Page 1000 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 500900950990996997998999100010011002100310041010 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,000 of 10354
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I couldn't believe how well your HTS line situation went last year.

You can leave packages with the coat check people during the con, pick it up at the end of the night, I think it's like $2 a package or something. It's in various points in the lobby in front of the exhibit hall. If I have space in my trunk and you want to risk it, you can leave your stuff there on Friday-Sunday.

Glad to hear you're excited, that's cool. I also think this might be my last one for a while, but your reason is cooler, out of the country huh?
    After two years of horrible luck, we ended reversed our fortunes, but we can't expect lightning to strike twice - we just have to diligent and get to the convention center at 6AM, if not sooner. I think FB got their around that time last year and I got their a while after that, danish box in hand.

I've left luggage at coat check before, but I'm apprehensive about leaving merchandise. Thanks for the trunk offer; I may take you up on that.

I might be visiting family in Argentina next summer. I don't know the dates yet, though, so I'm leaving my entire summer at the trip's disposal.

Any update on a potential meeting day between any of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    After two years of horrible luck, we ended reversed our fortunes, but we can't expect lightning to strike twice - we just have to diligent and get to the convention center at 6AM, if not sooner. I think FB got their around that time last year and I got their a while after that, danish box in hand.

I've left luggage at coat check before, but I'm apprehensive about leaving merchandise. Thanks for the trunk offer; I may take you up on that.

I might be visiting family in Argentina next summer. I don't know the dates yet, though, so I'm leaving my entire summer at the trip's disposal.

LOTS of people, dealers included, leave their haul of exclusives at coat check so you'd hardly be the only one.

And SDCC just wouldn't be the same if you and JT weren't able to attend next summer.

I'm thinking earlier part of the day on Saturday, July 13th. Half of us in the current strategy meeting group live on the west side - Culver City and Van Nuys - while the other half live on the mid-east side - Echo Park, Silverlake. We could meet in between, say Norms or Souplantation Beverly Hills, or we could do something else entirely. (I'd offer my place, but that weekend my place will be a shambles from getting ready for termite tenting. It's not unusable, and we could probably use the clubhouse though.)

Obviously a strategy we employ would increase our fortunes' odds, but I hear ya, no things in life are absolute, no lucks perfect.

I've not used coat check, but talked to them about it while carrying the eFX prop replica X-wing helmet I won to my car in the Hilton. I balked for the same reason you did, but noticed there was a mount of similarly-sized merchandise back there so maybe we're just paranoid. The trunk offer is still open either way.

Ah, I hear ya on next summer, makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    LOTS of people, dealers included, leave their haul of exclusives at coat check so you'd hardly be the only one.

And SDCC just wouldn't be the same if you and JT weren't able to attend next summer.
    Yeah, there were a ton of exclusives in the coat check when I looked in.

Well, we'll see how it goes for me anyway, it sounds like Maradona has pressing matters though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm down for a SDCC strategy planning meet up. I'm thinking of lining up first thing at EE on Preview night for Soundwave. I've already pre-ordered Metroplex from BigBadToyStore, so I'm not sure if I want to pay extra money for different packaging.

I can drive the "east siders" out west. I haven't been to Norms in years, so that location is good for me.

I'm out for the 13th. I'd be down with meeting up even if I'm not going to the convention, but I've got a double-whammy. That weekend's our tenth anniversary, plus I have a dentist appointment.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    I'm down for a SDCC strategy planning meet up. I'm thinking of lining up first thing at EE on Preview night for Soundwave. I've already pre-ordered Metroplex from BigBadToyStore, so I'm not sure if I want to pay extra money for different packaging.
    Sounds good!

I can drive the "east siders" out west. I haven't been to Norms in years, so that location is good for me.
    Excellent, Norms Beverly Hills, we'll get a table in the back probably.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm out for the 13th. I'd be down with meeting up even if I'm not going to the convention, but I've got a double-whammy. That weekend's our tenth anniversary, plus I have a dentist appointment.
    How are those different? HIYO! Sorry you won't make it, I guess we'll have to do a post-SDCC wrap-up for you and Bel-Cam and Chaddy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

How are those different? HIYO! Sorry you won't make it, I guess we'll have to do a post-SDCC wrap-up for you and Bel-Cam and Chaddy.
    I may try to go now. For preview night, maybe? There are too many exclusives I do not want to have to track down later. Gonna look into it. *sigh*.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I may try to go now. For preview night, maybe? There are too many exclusives I do not want to have to track down later. Gonna look into it. *sigh*.
    Hope you make it. Are you going to want in on this strategy meeting?

Hope you make it. Are you going to want in on this strategy meeting?
    If it's Saturday, I can't. I have a kung fu test for my next belt. And I don't see how I'd make it work for the rest of the week, so Godspeed and I'll reach out to you guys if I go to see what I can do.