Page 1017 of 1040 FirstFirst ... 1751791796710071013101410151016101710181019102010211027 ... LastLast
Results 10,161 to 10,170 of 10396
    I'm down for almost anything. I think I mentioned before that I can't do fish, but that's about it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

???

Just want to be sure I'm not late again.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So is Pasadena the location once again? Do we have a time frame or spot in mind? I can make it after noontime and will find something to eat anywhere that isn't a pizza place or cheese factory.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Pasadena sounds great except I won't be able to make it. Don't postpone on account of me though especially if most of you can go. I'll just see you all next time.
    Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. I figure we'll have to do another gathering before the end of the year so you and Chaddy can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    As luck would have it, I found the K-Mart exclusives in Banning shortly after posting that earlier. The Imperials are spoken for, and the Ewoks are mine! Bwa-ha-ha!

I did notice that the tape on bottom of the packaging for the Ewoks and one of the Imperial sets looked like they'd been cut open with a razor, but everything looked intact. I'm not sure how common this will be, or if it's a fluke at the one store, but it seemed worth mentioning. (I know the G.I. Joe Ninja Combat Cruiser had a problem where every single one appeared to have had the tape sliced open and re-taped, which made me pass on it several times at first. I'm not sure if this is a sorta repeat of that.)
    Good find. It's so weird when Hasbro cuts their tape and retapes, I think it's probably an instructions issue or something along those lines because it happens more often than it seems across the various Hasbro lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    What about a Mexican restaurant? Anybody there enough in Pasadena to recommend one?
    I'm down for any cuisine, but like Chux I'm not a seafood guy. I don't know Pasadena well enough to recommend jack squat though, beyond where we went last time. I hit Yelp but it wasn't all that helpful. We can also shoot for a little further east than Pasadena if anybody has a place they like.

???

Just want to be sure I'm not late again.
    Oh you will be, you will be. Yodaisms.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    So is Pasadena the location once again? Do we have a time frame or spot in mind? I can make it after noontime and will find something to eat anywhere that isn't a pizza place or cheese factory.
    Pasadena seems more fair to the 2 guys coming from so far away than driving further west, but it doesn't have to be Pasadena specifically.

I was thinking later afternoon, early dinnertime, but that is only because if Bikerscout could make it, that'd be the time he could make it. And he may have company and not be able to make it anyway.

Anything that isn't pizza/cheeseland, got it. Also probably not the Alta Dena Dairy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't mind driving further east to make things equitable. Hadn't we mentioned Clearman's on Rosemead at one point? That's further east. We could also go to a BJs or other chain place that has multiple locations to select one closer to our 909 brethren.

Would Downtown Disney be an option, if we arrange carpooling so that no one has to pay for parking?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well, the thing is that we were going to have a screen for the game, assuming the Dodgers don't choke tonight, but I think clearman's has a tube in the bar, and we can get burgers or something if we don't want to spend on steaks. So it's an idea.

Would Downtown Disney be an option, if we arrange carpooling so that no one has to pay for parking?
    Traffic on the west side kinda sucks on Saturday, but I have free parking at Disney if anybody wants to carpool.

Well, the Boys in Blue will need at least 10 runs in the next 3 innings to pull out this one, to force a game 7.

But I'd be cool with Clearman's/Northwoods, too. I don't really have a time issue anymore (no yard sale help needed when there's no yard sale at all).

Chux, if you want to drive to my house, I can carpool drive us to the restaurant and then back to get your vehicle after; that'll save you some petrol use and driving anxiety.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Well, the Boys in Blue will need at least 10 runs in the next 3 innings to pull out this one, to force a game 7.

But I'd be cool with Clearman's/Northwoods, too. I don't really have a time issue anymore (no yard sale help needed when there's no yard sale at all).

Chux, if you want to drive to my house, I can carpool drive us to the restaurant and then back to get your vehicle after; that'll save you some petrol use and driving anxiety.
    And the Dodgers lose the pennant! So it's drowning our sorrows in blue booze.

Clearman's north woods in rosemead seems alright by me. What time?