Page 988 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 4888889389789849859869879889899909919929981038 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,880 of 10414
    So, after my Southbay run, I got home and saw that Disneyland was having an Annual Passholder special event last night, first look at the Iron Man experience in Tomorrowland and 2 hours of Tomorrowland time after park close. So I drove back south to Disneyland at 7pm, kicking myself for not simply going when I thought "hey, I'm halfway there anyway" earlier in the day. I got into the park around 8:45p and walked up to Innoventions only to find they had given away the entire allotment of wristbands for Tomorrowland after-hours (which I saw no mention of online being limited), but they did let me up to see the Iron Man thing. And it was lame, I expect we'll see this at the SDCC booth, it's just fiberglass recreations of the armor in a small hall of armor recreation, with the Mark 42 armor from the new movie in the middle of the room; plus there was a thing for the kids, basically Kinect lets you try on the new movie armor, shoot repulsors, and fly around the garage a little on the screen. It's tiny and underwhelming.

But at least I got to get in a burger for dinner, a fastpass for Star Tours, a ride on the Matterhorn during the fireworks which looked so cool, someone gave me their fastpass for Indiana Jones, a no-line ride on Splash Mountain, a churro, and a 2-pack of Droid Factory build-a-droids for $16 with my AP discount. And since I was solo on this run, instead of waiting with a LARGE number of people for the trams (like, nothing else that day looked so busy), I finally tried out the walk to the Mickey & Friends lot - it's a bit of walk at 2/3rds of a mile which is more than walking Disneyland west to east, but I am pretty sure only 4 or 5 trams went by from the 3 loading stations in that 12 minutes so I probably wouldn't have made it onto any of those, and since I didn't spend all day there I had enough energy to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Hey, I'm still trading for things in their weight in West Indies spices.
    Stamps don't weigh much.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Found the Joe Ninja Combat Cruiser at Super Target in Moreno Valley. Curiously, it and the 70 or so (I exaggerate, but not much) HISSes were $16.99.

Every single one I've found has been obviously opened and clumsily resealed, but it appears to be before they hit shelves. I don't suppose that might be wasting a question to Hasbro on? Probably not. They probably forgot some minor accessory in the entire run or something.
    That's a good price, that's a dollar more than the Water Moccasin assortment at Target. And it's a very large tank, the new HISS. I want to track down the previous one, but not in red.

I would guess Hasbro took something out related to movie 2012 promo, paper insert or something. Or perhaps they put in a 2013 mini-catalog?

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    If your MP 10 is already open, wouldn't that be better? Idk. How is Tvc Sidious awful on card? It's not a bad card i have it on.

BBTS wants $80 for reg. and foil Tvc ROTS Sidious??
    Geez, you really are never going to open that figure! Fine, we'll use my MP-10.

TVC Sidious is awful on card because his robes are squashed in there, but mainly because his hood is on wrong, it shows his whole face when out of package and corrected it sits all the way over his eyes down to his nose, just like the picture on the card.

BBTS wants $80 for the Bluescreen brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    No, BBTS wants that for the Fairlady Z brothers. And it is a better solution for you to bring yours SO THAT YOU OPEN IT!! I swear, he has the attention span of a gold fish.

I could probably clear a Thursday.
    Exactly!

Cool, good deal.

I missed JT's question somehow. I can probably do it, but it's going to depend upon what Wednesday or Thursday.
    Are there specific dates you know you can't? We can plan around those.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Up until late May, my weekday afternoons are pretty busy. When school's... out, for... sum-mah, then it's open season. No more books, or of my dirty looks.
    I was thinking this month, but we can just do yet another one after Alice Cooper here is done.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I went to Disneyland, and other stuff! (Paraphrasing)
    That actually sounds like a pretty good trip to Disneyland, actually. Uf I had reason to go more than once a year, I'd get the pass. But I'd probably never use it and be mad I didn't spend the money on MP Soundwave instead.

That's a good price, that's a dollar more than the Water Moccasin assortment at Target. And it's a very large tank, the new HISS. I want to track down the previous one, but not in red.

I would guess Hasbro took something out related to movie 2012 promo, paper insert or something. Or perhaps they put in a 2013 mini-catalog?
    I dunno. I haven't seen any catalogs in any of the vehicles, and the other "Delta" vehicles haven't appeared to be re-sealed. However, the decals and instructions were loose (not bagged), and there was no cardboard packing material at all, which is a bit unusual.

It's funny that you seem to be indicating you can find the Crimson HISS everywhere, but not the "plain" one. The Crimson was frickin' impossible to find, until, of course, I got one. I never got the black variant; I was fine with the "extremely dark brown" that so many people complained about (reportedly the reason it was re-released in later shipments of Wave 1 in black as a running change), and it wasn't at all worth buying another in case it was black. Brown, red, blue, and Shockwave are enough for me--I prefer the classic HISS(es) anyways.

Really funny thing: Wave 1 of the vehicles was the HISS and Snow-Cat (under whatever new name they had--Wolfhound or something else ludicrous?) and was everywhere. Wave 2 was the VAMP and Fury, which was only ever found at Ross and Marshalls, as far as I know. But wave 3, the Crimson HISS and the Renegades-themed Cobra helicopter (that was like nothing in the Renegades cartoon) was available everywhere, and still is to this day (after the aforementioned impossibility to find).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That actually sounds like a pretty good trip to Disneyland, actually. Uf I had reason to go more than once a year, I'd get the pass. But I'd probably never use it and be mad I didn't spend the money on MP Soundwave instead.
    Yeah, they raised the price to $50 a month for the premium pass (free parking, no blackout dates, 15% off food, 20% off merch, special events) and I really have to think about it for this next coming year. I do like Disneyland, and the other park has gotten considerably better. Being able to go whenever I want does have its value though, just up and go is awesome. But it's so expensive to go with others who don't have a pass, and it is quite a drive. Still, I think the monthly payments are going to make it my luxury thing I keep around for the ability to go. If I bought Starbucks, I'd gladly give that up to make the difference up, I know my sister spends that much on coffee and such per month.

I dunno. I haven't seen any catalogs in any of the vehicles, and the other "Delta" vehicles haven't appeared to be re-sealed. However, the decals and instructions were loose (not bagged), and there was no cardboard packing material at all, which is a bit unusual.

It's funny that you seem to be indicating you can find the Crimson HISS everywhere, but not the "plain" one. The Crimson was frickin' impossible to find, until, of course, I got one. I never got the black variant; I was fine with the "extremely dark brown" that so many people complained about (reportedly the reason it was re-released in later shipments of Wave 1 in black as a running change), and it wasn't at all worth buying another in case it was black. Brown, red, blue, and Shockwave are enough for me--I prefer the classic HISS(es) anyways.

Really funny thing: Wave 1 of the vehicles was the HISS and Snow-Cat (under whatever new name they had--Wolfhound or something else ludicrous?) and was everywhere. Wave 2 was the VAMP and Fury, which was only ever found at Ross and Marshalls, as far as I know. But wave 3, the Crimson HISS and the Renegades-themed Cobra helicopter (that was like nothing in the Renegades cartoon) was available everywhere, and still is to this day (after the aforementioned impossibility to find).
    The decals were loose? I guarantee you they pulled something out of that bag then, I've NEVER gotten a Hasbro vehicle that had a decal sheet loose, they'd risk moving around in the package and sticking to the box. Maybe it was a catalog they changed their mind on, that'd be the most likely thing.

The Crimson variant was at my local TRUs for a while, I suspect if I hit 5 TRUs I'd find one. The red one just doesn't appeal to me, too specific. I like the look of that mold over the classic HISS, moving treads make a big difference. Shockwave is a different HISS altogether, it's the new model in the movie line with no moving treads but way bigger and I think a spring-forward gimmick.

Yeah, Hasbro and GI Joe have a bad problem with distribution.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

For planning purposes, i have a Tues off about every 3 weeks. The only way I'll have different off days is if people go on vacation. For the 1st time since I started last year, I had different off days last week b/c I worked another guy's shift. I can still do weekends, but early am/early afternoon is optimal for me. (Gotta get rest before graveyard shifts!)

For planning purposes, i have a Tues off about every 3 weeks. The only way I'll have different off days is if people go on vacation. For the 1st time since I started last year, I had different off days last week b/c I worked another guy's shift. I can still do weekends, but early am/early afternoon is optimal for me. (Gotta get rest before graveyard shifts!)
    If you guys want to hang at my place, I just got the FOC Omega Supreme third party figure with my tax return money. Also, Cool Han Luke says "Hi!"

If you guys want to hang at my place, I just got the FOC Omega Supreme third party figure with my tax return money. Also, Cool Han Luke says "Hi!"
    You're taking a huge risk there with Omega and your "Hercules"/Devastator/constructicons being in the same place. That's a full scale war!!! Even if Hook has the IQ of a rock...
    Last edited by bikerscout; 04-15-2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: typo

Which Tuesday does that start on? Otherwise it's just a random guess.

I'm not great in the mornings, but I could do early afternoons on the weekend.

Hi back!

I see how it is, you don't want to bring your MP-10 outside. You're almost as bad as Bikerscout! Naw, I'm clowning ya, that's fine by me too so long as you're not trying to sell us Amway when we get there.

Which Tuesday does that start on? Otherwise it's just a random guess.

I'm not great in the mornings, but I could do early afternoons on the weekend.

Hi back!

I see how it is, you don't want to bring your MP-10 outside. You're almost as bad as Bikerscout! Naw, I'm clowning ya, that's fine by me too so long as you're not trying to sell us Amway when we get there.
    Amway? Boy, that is an ancient reference!

We'll have to take a "Vader-ing" photo the next time we all meet up.

Found the Joe Ninja Combat Cruiser at Super Target in Moreno Valley. Curiously, it and the 70 or so (I exaggerate, but not much) HISSes were $16.99.

Every single one I've found has been obviously opened and clumsily resealed, but it appears to be before they hit shelves. I don't suppose that might be wasting a question to Hasbro on? Probably not. They probably forgot some minor accessory in the entire run or something.
    That's one of the factors that caused me to not purchase one. I was fearing someone might have returned one of the previous Vamps.