drive.
    The 17th is a good day for me. The next day is a holiday, so no work for some, including us teachers (looking at you Bel-Cam).

Might work for me as well. I'll check with my schedule when I talk to her.

The thing I thought was on the weekend 22nd is actually that weekend, but it's out. But it turns out the 22nd is actually worse than I thought, so seems the same.

I'm open to pretty much anything, food-wise. Not a big fan of Sizzler, though.

Not sure how far everyone is from Pasadena (or where they have other locations), but Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles is quite good.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    The 17th is a good day for me. The next day is a holiday, so no work for some, including us teachers (looking at you Bel-Cam).
    I think I can do that (in fact, I'll be checking off a bucket list item on the 18th by seeing the Harlem Globetrotters in person then! ). I'm easy when it comes to "where," as long as the food's not rancid, spoiled, bloody, or vegan-only.

[edit] I had an idea. This is a Star Wars site. We're looking for a place to eat, in the LA region. What about Hamburger Hamlet? Is that place still around? We could comment on the long lines to see a film about... President Lincoln?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."