Page 975 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 4758759259659719729739749759769779789799851025 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,750 of 10359
    I'll be there! Has there been a decision on the White Bantha gift giving option yet?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

So, for our lunch we're looking at this Sunday, Feb 17th, at 3pm at the Pasadena Hamburger Hamlet located at 214 S. Lake Ave. , Pasadena, CA 91101, 2 small blocks south of Colorado Blvd.

That sound good to everybody?
    I'll be there.

So, for our lunch we're looking at this Sunday, Feb 17th, at 3pm at the Pasadena Hamburger Hamlet located at 214 S. Lake Ave. , Pasadena, CA 91101, 2 small blocks south of Colorado Blvd.

That sound good to everybody?
    I'll try to make it. JT - I'll text you either way, but my plan is to be there.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Excellent, glad to hear so many nods!

We haven't had full consensus on the White Bantha thing yet but it's looking likely:
    Maradona - yes
    JT - yes
    Bel-Cam - yes
    Chaddy - yes
    Chuxter - "ambivalent"
    Figgy B - _______ (no comment yet)

Anybody else I'm forgetting?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Excellent, glad to hear so many nods!

We haven't had full consensus on the White Bantha thing yet but it's looking likely:
    Maradona - yes
    JT - yes
    Bel-Cam - yes
    Chaddy - yes
    Chuxter - "ambivalent"
    Figgy B - _______ (no comment yet)

Anybody else I'm forgetting?
    I'll bring a white bantha gift and trade with whoever else does.

99% sure of yes. Let me check with my better(-looking) half and confirm she hasn't planned something without my knowledge.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I'll bring a white bantha gift and trade with whoever else does.
    Yes! I've got mine picked out already. Should we wrap 'em or bring 'em in opaque bags or something? The fun is in the reveal, I guess - I've never actually done White Elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    99% sure of yes. Let me check with my better(-looking) half and confirm she hasn't planned something without my knowledge.
    WTF? This timing was based on your schedule and only NOW are you checking with her? Yeesh, no wonder wives have to nag husbands!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, there's different versions. In one, you go down into a cellar, and the gun has just one bullet, so you-
    WAIT! Wrong "game," sorry.

One version is just a simple exchange, no order involved, as long as you get a different gift than you arrived with (usually still wrapped or in a gift bag).
    Another gives you a certain number (often no more than 2) of times where you can "steal" another person's gift (either in unopened boxes/bags guessing at what's the "cool" prize, or knowing what the item is and trade yours for it); by the end, you're stuck with whatever's left.
    You can assign each bag/box a number, then someone picks a number to start and you go to the right or left from then.
    I'd go with a simple put 'em on a table, you pick one that's not what you brung.

I'm stuck on which to bring: my dented Wal*Mart damaged E1 Chancellor Valorum with missing staff, or my 12-back 96%-graded vinyl cape Jawa. :decisions:
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Well, there's different versions. In one, you go down into a cellar, and the gun has just one bullet, so you-
    WAIT! Wrong "game," sorry.

One version is just a simple exchange, no order involved, as long as you get a different gift than you arrived with (usually still wrapped or in a gift bag).
    Another gives you a certain number (often no more than 2) of times where you can "steal" another person's gift (either in unopened boxes/bags guessing at what's the "cool" prize, or knowing what the item is and trade yours for it); by the end, you're stuck with whatever's left.
    You can assign each bag/box a number, then someone picks a number to start and you go to the right or left from then.
    I'd go with a simple put 'em on a table, you pick one that's not what you brung.

I'm stuck on which to bring: my dented Wal*Mart damaged E1 Chancellor Valorum with missing staff, or my 12-back 96%-graded vinyl cape Jawa. :decisions:
    The way we played is we'd pick a number to assign order and then whoever was number 1 went first, picked a gift and got to open it. We all enjoy what the item is... of course, number 2 then gets to pick and if they don't like what they opened, they get to steal number 1's gift. Then number 3 gets to pick, and if they don't like what they got, they can exchange it for either 1 or 2's gift... and so on. So that the last person really gets their pick of the litter. And then, afterwards, you can try and trade with other people who might be willing to exchange for your item. In the end, the process is more fun than the actual gifting, which isn't the point anyway.

12-back vinyl jawa? dude, don't try to dump your old trash on us. That's not the point of this.

Geez....

eatz

Probably can't make it Sunday. Goin to an event at USC, my friend asked me a few weeks ago and now time has flown and it's already this wknd!
    Sh. oaks TJ maxx had a few TF prime vehicons and a few other TF and marvel IM figs and odds & ends. Ross i went to later in Panr. city had nothing at all.
    My Bond 50 bluray box set arrived from amazon today. Woohoo! Since i grabbed Skyfall on tues, I now have all 23 Bond flicks. Amazon has a good sale on those 2 items this week if anyone's interested. Tax refund coming soon, guess i bought my treats early ha. No regrets. The prices will not go any lower & if they do, it'll be a very long time.