Page 1016 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 1651691696610061012101310141015101610171018101910201026 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,160 of 10288
    I don't want to be a deal-breaker, but Pasadena or further east would work best for me. I'm practically in Palm Springs, y'all.

Also, I know I'd most likely pass Bel-Cam and possibly others, so I'm up for carpooling.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'll keep an eye out for the Scanning Crews, I know I'm looking for them, I think Chaddy is too, who else?
    I am. Catapult too, for that matter. I hit Burbank Kmart this weekend and there was no sign of them yet. I'll chirp as soon as I see them, though.

I'm looking for Scanning Crew and catapult as well.

Been away from collecting, but just wanted to let everyone know that Victory Tabernacle in Burbank is an official Toys for Tots drop off center again this year. If you are winnowing down your MOC collection and things aren't worth the effort to sell on RS or the Bay, I highly recommend donations to local kids.

Today is Thursday, we're getting together in 2 days and need a location. Currently requested is Pasadena-area for the convenience of our furthest-east friends. While I liked Hamburger Hamlet last time, I'm more than happy if there's another venue in mind. The odds aren't great, but it's possible that there may be the Dodgers at the 7th NLCS game that day and so we'd need a TV but not a loud venue (I remember the room we had at the Hamlet had a TV, but I could be mistaken).

Also, if anybody on the west side wants to carpool with me from Culver City, I'd be down.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I don't want to be a deal-breaker, but Pasadena or further east would work best for me. I'm practically in Palm Springs, y'all.

Also, I know I'd most likely pass Bel-Cam and possibly others, so I'm up for carpooling.
    Ok, Pasadena is doable for me, seems reasonable. Carpooling is an excellent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I am. Catapult too, for that matter. I hit Burbank Kmart this weekend and there was no sign of them yet. I'll chirp as soon as I see them, though.
    Ok, will keep that in mind and blast the phone if I find.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I'm looking for Scanning Crew and catapult as well.
    Gotcha, you'll be on the phoneblast list too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Been away from collecting, but just wanted to let everyone know that Victory Tabernacle in Burbank is an official Toys for Tots drop off center again this year. If you are winnowing down your MOC collection and things aren't worth the effort to sell on RS or the Bay, I highly recommend donations to local kids.
    Good thinking, thanks for keeping us in the loop on that. It wasn't as easy finding TfT drop offs last year as usual, so that helps.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, if I've got that much control over the location, how about Redlands?

And I'll search for the K-Mart stuff out here. Our K-Mart sucks hard, though; they get most of the exclusives, but they have insane hours (something like 10-6, and I'm not joking). Oh, and the place smells bad, but I'll brave it for the occasional exclusive.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Well, if I've got that much control over the location, how about Redlands?

And I'll search for the K-Mart stuff out here. Our K-Mart sucks hard, though; they get most of the exclusives, but they have insane hours (something like 10-6, and I'm not joking). Oh, and the place smells bad, but I'll brave it for the occasional exclusive.
    Honestly, if I hadn't done a road trip last weekend that left my back aching for the past 4 days, I'd have agreed (despite my car's awful mileage). However, trying to get Bikerscout and Bran in means keeping it local for their schedules this time. Perhaps the next one we can push further east though.

No Kmart smells worse than 3rd and Fairfax across from the Farmer's Market, I suspect. The disgusting fragrance they pump in to cover it up actually makes it worse.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Pasadena sounds great except I won't be able to make it. Don't postpone on account of me though especially if most of you can go. I'll just see you all next time.

As luck would have it, I found the K-Mart exclusives in Banning shortly after posting that earlier. The Imperials are spoken for, and the Ewoks are mine! Bwa-ha-ha!

I did notice that the tape on bottom of the packaging for the Ewoks and one of the Imperial sets looked like they'd been cut open with a razor, but everything looked intact. I'm not sure how common this will be, or if it's a fluke at the one store, but it seemed worth mentioning. (I know the G.I. Joe Ninja Combat Cruiser had a problem where every single one appeared to have had the tape sliced open and re-taped, which made me pass on it several times at first. I'm not sure if this is a sorta repeat of that.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

What about a Mexican restaurant? Anybody there enough in Pasadena to recommend one?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."