Page 1004 of 1040 FirstFirst ... 45049049549941000100110021003100410051006100710081014 ... LastLast
Results 10,031 to 10,040 of 10395
  1. #10031
    I finally saw some of the Black Series figures: but I already have similar-looking Ceremonial Lukes, Darth Vaders (okay, I don't have one with a DL-44 blaster and laser bolt effect), Jedi Anakins, or Biggses. I was hoping for Padme or Biker Scout (only ones from this wave of which I have a remote interest). That is a dull packaging.
    "That's what Sheev said."

  2. #10032
    I haven't even tested out my Metroplex's electronics yet as I'm still applying labels. I should be finished tonight and then I can move onto labels for the Joe/TF set.

    If you haven't heard, Harmony Gold is drudging up the past and suing over the Jetfire Skystriker. HTS isn't able to sell it online and the only one non attendees of SDCC can get it is via lotteries in the TF or Joes collector club.

  3. #10033
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I haven't even tested out my Metroplex's electronics yet as I'm still applying labels. I should be finished tonight and then I can move onto labels for the Joe/TF set.

    If you haven't heard, Harmony Gold is drudging up the past and suing over the Jetfire Skystriker. HTS isn't able to sell it online and the only one non attendees of SDCC can get it is via lotteries in the TF or Joes collector club.
    Assuming the club is still going to sell them. I'm actually not sure anymore, although they haven't said anything about it.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  4. #10034
    Harmony Gold is based on Sunset, aren't they? Just hope they don't come knocking on my door to demand my Jetfire

    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I finally saw some of the Black Series figures: but I already have similar-looking Ceremonial Lukes, Darth Vaders (okay, I don't have one with a DL-44 blaster and laser bolt effect), Jedi Anakins, or Biggses. I was hoping for Padme or Biker Scout (only ones from this wave of which I have a remote interest). That is a dull packaging.
    Not only dull but at least on my Padme, the bubble wasn't glued on very well. I usually keep one or two carded from each series but may abandon that.

    6" Fett is going for at least $120 right now!!! I like mine but it would have been better served with a more rubbery plastic for the belt pouches. As is, leg articulation and posing is severely hampered.

  5. #10035
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    It's weird. I can get the electronics to work just fine as long as I hold the door in a very specific position, somewhere between open and closed. But outside of that, no dice. That's just weird, so I'm wondering if anyone else is having those issues.

    I went ahead and pre-ordered Padme on Amazon. I don't beed BOGO and I certainly don't want to be out searching for that stupid-butt figure. I'm so done with Star Wars.
    Why would the door affect it? Does the door push the batteries into the cavity? Check the batteries you're using, maybe one has a bad contact. Otherwise, I'd guess wiring damage that can likely be fixed, but I wouldn't want to jump into taking that big thing apart without first trying as many simple things as possible.

    Poor SW. I kinda hear ya, the news for Hasbro SW is not doing much for me either. That said, no way I'm paying $11 plus tax on Amazon for Padme or any of those wave 1 TBS figures.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I finally saw some of the Black Series figures: but I already have similar-looking Ceremonial Lukes, Darth Vaders (okay, I don't have one with a DL-44 blaster and laser bolt effect), Jedi Anakins, or Biggses. I was hoping for Padme or Biker Scout (only ones from this wave of which I have a remote interest). That is a dull packaging.
    Yeah, I hear ya on that. I bought Biggs because I have 4 of the Biker Scout from last year's Speeder Bike set, and the 3 TBS figs I've seen so far are horribly painted on the face. Biggs meanwhile has new parts and an X-wing coming soon. The packaging is small and sleepy, I get what they were going for - "premium, black label" - but it just doesn't come through here with a big empty bubble and blackout everything.

    TBS Vader is better than I expected, same Evolutions-based body but the execution has better molding (probably pulled from the mold after a longer cooling period) and better paint. This is the absolute last time I want to see this cheesy soft-goods Evolutions body used though, it really doesn't hold up well compared to the TVC ANH one.

    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    If you haven't heard, Harmony Gold is drudging up the past and suing over the Jetfire Skystriker. HTS isn't able to sell it online and the only one non attendees of SDCC can get it is via lotteries in the TF or Joes collector club.
    I heard about that, that is crazy and insane and entirely reasonable, unfortunately.

    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Harmony Gold is based on Sunset, aren't they? Just hope they don't come knocking on my door to demand my Jetfire
    Yeah, Sunset between Fairfax and La Brea, maybe I'll go by today and moon them. They are seeking a recall order from the courts, but any such recall would be voluntary, so if they win, the most they could do is have Hasbro send you a postcard asking for the set back.

    Not only dull but at least on my Padme, the bubble wasn't glued on very well. I usually keep one or two carded from each series but may abandon that.

    6" Fett is going for at least $120 right now!!! I like mine but it would have been better served with a more rubbery plastic for the belt pouches. As is, leg articulation and posing is severely hampered.
    I noticed that on my Biggs and Vader as well, the bubbles aren't well-attached and on one of them the glue had turned white on the right side which also looks bad, I predict bad things from that.

    Insane about the 6" Fett set, I honestly don't know what people are thinking there, after seeing it close up, this really isn't the end-all be-all piece that dollar amount is suggesting. That's closer to the Sideshow Fett than the 6"! And like you said, those hip pouches not moving really makes this figure static - I also don't care for the wookiee braids or the right arm hose, those are sculpts found on smaller figures at best.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  6. #10036
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Why would the door affect it? Does the door push the batteries into the cavity? Check the batteries you're using, maybe one has a bad contact. Otherwise, I'd guess wiring damage that can likely be fixed, but I wouldn't want to jump into taking that big thing apart without first trying as many simple things as possible.
    I've tried several pairs of batteries, all brand new. I'm not sure what the deal is, so I just pulled them out. I don't need it making noises anyway.

  7. #10037
    I've been hitting almost every Dollar General I see in MD and VA while on vacation. I've found a lot of the black Cobra Commanders and blue Shipwrecks (and bought one CC), along with one each of the blue/silver Snake Eyes, black Trooper Officer (bought), and green Duke... and green Snake Eyes. So I've seen and heard of plenty of evidence of that second wave hitting DGs; I just can't find the bloody Storm Shadow or Trooper. So it might be worth looking for them in CA.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  8. #10038
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I've tried several pairs of batteries, all brand new. I'm not sure what the deal is, so I just pulled them out. I don't need it making noises anyway.
    I'll have to see in person but it sounds like a contact is loose. I'd recommend if you don't care about the electronics to just leave it and remove the batteries, as you did.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  9. #10039
    La Cienega TRU, nada.

    La Cienega Target, nothing good, just TFPBH Vertebreak, a yellow hyena-themed remold of Lazerback.

    Beverly Connection City Target, almost nothing at all in either SW or TF, yeesh.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  10. #10040
    I have now seen some of the Vader Package figures... and I left 'em on the pegs. Because the CW and Vintage packaging have some of the same ones, and are hanging right next to them, cheaper.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO