Page 1013 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 1351391396310031009101010111012101310141015101610171023 ... LastLast
Results 10,121 to 10,130 of 10286
    So I saw all the figures that have been released so far (I think):

All at Target....

3 3/4"

Clone Trooper (Sergeant)
    Luke Ceremony
    Biggs X-wing
    Darth Vader (Bespin blast deflection)
    Biker Scout
    Anakin (AOTC)

I've not seen Padme or the Clone Pilot (I think - I wouldn't have gotten that excited that I would definitely recall).

6"

R2D2
    Sandtrooper
    Luke X-wing
    Darth Maul

12"

Talking Anakin to Darth (kind of cool, it whines with Hayden Christensen's real voice!)

Clone Trooper (AOTC)
    Anakin ROTS
    Obi-Wan ROTS
    Darth Vader ROTS (I guess)

QUESTION: I am not buying any of these at all (everything above) but how come the sculpt on the ROTS 12" Obi-Wan is somewhat noticeably better than the Anakin one? There's a good quality difference there. If they're going to increase their standards for these child-toy 12" figures, than they should recall Anakin and re-issue him.

vehicles:

I've seen the undersized Slave-One and probably some Jedi fighters that I haven't really paid attention to appear in the new packaging - which ever is the new one. I've seen it ship in two styles. I think one was Yoda and the other I'm not sure I can recall? Shocktrooper? Maul? I definitely know I don't care.

I am waiting for Darth Plageuis' figure to ship. Hopefully 6" Luke Bespin and 6" ROTS Obi-Wan.

When I think I can spare the money, I still might buy the Amazon Big Slave One - but probably not.

It's kind of depressing for me going to the toy isle now - especially when stuff IS finally shipping, only it's not stuff I want.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Is Padme hard to find? I've seen her a bazillion times. Can't bring myself to pay ten bucks for a figure with that awful elbow issue, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I am disappointed that mine has red scratch marks all over her back. What, did Ted Nugent get lost in Hasbro's packaging plant? Ha ha ha ha!

[whisper, whisper]

Wait, what? Really? In the movie? Oh.

The only time I saw a Padme, I bought it (the only TBS figure I own). Others have made it to my hands to look over, then replaced on their pegs soon after. No 6" figs made it into my cart, bag, or hand away from the aisle.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I know it's the first version with the scratches since the crappy 2002 figure (right?), but I can live with the unscratched version if this is their idea of an improvement.

And I'm the guy who dropped $30 on not-improved "Ultimate" versions of Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, and Storm Shadow entirely for the accessories.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It begins anew....

I stopped by the East Moreno Valley WM today to use the john, and what did I come out with but Generations Hoist. I left one more Hoist and two Thundercrackers for anyone who wants to drive out that far. (No desire for more FOC figures for characters I already have represented.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I saw Hoist in the store. I wasn't sure I needed him but maybe I'll reconsider if I see him again.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Target Culver finally got in more TBS 3.75", and it's the same pegwarmer figs, but now with tape. The biker scout there had bad paint as usual. Also 6" Luke.

Store also had all 5 of the Ruination Wreckers from TF Generations, I passed even at $13 because I can't justify it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Why Vegas? It'll only be a few more years before Disneyland has it's own Star Wars land/park.

Long time away from this board, and from collecting in general, but I just wanted to say this- the new black line looks really overpriced to me, for figures that warmed pegs many years ago. HOWEVER, the 6" Black line looks awesome. I was really torn yesterday at Target when I found Darth Maul. In the end, I decided that $19.99 is way too much. The XWing Luke was impressive as well, but not $19.99 impressive. The R2D2 looked flimsy to me, but I didn't see any Fetts or Sandtroopers. The two-packs seem like overpriced re-hashes of years ago, but maybe this is Hasbro's way of keeping the line going until new movies land. I sure do miss the Clone Wars series though.
    I hear ya and feel similarly that they're overpriced. Keep in mind though, having been away from collecting you're still used to the $6/$7 prices, so they probably feel even more overpriced than they actually are.

No Fett on shelves yet, he's in wave 2.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Is Padme hard to find? I've seen her a bazillion times. Can't bring myself to pay ten bucks for a figure with that awful elbow issue, though.
    Hard to find here.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    It begins anew....

I stopped by the East Moreno Valley WM today to use the john, and what did I come out with but Generations Hoist. I left one more Hoist and two Thundercrackers for anyone who wants to drive out that far. (No desire for more FOC figures for characters I already have represented.)
    Nice get! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the comic, I bought it not too long ago and had concerns with how little Hoist is actually in it, but it's a good companion to MTMTE.

And what were all those new TFs doing in the toilet?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I actually already read the Hoist and Thundercracker Spotlights (all the Spotlights that are reprinted with the Deluxe figures are in the Dark Prelude paperback that came out recently). You're right that Hoist wasn't in his enough to justify the name, but, hey, Swerve. Gotta love Swerve.

I really like the Thundercracker Spotlight and the way it builds upon the "not sure of the Decepticon cause" that I think was touched on in the original filecard, but has taken new life in IDW. IIRC, he's still on Earth keeping a low profile and watching lots of TV. I can't imagine that's the last we'll ever see of him; he's just too interesting.

Speaking of comics, I re-read Megatron Origin last night, hoping it would be better in light of all the Roberts-penned flashback stuff I've read lately. It isn't. Still kinda of a mess of pacing and characters not seeming to have much justification for anything they do. But at least I knew who Decimus was this time around!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

TRU La Cienega had a TBS Padme, I bought her and Ep 2 Anakin, plus the TVC X-wing Fighter using the 25% off coupon yesterday.

The Padme had slightly wonky eyes, but the real problem I had was that her left hand has a manufacturing defect above the thumb that left a void, not sure what I'm going to do about this, maybe I'll fill it with putty or glue.

Said TRU had 2 of the Biker Scout figure, 1 had a horribly malformed visor just like Yakface had reported earlier in the week. The other had decent paint but the bridge of the nose was way off, so I give up on this figure, I have 4 of the bike, I'll just be happy with those instead.

The X-wing is pretty good but $60 is insanely overpriced with no astromech or anything. The new features work well, all the elements are pre-painted and accurate, the landing legs have shiny plastic, and the stickers in the cockpit are pre-applied (though I suggest anybody who buys this go over said stickers to make sure they're properly attached so they don't start wearing). The removable cockpit control panel on a string is a nice touch, and there's pedals inside. I put TBS Biggs plus a build-a-droid purple R3 as the astromech, it looks pretty good overall, and I like that the build-a-droid's feet are lightly trapped in the droid socket. The wing gimmick is pretty bad though, the springs aren't strong enough and the gimmick never was that well-designed in the first place, so it wobbles constantly.

Ultimatley, I think I'm going to swap the wings on Red 3 here with the Dagobah X-wing's Red 5 wings and live with the differences in the fuselage, but I'm not totally sure yet.

---

So, we ever meeting up again? First weekend of October?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

On Tues. I found a biker and a padme at a Target in the valley. The scout had decent paint, so I pulled the trigger and grabbed it. On a recommendation from another collector, later in the week, I returned an extra battle droid I had, since the dpci #s are the same. I've only seen R2, Luke and Sandtrooper as far as 6", they look ok, but I'm really not interested in that line. Honestly, idk what is keeping me interested in SW 4". This would be a good point to stop if I choose to. $10 for a scout whose only variation is white pouch straps? That's basically what it boils down to. $7-8. Tops. Can't justify spending anymore.

Still looking for a Metroplex at a good rate. (< $100 ). The TRU friends & family 20% off coupon is tempting, but I had some nasty expenses at the start of this mo., so i'll wait.

I may be down for a possible meetup in early Oct. We'll see.