Page 999 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 49989994998999599699799899910001001100210031009 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 9,990 of 10414
    Culver Target, nothing of note, geez what a broken record.

Today is Thursday, 2 weeks from the official start of Comic-Con. As per Maradona's idea, we should absolutely get together for an SDCC strategy meeting at some point in the next 12 days. I'd suggest the meet-up being after the SDCC schedule goes up, but that leaves us little room for error.

Folks from the greater LA area that are definitely going to the con:
    - JT
    - Maradona
    - Figrin Bran
    - Bikerscout

I think DarkKnight4516 is going too, he's invited of course.

EVERYBODY is invited, even if you're not going, but as this is part strategy meeting, it does require that we talk about SDCC during the meet-up.

I think Chaddy is still not going to SDCC. I think Tycho is going, but I doubt he wants to drive 250 miles round trip just to strategize things he's not even buying. Chux hasn't mentioned going, so he's probably out, same with BCJ.

Bikerscout has a particular set of requirements for meeting up times, but at this point I'm not sure what that would be, so I'll let him explain.

So, we need to hustle to get the where and when together.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I, alas, will not be attending SDC-C once again. But I would like to at some point, before they completely remove the "comic" from the event.
    "That's what Sheev said."

JT, I probably won't be able to make this meeting since I'll be worked to death before taking time off for the con.

However, for general purposes, you can pass along any Hasbro needs to me. For sure I know I'll be lining up early Thurs. morning for the HTS tickets. And unless he miraculously gets in on Preview Night, I think Maradona might be joining me. I do plan on getting Metroplex and possibly Jetfire so I may not be able to help with requests for those but we'll see.

As for EE and MP Soundwave, it is possible to get in that line on Preview Night but who knows if Soundwave is in stock and what the purchasing limits are. Unfortunately we may not know any of that info until Preview Night.

As far as Thurs. panels go, I think the only one I'll go to is Hasbro TF's...assuming I'm done with HTS by then. Last year I barely had time for lunch before that panel.

I'll be on the other side of the country for the entire duration of the Con.

If you need Joe questions, I can help out with them.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I think Tycho is going, but I doubt he wants to drive 250 miles round trip just to strategize things he's not even buying.
    I can't afford to buy anything let alone the gas to drive 250 miles. I'd like to come visit you all anyway

I'd also go to Disneyland and get myself the Star Tours vehicle for the action figures. I'm going to use it as the Twilight for my CW figures and might even customize it by adding "wings" (maybe from a B-wing toy?) If I can do it with minimal damage to the Starspeeder.

In any event, I can't afford the Starspeeder either right now, else I'd mail-order it.

Guys: understand I've sacrificed everything for the short-term to get my novels published (I'm auditioning cover artists by the way if anyone professional (yes, you'll kind of need to be) wants to make upwards of $1,000. I have money to pay that which is why I'm not buying toys.

The Amazon Slave-One is tugging at my heart, too - but if I had cash for one large ship - I'd take the Starspeeder as I have nothing like it and I have 5 Slave-One's (2 Jango, 1 Big Jango) 2 Boba SOTE)!

While we're posting laughable fantasies: anyone want to buy me a StarSpeeder for the figures and have me pay you back in January after I get some Christmas money? (I'm thinking not.)

Anyway, I am not even tempted by any CC exclusives that I know about.

I will probably be walking through Artist Alley looking for my cover artist. They might be the vendor that gets $500 sales from me.

The toy people should consider me "broke."

Short-term sacrafices for long-term gains.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm in for any meeting. Just let me know when and I will adjust my very flexible schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, I probably won't be able to make this meeting since I'll be worked to death before taking time off for the con.

However, for general purposes, you can pass along any Hasbro needs to me. For sure I know I'll be lining up early Thurs. morning for the HTS tickets. And unless he miraculously gets in on Preview Night, I think Maradona might be joining me. I do plan on getting Metroplex and possibly Jetfire so I may not be able to help with requests for those but we'll see.

As for EE and MP Soundwave, it is possible to get in that line on Preview Night but who knows if Soundwave is in stock and what the purchasing limits are. Unfortunately we may not know any of that info until Preview Night.

As far as Thurs. panels go, I think the only one I'll go to is Hasbro TF's...assuming I'm done with HTS by then. Last year I barely had time for lunch before that panel.
    Yes, sir. We are going to make it happen again. You're right in that it would nearly take an Act of Congress to get into the HTS line on preview night. I'll try, but won't expect to this year. Last year was a dream for HTS, since we got our tickets for that and for DC Collectibles line at the same time AND got into the actual HTS purchasing line much earlier than anticipated. This year, I only pre-paid for parking on Wednesday and Thursday ($20/day), so those will have to be my purchasing days, since I don't want to lug packages around on the trolley to Mission Valley on the other days.

I'm excited about this year's Comic Con, more than I have been for the past few (probably because last year went so well). I think this will be my last one for a while. I might be out of the country at that time next year and since getting tickets is so difficult, I don't know when I'll be able to return.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post

Bran, you working on that weekend, in the early part of the day? That sucks about being slavedriven, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Last year's Thursday schedule was pretty light, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'll be on the other side of the country for the entire duration of the Con.

If you need Joe questions, I can help out with them.
    Other side of the country huh? Oh well.

Yeah, I could use Joe questions just in case, I don't know yet but start thinking of 'em, you can post in the Joe thread or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'd also go to Disneyland and get myself the Star Tours vehicle for the action figures. I'm going to use it as the Twilight for my CW figures and might even customize it by adding "wings" (maybe from a B-wing toy?) If I can do it with minimal damage to the Starspeeder.
    I don't think that'd be possible, there's very little structural integrity in the middle of the Starspeeder 1000 since those doors all open on a lever system. At the very least, it'd take building a support structure into that wall and the ceiling that ran the length of the ship. It's probably doable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I'm in for any meeting. Just let me know when and I will adjust my very flexible schedule.
    Well, we're still waiting to hear from Bikerscout on that, but I'm thinking probably that Saturday in the early part of the day, so a week from tomorrow.

Yes, sir. We are going to make it happen again. You're right in that it would nearly take an Act of Congress to get into the HTS line on preview night. I'll try, but won't expect to this year. Last year was a dream for HTS, since we got our tickets for that and for DC Collectibles line at the same time AND got into the actual HTS purchasing line much earlier than anticipated. This year, I only pre-paid for parking on Wednesday and Thursday ($20/day), so those will have to be my purchasing days, since I don't want to lug packages around on the trolley to Mission Valley on the other days.
    I couldn't believe how well your HTS line situation went last year.

You can leave packages with the coat check people during the con, pick it up at the end of the night, I think it's like $2 a package or something. It's in various points in the lobby in front of the exhibit hall. If I have space in my trunk and you want to risk it, you can leave your stuff there on Friday-Sunday.

I'm excited about this year's Comic Con, more than I have been for the past few (probably because last year went so well). I think this will be my last one for a while. I might be out of the country at that time next year and since getting tickets is so difficult, I don't know when I'll be able to return.
    Glad to hear you're excited, that's cool. I also think this might be my last one for a while, but your reason is cooler, out of the country huh?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    HAAAAAA! Too funny. He kept telling everybody in earshot about having just opened Thundercracker and making excuses about MP-10 not being opened yet, I should have trotted out that Kane reference, that was awesome.

LIES! I did tell people I was excited about the newly opened MP TC, but mentioned nothing about MP-10. Btw, Prime is not Rosebudd!

He looks fantastic in the package and I'll open him at my leisure. Still savoring MP TC, my newly acquired G1 Jetfire, and plan on putting the coronation set on MP Starscream after I dig him out. Not that I'm unenthusiastic about opening MP Prime, but it can wait. Really have no where to put him if I did anyway.

As far as meeting up, next Sat. may work, just lmk where & what time. My schedule is terrible, but JT, u already know that.

Oh, and not opening MP-10 is not "hoarding" Chaddy!!!!
    Last edited by bikerscout; 07-05-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Oh, and not opening MP-10 is not "hoarding" Chaddy!!!!
    I was projecting into the future, imagining a world where you've amassed many boxed Transformers, but it was not opening MP-10 that always haunted you.

It was all very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    LIES! I did tell people I was excited about the newly opened MP TC, but mentioned nothing about MP-10.
    You did, I swear it.

He looks fantastic in the package and I'll open him at my leisure. Still savoring MP TC, my newly acquired G1 Jetfire, and plan on putting the coronation set on MP Starscream after I dig him out. Not that I'm unenthusiastic about opening MP Prime, but it can wait. Really have no where to put him if I did anyway.
    You could put him back in the box after you open him, you know.

As far as meeting up, next Sat. may work, just lmk where & what time. My schedule is terrible, but JT, u already know that.
    Well, I'm trying to tailor this around what works for you, so what time of day does Saturday the 13th no longer work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I was projecting into the future, imagining a world where you've amassed many boxed Transformers, but it was not opening MP-10 that always haunted you.

It was all very clever.
    HA HA!!! Yeah, it really was. Sorry Bikerscout.