We have to do it again sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
Amazon delivered FOC Grimlock to my door... and in hindsight I think they should have saved me from that mistake. What a piece of CRAP! I'll take the rest of that to the TF thread.

That line sounds like a key line from Goldfinger, the book character (the book's 3 parts are named after them): "Mr. Bond, they have a saying in Chicago: 'Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action.'"

This was the second year in a row they used this online system and the second year it FAILED MISERABLY. I suspect they do want a better process, they just don't have a clue of how to do that because they've become old suits on a non-profit's board rather than boots-on-the-ground geeks. Their lack of links suggests to me that they really have no clue of what's going on. You could argue that's willful negligence on their parts by letting themselves become complacent execu-jerks, but it's difficult for one to see one's self from an objective perspective, I think. We'll probably all discuss this in an hour and a half at lunch though.

Wow, that's really awful, you were in the stupid Epic waiting room and it didn't do ANYTHING?!? Geez, sorry man.
Yep, I was in that wait room and it didn't do anything. I'm hardly the only one this happened to. I'm sorry but that is just inexcusable. On that wait room screen, it says to contact them by phone if there are any difficulties only instead of posting the number right there, they want you to click on a Facebook link to get that number. Of course, not everyone has Facebook. The entire process is just getting worse and worse.