Page 986 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 486886936976982983984985986987988989990996 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,860 of 10343
    In Upland, off the 210 freeway, there's now a TRU opened, and they had a %-off deal for their grand opening; I actually found figures I had an interest in (Vintage Cracken and Evazan), plus an on-sale older Lego mini ship/planet set (Sebulba's pod racer/Tatooine; which came with an extra Sebulba mini fig ). The sale's still good for a couple days, IIRC (they were handing out fliers/coupons at the door).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Friday was nothing at:
    La Cienega TRU
    Crenshaw WM
    La Cienega Target
    Fox Hills Target
    Culver City TRU
    Culver City Target

Pretty sad state of affairs that Hasbro has left us in.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sad? I have nothing making me feel bad like I won't have enough money for my toy hobby while I divert money towards my publishing and selling my own fiction-adventure novels and go to some rock concerts and baseball games I'm really looking forward to.

Eventually, there will be Voyager sized Springer and Blitzwing figures that I'm interested in, and perhaps a SideShow General Grievous.

Hasbro can always tempt me if they do something with Cyclonus, Scourge, and Galvatron in a large enough scale (Voyager or larger).

And of course they can get me back to Star Wars with obscure character figures or new never-made-outfits for secondary characters like Padme and Bail Organa.

And SideShow can make the Weequay, Nikto, Lando General and Leia (red Bespin gown) figures that I desire, besides Grievous' Body Guard Droids and more 1/6 scale cantina aliens that have never been made before like Labrina - or Nute Gunray and Senator Palpatine from TPM.

The 6" collection could offer Luke Bespin, a Snowtrooper, and Qui-Gon.

The 3 3/4" collection could offer vehicles in the regular scale that weren't ever made before - including some Clone Wars ones or go with Jabba's Sailbarge as a super-sized vehicle.

Yeah. That could happen. And I'd be very happy to talk about it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Friday was nothing at:
    La Cienega TRU
    Crenshaw WM
    La Cienega Target
    Fox Hills Target
    Culver City TRU
    Culver City Target

Pretty sad state of affairs that Hasbro has left us in.
    OUCH. To look on the bright side as Tycho was saying, this frees up $ for movie & concert tix, blurays, and music, among other things. You can also look at it this way, a good time to get out of collecting, or downsize, sell-off and get rid of stuff. Save space. Or you could keep collecting and focus on Vintage or GG or SS. Many different options. I still have tons of stuff to open SW and TF, so I'll be occupied. (And no Chad, I haven't opened MP TC, Prime, and the smaller deluxes <ducks tomatoes> :-D )

Thanks for understanding Bikerscout. But I'm not getting out of collecting. I'm keeping what I have and Can enjoy opening things I have never yet gotten too Later I can buy display cabinets and set up my daughter llamas while being able to pay for the art supplies to make the landscapes and backgrounds.

(Dioramas - Can't go back and correct but I do not have daughters or llamas)

Meanwhile a live production of the Addams family is going down in San Diego and I think I might be able to check that out. Like biker Scout and I agree there are baseball games concerts and other things to spend money on. In another 10 years I will start downsizing my collection I have because you can't take it with you and I will not have that much room. Plus I'll probably get stuff from the new movieS
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    OUCH. To look on the bright side as Tycho was saying, this frees up $ for movie & concert tix, blurays, and music, among other things. You can also look at it this way, a good time to get out of collecting, or downsize, sell-off and get rid of stuff. Save space. Or you could keep collecting and focus on Vintage or GG or SS. Many different options. I still have tons of stuff to open SW and TF, so I'll be occupied. (And no Chad, I haven't opened MP TC, Prime, and the smaller deluxes <ducks tomatoes> :-D )
    First off, nice to see you around. Secondly, WTF are you not opening your figures for?!? CRAZY PERSON! You've had TC for 8 months, since August 28th! (you got it on my birthday, easy to remember), what if it's defective???

Third, I guess but when I'm home working and want a break, I had been using SW and TF collecting to use that break, to socialize with you guys here on the forums. I don't like movies that much anymore, don't buy a lot of dvds and music and games anymore, don't really have any concerts I want to go to lately. I also don't do vintage, and the premium stuff is so expensive that I can't really get into it. Moreover, I tried this last year with the artwork when Hasbro had a lot of downtime, but it turns out framing artwork is expensive and kinda difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Geez, man...
    No kidding, we need to ambush him and open his figures.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No kidding, we need to ambush him and open his figures.
    I really want to compare my Takara MP-10 with his Hasbro version. Yeah, let's ambush him.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

But only his Optimus set, not mine? I see how it is!

That reminds me, right before Easter I was trying to see if we could get together with Bikerscout on one of his days off, but got derailed by holiday planning.

But only his Optimus set, not mine? I see how it is!

That reminds me, right before Easter I was trying to see if we could get together with Bikerscout on one of his days off, but got derailed by holiday planning.
    Oh yeah. We should still do that.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!