Page 981 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 4818819319719779789799809819829839849859911031 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,810 of 10341
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'd be more impressed if John McClane supported that statement.

The face sculpt on MP Soundwave is inspired by the cartoon, yet the eyes are yellow like the toy, it's a bit confusing and I think they should have gone with swappable heads, a sharper more angular head like the toy and the original MP's cartoon face. Also it should come with a free gold bar.
    Well, the domestic price will be easier to swallow, but sure - I'll always take a gold bar.

Sorry about the profanity - I assumed the swear filter would catch it. I won't assume - that just makes a donkey out of you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Well, the domestic price will be easier to swallow, but sure - I'll always take a gold bar.

Sorry about the profanity - I assumed the swear filter would catch it. I won't assume - that just makes a donkey out of you and me.
    Since you guys are talking about prices/value for MP TFs, it reminded me of how much it stinks to have the light up electronics not work with US MP Grimlock after paying $75+ for it.

I hope soundwave & acid storm won't be too htf
    Last edited by bikerscout; 03-07-2013 at 08:11 AM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Since you guys are talking about prices/value for MP TFs, it reminded me of how much it stinks to have the light up electronics not work with US MP Grimlock after paying $75+ for it.
    Yours broke, too? Yeah, that sucks. Frustrates me too. But it's still an awesome mold, so, whatever. Maybe someday I'll find a replacement limb for cheap.

Yours broke, too? Yeah, that sucks. Frustrates me too. But it's still an awesome mold, so, whatever. Maybe someday I'll find a replacement limb for cheap.
    I won't say it worked to begin with. I think when it was shipped or packed the cords were damaged. Iirc it was common problem with the US Grimlocks. JT should know exactly what happened. I don't believe it's an easy fix either, the wiring is complicated and iirc, it needs to be replaced for it to work

I won't say it worked to begin with. I think when it was shipped or packed the cords were damaged. Iirc it was common problem with the US Grimlocks. JT should know exactly what happened. I don't believe it's an easy fix either, the wiring is complicated and iirc, it needs to be replaced for it to work
    Yeah, I tried fixing mine and made it worse. Only common with the US ones, though? That's interesting... when I opened mine up, it looked like a pretty severe design flaw, as opposed to poor QC. I admit, for the money, the electronics should have worked, but it's still one of my favorite toys.

If true, it's a shame Hasbro dropped the ball on this one when they were so good at fixing the issues with the US releases of Rodimus and Prime. I vaguely remembering hearing of some issues with MP Soundwave, but can't remember what they were.

Gold bars for everyone! (*who matters)

I dunno why that got through, I think it's happened before, but one should really make sure that it gets caught none the less so there ya have it, making jackasses out of assumptions.

I hope soundwave & acid storm won't be too htf
    Soundwave will be in hot demand but I suspect they'll do a good order on it. That said, I plan on preordering online as I've never seen MP10 Optimus in stores. Acid Storm I suspect will be a very low order run.

Yeah, I tried fixing mine and made it worse. Only common with the US ones, though? That's interesting... when I opened mine up, it looked like a pretty severe design flaw, as opposed to poor QC. I admit, for the money, the electronics should have worked, but it's still one of my favorite toys.

If true, it's a shame Hasbro dropped the ball on this one when they were so good at fixing the issues with the US releases of Rodimus and Prime. I vaguely remembering hearing of some issues with MP Soundwave, but can't remember what they were.
    I've heard of Grimlock's LED wire breaking from the poor swivel design (not enough clearance for the short wires to avoid getting pulled out of the LED in the fist), but I haven't experienced that problem myself. This should be fixable if you have soldering skills though, surprised to hear taking it apart made it worse - I'm guessing probably due to the way the wires and tech are threaded through the arm segments.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Gold bars for everyone! (*who matters)

I dunno why that got through, I think it's happened before, but one should really make sure that it gets caught none the less so there ya have it, making jackasses out of assumptions.

Soundwave will be in hot demand but I suspect they'll do a good order on it. That said, I plan on preordering online as I've never seen MP10 Optimus in stores. Acid Storm I suspect will be a very low order run.

I've heard of Grimlock's LED wire breaking from the poor swivel design (not enough clearance for the short wires to avoid getting pulled out of the LED in the fist), but I haven't experienced that problem myself. This should be fixable if you have soldering skills though, surprised to hear taking it apart made it worse - I'm guessing probably due to the way the wires and tech are threaded through the arm segments.
    JT - Do you think you could fix mine? I'd be one super happy camper! I'm glad to hear yours works.

That is precisely why it gets worse. Once the connection breaks, there's not enough wire to resolder it cleanly. Plus, because of the plastic and the shallow clearance, the plastic itself starts to melt. It was a game of back and forth that ultimately ended in tears.

JT - Do you think you could fix mine? I'd be one super happy camper! I'm glad to hear yours works.
    I wish I could, but I have horrible, mediocre soldering skills and all that equipment is packed up (and archaic). Sorry.

That is precisely why it gets worse. Once the connection breaks, there's not enough wire to resolder it cleanly. Plus, because of the plastic and the shallow clearance, the plastic itself starts to melt. It was a game of back and forth that ultimately ended in tears.
    I was thinking the wire should be replaced with a longer one anyway.

As for the plastic melting, that's awful news, sorry to hear it. The picture I saw had the LED board removed from the fist to avoid such melting. I would think the new kind of soldering guns where they only heat for an instant might help here, but I've never actually used one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I checked my MP Grimlock and the lights on mine no longer work too. I haven't used a solder since middle school so my skills are probably really horrible as well.