Page 1012 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 1251291296210021008100910101011101210131014101510161022 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,120 of 10363
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The 14th is actually a possibility if it's late afternoon or beyond (just not too late; I do have a long drive back). The birthday party I have to get Chux Jr to and from is much earlier in the day than I expected.
    Ok, thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Anybody going to Power Con on the 14 and/or 15? I have a weekend pass.
    Not I, but have you ever been before? What's it like? I can't say I'm actually tempted to go, but I am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Skimmed the last 10 pages. Sorry I haven't been on as much. No excuses, other than I haven't been lookin for black series very hard and I have my top wants of the year from comic-con. Thanks to everyone who I bumped into there: JT, Maradona, darkagent, figrin (saw u walking around, but I was too far away/out of reach), and Commtech. Wish i could remember where I saw him, everything was a blur - hope I didn't misremember. Maybe he knows, .
    Word!

$131.99 for MP Soundwave. %^@&^$%^&#$^%_)**(^& yoooouuu!!!!!! Such *^$%&*#es. Ridiculous. I am happy with the price I paid at SDCC. (But wallet is still recovering from Botcon in June and SDCC in July!! :-(
    Yeah, seriously, both parts.

Looking for: SW black series 4" padme and bikerscout (good paint). And TF Metroplex. Where the heck is this dude already?
    I'll keep an eye out, I'm also looking for Padme. I am beginning to doubt good paint on your namesake exists outside of the TRU exclusive bike set.

Oh ya, forgot about meetup times: 9/14 or 15 may work, morning time optimally. It completely throws me off schedule going to sleep early after my graveyards & waking up "early." I normally get up at 8-8:30p on workdays. I enjoyed meeting up with ya JT and Raphael, but I was so out of it during and after -.
    We definitely cannot do "morning", which to you is like 7am. Sucks about the sleep thing, but I don't see it possible getting everybody together that early, which is why I was shooting for a time in the early evening so you can hang out and go straight from that to work. But if that doesn't work with your sleep, that's reasonable.

One more thing: MP 10 Optimus is superawesome!!! I opened him for my bday. So rad!!! Haven't experimented fully with the trailer, roller and the axe, but I love it so far. Also love the old MP Prime as well. Different reasons. Why didn't anyone tell me to open him sooner??!!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    If we're shooting for the 14th I may be able to make it but I also have a friend's birthday to go to. It'll largely depend on the locations of both.

Bikerscout, I've seen all 3 of the things you're looking for at TRU's. The scouts had poor paint and Metroplex, at least at Los Feliz, costs more than the SDCC version.
    Alright, thanks for keeping it in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I think LF TRU's Metroplexes were 139.99?

Saw a blast from the past there the other day, none other than Plumber Bob!
    First off, that pre-tax price is INSANE! They need to level that store and turn it back into a factory if this is going to be the crap they pull. Awful store, now with higher prices.

No way, that is too funny! Haven't heard about the scalper studs in a while.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Power Con is a bit smaller than Bot Con, but is very intimate. You can speak to all the Mattel people easily and get the exclusives and into panels without much hassle. This year, with the addition to TNMT, I wonder if there will be an increase in traffic. It's not very expensive if anyone wants to go and meet up.

JT: When I say morning - I don't mean 7am necessarily. I mean 9a to 1p timeframe. I can push an extra hour probably after that -til 2p or so- but don't want to be home too late & also it gets waayyy too hot at that time

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    JT: When I say morning - I don't mean 7am necessarily. I mean 9a to 1p timeframe. I can push an extra hour probably after that -til 2p or so- but don't want to be home too late & also it gets waayyy too hot at that time
    Good to know, it's hard to figure out, I've asked you before and it's been vague so I've been trying to do this around your schedule without knowing it well enough.

Saturday the 14th would be out then if we're doing mid-morning to early-afternoon because there are several of the gang who have early day stuff.

Anybody know what their early day Sept 21st looks like? I'm clear there.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I'll ve in Vegas for a Bachelor party
    Well, we sure know where our meeting will be now!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Well, we sure know where our meeting will be now!
    My buddy is a close-up magician out there and hooked us up with a VIP limo and free entry to 3 of the... Uh... Clubs. If you never hear from me again, know I died happy.

You know, an eventual meet-up in Vegas might not be a bad idea. I've always hoped that Lucas would set up a Star Wars themed resort there, though it seems unlikely to ever occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    My buddy is a close-up magician out there and hooked us up with a VIP limo and free entry to 3 of the... Uh... Clubs. If you never hear from me again, know I died happy.
    Awesome and cliche! Have a good time, and I'll check the obits for a picture of a grinning corpse.

You know, an eventual meet-up in Vegas might not be a bad idea. I've always hoped that Lucas would set up a Star Wars themed resort there, though it seems unlikely to ever occur.
    After the Star Trek Experience tanked, it doesn't surprise me Lucas would stay away. As for a meet-up there, we can't even get a meet-up HERE to work out more than once a year at this rate. But that would be fun.

I think we're going to have to look at October for this next meet-up if we can't do the morning of the 14th, which I'm pretty sure a couple folks cannot.

Why Vegas? It'll only be a few more years before Disneyland has it's own Star Wars land/park.

Long time away from this board, and from collecting in general, but I just wanted to say this- the new black line looks really overpriced to me, for figures that warmed pegs many years ago. HOWEVER, the 6" Black line looks awesome. I was really torn yesterday at Target when I found Darth Maul. In the end, I decided that $19.99 is way too much. The XWing Luke was impressive as well, but not $19.99 impressive. The R2D2 looked flimsy to me, but I didn't see any Fetts or Sandtroopers. The two-packs seem like overpriced re-hashes of years ago, but maybe this is Hasbro's way of keeping the line going until new movies land. I sure do miss the Clone Wars series though.