Page 974 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 4748749249649709719729739749759769779789841024 ... LastLast
Results 9,731 to 9,740 of 10377
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I think if it's a White Elephant exchange, it could be fun. Everyone brings a mystery item and we trade them blind, and then we can swap ours for someone else's if they are interested? Of course, I don't think I can make it... And am not entirely sure I was invited... This is quickly becoming embarassing. I'll shuttup now.
    why would you think you're not invited? You're part of our socal crew, that was the only criteria. If you can't make Sunday, we are also thinking of doing a mid week one with bikerscout which you'd be invited to as well.

I like the idea of white elephant with some old extra figures. We all have extra figures that we don't really need, I know I sure do.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh man. I should drive up for this thing.

I love He-Man Luke and Monkey Face Leia for the memories and nostalgic value to me. I know you guys don't appreciate them like I do. And Han and Chewie and muscle suit Vader...

Dude I still remember 1995 and first getting these and playing with them on my desk dreaming that in a new line they'd finally make characters like Wedge and Tarkin. And then...2 storage units full later, WHY THE HECK DO THEY HAVE TO COMPLICATE MY LIFE BY MAKING MORE MOVIES?????

Where will I put the Episode 7 stuff?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

If it's on a Sunday and at either of the Pasadena venues mentioned, I may be able to come.

We'll also need to get in a SoCal SSG crew picture. For posterity's sake...

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Oh man. I should drive up for this thing.
    I'll make sure to post final details in advance for anybody who wants to come that hasn't confirmed yet, but confirmation would make it easier to make these plans obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    If it's on a Sunday and at either of the Pasadena venues mentioned, I may be able to come.
    Great deal! Thoughts on doing a figure exchange?

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    We'll also need to get in a SoCal SSG crew picture. For posterity's sake...
    I'll bring a light tripod and a pocket camera I guess.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Target La Cienega had Transformers Beast Hunters deluxes, voyagers, and Cyberverse vehicles. Target La Brea had same minus voyagers. Neither store had new SW of any kind, but were clearancing out TVC pegwarmers (La Brea it was Battle Droids for $8, La Cienega I think was Quinlan Vos for $7 or 8; both had Special 3packs for $18).

JT, I wish I could both afford the time and the gas $$ for the drive, but that doesn't look particularly probable right now.

I am putting a lot, as in thousands, into my litarary (non)career in hopes of creating some success (which is what every successful writer does before they are successful (though there's no garauntee in any fledgling author's case).

This year, I'll be paid up getting absolutely everything I have finished writing (2 novels) completely edited by a well-recognized professional I get some respect for hiring to help me. Then I'll only have to worry about a couple of trips to New York and hotels for SoCal conferences because it will take me over a year (most likely) to get a 3rd novel done where I would start paying for editorial services on that one.

The above (TM) information was stated only because I pour every cent I don't even have into my projects pretty much.

I am coming up to LA for a rock concert around April 19th or 20th - I have to check which one is in LA, and due to not wanting to fight traffic, I'll be arriving up there as early as the late morning / noon time with little else to do. I'll inform this group and maybe someone will want to meet me?

Beyond that, I want to go to Chicago and visit BobaFrett and go to some baseball games with him. So I'm saving every cent I can.

I'm actually feeling good about having some financial relief from Star Wars, Transformers, Star Trek, and Terminator products I might want to buy since there was nothing at Toy Fair (almost - maybe 4 Transformers) that interested me and nothing at SideShow that I have on-order right now.

It possibly might entice me to spend my toy money On My Toy Collection in three new areas I've been waiting for (if possible):

On Transformers I missed that are only available by import from Asian countries, and on new display cases to put my Star Wars dioramas in, and the art supplies to create the environments like Coruscant or Geonosis that they are engaged in.

With today's inflation, it could cost me a few thousand for the display furniture I need for my diorama plans.

No new product I'm interested in, frees me to invest in displaying the old product that I've loved and longed to see set up!

I want to invite folks over when they're in San Diego (for Comic Con or other reasons) when I've got things arranged here the way I've always wished they were, but right now and for the last few years I've been focused on my writing.*

*When I'm done with the 2nd novel, I'll have a genre and a modern example of my work and the solicitation material done and ready to roll with for any writers conference and I can take a break from the intensity on which I've put on that work to do something with my living quarters. Until that 2nd novel's ready, I've only encountered misery when I've split my focus.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Headed south for Tet, which, unfortunately, turned out to be the semi-standard "sitting at my in-law's place while they watch annoying s*** on Nick Jr" for two days. On the way home, I stopped at every Marshalls and TJ Maxx that wasn't too far out of my way (as well as several Ross and Big Lots locations, just in case) and found none of the discount store Joes.

I did find the Retaliation Wave 3 figures (I'm basing this off Entertainment Earth's site) at the Temecula and Moreno Valley Targets. Temecula had all of them (operative word being "had"; I left Ninja Duel Snake Eyes, Sneak Attack Storm Shadow, Firefly, Flint, and a couple of Battle Kata Roadblocks). MoVal had the ones I'd left in Temecula as well as one Cyber Ninja. Both had the new, uh, whatever they're calling the dark blue VAMP re-do, but I didn't think it was a $31 vehicle by any stretch of the imagination.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Beaumont WM restocked FOC Transformers pretty well for anyone coming through the area. I got the only Blaster, but there was one Grimlock left as of 30 minutes ago, and a few each of Sideswipe, Starscream, Ultra Magnus, and Kickback.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Sure, I'll burn 180.4 miles of gas, tires, and brakes for the slim chance at finding a figure you just said was mediocre.

So, for our lunch we're looking at this Sunday, Feb 17th, at 3pm at the Pasadena Hamburger Hamlet located at 214 S. Lake Ave. , Pasadena, CA 91101, 2 small blocks south of Colorado Blvd.

That sound good to everybody?