Page 982 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 4828829329729789799809819829839849859869921032 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,820 of 10415

huntz

Friday: Accompanied by noneother than the Darkknight, I checked out van nuys Tru. Found a few older tvc figs that were still 1/2 price, but the bogo50 was over. Got a darth sidious, quinlan (who I vowed for the longest time i wouldn't get, but the price was right), and a bd. Also got another bd from a trade with the Darkknight(4516?)

Sat: Had the bug to hunt to find more tvc so I did my old Southbay route. It was easy for me to hit the 405 after work, so I did it. Hit 2 TRUs, a Ross, a Walmart, a Target and a Kmart. Picked up 2 more BDs from the Trus. The other stores were duds and I skipped 2 Targets since the last 5+ stores I went to from that chain had no Tvc. I did get some supplies I needed though and found out about an upcoming bluray sale.

Sun: On a tip from a reaaalllly awesome friend I picked up a Malgus stashed at Weho target. Unpunched! But wavy card. Was 9.99. Not clearance priced anymore b/c apparently the dcpi was changed, but I really can't complain. Now I have 2. Still some wave 3 tvc at that Target. On the way home I hit Noho target. No tvc, nothing great. But I did find a Thanos/Adam warlock comic pack and I stashed it in case anyone needed it. PM, text or call for details.

Lol, I still have Tvc fever from these past 2 weeks! Such is the thrill of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I checked my MP Grimlock and the lights on mine no longer work too. I haven't used a solder since middle school so my skills are probably really horrible as well.
    Did yours just age out, or what? Have you been transforming it or articulating it and just not using the LED gimmick?

I'd suggest removing the batteries from your Grimlocks if you aren't planning on fixing him soon, LR44s can leak.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Friday: Accompanied by noneother than the Darkknight, I checked out van nuys Tru. Found a few older tvc figs that were still 1/2 price, but the bogo50 was over. Got a darth sidious, quinlan (who I vowed for the longest time i wouldn't get, but the price was right), and a bd. Also got another bd from a trade with the Darkknight(4516?)

Sat: Had the bug to hunt to find more tvc so I did my old Southbay route. It was easy for me to hit the 405 after work, so I did it. Hit 2 TRUs, a Ross, a Walmart, a Target and a Kmart. Picked up 2 more BDs from the Trus. The other stores were duds and I skipped 2 Targets since the last 5+ stores I went to from that chain had no Tvc. I did get some supplies I needed though and found out about an upcoming bluray sale.

Sun: On a tip from a reaaalllly awesome friend I picked up a Malgus stashed at Weho target. Unpunched! But wavy card. Was 9.99. Not clearance priced anymore b/c apparently the dcpi was changed, but I really can't complain. Now I have 2. Still some wave 3 tvc at that Target. On the way home I hit Noho target. No tvc, nothing great. But I did find a Thanos/Adam warlock comic pack and I stashed it in case anyone needed it. PM, text or call for details.

Lol, I still have Tvc fever from these past 2 weeks! Such is the thrill of hunting.
    HA! So that proves it, Hasbro can reenergize the collector base... just release a bunch of figures for $10 and then drop the price in half.

Nice get on Malgus.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, I spoke too soon. Turns out that I had removed the batteries around a year ago.

I picked up FOC Blaster over the weekend but passed on the Autobot tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, I spoke too soon. Turns out that I had removed the batteries around a year ago.

I picked up FOC Blaster over the weekend but passed on the Autobot tapes.
    Ha! That's a good reason for it not working then.

Why pass on the Blaster minions? You're already saddled with the worst one in the box.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Anybody up for an LA-area get-together on a Wednesday or Thursday? Those are the days when Bikerscout can make it, and since he didn't get to join us last time it seems like we should aim towards something he can make this time. I'm thinking evenings since that's a work day for most folks.

Perhaps. Summer would probably be better, due to school schedules.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Perhaps. Summer would probably be better, due to school schedules.
    Of course, we shouldn't expect everybody who made it last time can make it this time, so we'll just have to keep doing these every once in a while until we get it right.

I can't next week, but am more than willing the week after. Maybe we can get together at Wonder Con. Are you going, Bikerscout?

Big thanks to Chaddy for hooking me up. Eject is better than Frenzy & Rumble, and Ramhorn is awesome. The sculpts on the AT-ST pilots are surprisingly accurate since they're based on Marquand and Watts (those are both the character names and the actors who played them, the director and producer on the movie).

Target WeHo had TVC Luke Hoth, and TF Generations Grimlock, Soundwave, and Soundblaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I can't next week, but am more than willing the week after. Maybe we can get together at Wonder Con. Are you going, Bikerscout?
    That'd be cool if he was, but it's on Easter weekend so I'm not counting on it, I know a lot of folks aren't going to be able to make it because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Big thanks to Chaddy for hooking me up. Eject is better than Frenzy & Rumble, and Ramhorn is awesome. The sculpts on the AT-ST pilots are surprisingly accurate since they're based on Marquand and Watts (those are both the character names and the actors who played them, the director and producer on the movie).
    Thank YOU for the TF Smokescreen and lively lunchtime conversation. Smoke is very fiddly and super thin, but he's solid in both modes and as cool as I'd hoped he'd be. I would DEFINITELY get a Prowl version of this mold.