Page 1009 of 1044 FirstFirst ... 95099099599991005100610071008100910101011101210131019 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,090 of 10432
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    JT, the Salton Sea is really an experience you should take in at some point. It's interesting, to say the least.

Oh, and I'm about to really tick off all you He-Man collectors. From the Big Lots in Yucaipa. All $10, even the big stuff including the Comic Con exclusive.

Attachment 27783
    It's an amazing deal on really cool figures. I've only found the Orko, Molaar, and Megator packs.

Postman delivered my 6" Darth Maul - I am not feeling this line. The tampo paint on the head is off-center, the right knee is shot wrong and comes apart when used, the outfit deco is simple and the sculpting is only fair, the joints are all ratcheted and the leg joints have too much play while the arms are too stiff and feel somewhat limited in range. The cloaked look doesn't work with the big split in the front and the overly short sleeves and no droid cuff. The hips don't spread wide enough for tall kicks. The horns are painted wrong with too little bone color. There are fine details that are lacking. The eyes are tampoed slightly into the lower eyelid line. The saber blades are 25% too short. The footpeg holes are 4mm which is a size nobody uses. The ankle joints are unattractive. The nicest thing I can say is the head and torso joints can be very expressive. "Fair at best" is my take.

Quote Originally Posted by netsolo View Post
    I didn't either but...

(c/o TheFwoosh)
    http://m.target.com/fiats/dp-087-06-1941
    Ah, excellent, that simplifies it considerably!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    JT, the Salton Sea is really an experience you should take in at some point. It's interesting, to say the least.

Oh, and I'm about to really tick off all you He-Man collectors. From the Big Lots in Yucaipa. All $10, even the big stuff including the Comic Con exclusive.

Attachment 27783
    "Interesting" in what way?

I heard about those MOTU pieces at Big Lots from Maradona, but I've not seen any except Megator at my local Big Lots. I kind of want Mo-Larr and Skeletor.

AND THEN I FAINTED WHEN I SAW GHOSTBUSTERS FIGURES!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I went back today to try and snag some for folks. They had one Orko, a couple of Mo-Larrs, and a few Megators left. I got the Orko, since I'd learned he's a 2-pack with Adam.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Postman delivered my 6" Darth Maul - I am not feeling this line. The tampo paint on the head is off-center, the right knee is shot wrong and comes apart when used, the outfit deco is simple and the sculpting is only fair, the joints are all ratcheted and the leg joints have too much play while the arms are too stiff and feel somewhat limited in range. The cloaked look doesn't work with the big split in the front and the overly short sleeves and no droid cuff. The hips don't spread wide enough for tall kicks. The horns are painted wrong with too little bone color. There are fine details that are lacking. The eyes are tampoed slightly into the lower eyelid line. The saber blades are 25% too short. The footpeg holes are 4mm which is a size nobody uses. The ankle joints are unattractive. The nicest thing I can say is the head and torso joints can be very expressive. "Fair at best" is my take.

Ah, excellent, that simplifies it considerably!

"Interesting" in what way?

I heard about those MOTU pieces at Big Lots from Maradona, but I've not seen any except Megator at my local Big Lots. I kind of want Mo-Larr and Skeletor.

AND THEN I FAINTED WHEN I SAW GHOSTBUSTERS FIGURES!!!
    Save your gas and toy money when it comes to those GB figures.

To me, Black Series is far, far better executed than the Ghostbusters line and I can't envision you enjoying the quasi realistic quasi animated hybrid look of that line. I completed the core group but they're all stored away in a box.

I was reading the post on Rebelscum about the Big Boba's Slave-One shipping mishaps and I was just surprised - by the lack of civility some posters exhibit in their community.

While I do some posting over there from time to time, I have personally met and have enjoyed my relationships I've built here on SirStevesGuide. Heck, I'm even the one who got a life-saving kidney transplant completely unexpectedly and directly from my participation here.

I just wanted to post this and let the members of our community know they should give themselves a pat on the back. I think I've now met a majority of those still posting in our smaller Star Wars community here.

Just read the "hate speech" going on over there in RS' news comments on Slave-One and you'll realize how completely ridiculous some of the infighting over there is. The topics range from chastising someone who bought 2 Slave-Ones to suit their buy-one-to-open / one-to-keep-in-the-box collecting pattern that resulted in insults being hurled over people's income and purchasing power expectancies to others getting mad that they can't get RS members as a group to boycott Slave-One.

Really? Now I like RS' site but I'm so much prouder that I'm one of the longest time members of this community on SSG.

I posted this in the LA Just Found group because many of my best acquaintances from this site can be found here.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't want to get into any peeing matches, but the lack of civility is why I don't go there, and don't post on any of the Joe or TF sites I know of.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I stop by from time to time just to catch other news, I haven't posted on their forums or even read them in YEARS, though I am registered.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I was reading the post on Rebelscum about the Big Boba's Slave-One shipping mishaps and I was just surprised - by the lack of civility some posters exhibit in their community.

While I do some posting over there from time to time, I have personally met and have enjoyed my relationships I've built here on SirStevesGuide. Heck, I'm even the one who got a life-saving kidney transplant completely unexpectedly and directly from my participation here.

I just wanted to post this and let the members of our community know they should give themselves a pat on the back. I think I've now met a majority of those still posting in our smaller Star Wars community here.

Just read the "hate speech" going on over there in RS' news comments on Slave-One and you'll realize how completely ridiculous some of the infighting over there is. The topics range from chastising someone who bought 2 Slave-Ones to suit their buy-one-to-open / one-to-keep-in-the-box collecting pattern that resulted in insults being hurled over people's income and purchasing power expectancies to others getting mad that they can't get RS members as a group to boycott Slave-One.

Really? Now I like RS' site but I'm so much prouder that I'm one of the longest time members of this community on SSG.

I posted this in the LA Just Found group because many of my best acquaintances from this site can be found here.
    Go Team SSG!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I was reading that this afternoon and had the same response. Here here.

I went over to read some of those comments and it looks like the worst of them have been deleted.

If I recall,I've had gunships delivered from Amazon and they came without any packing box.