Page 1025 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 2552592597510151021102210231024102510261027102810291035 ... LastLast
Results 10,241 to 10,250 of 10401
    What's up fellas?!? Been a long time since I checked in here. Glad to see some of the old crew are still going strong.

I just wanted to share a little venture that I started recently with an old friend of ours. We're making toys!!! Specifically, playsets and dioramas for all our Star Wars figures.

First up is our Space Tree. Definitely check out our Indiegogo campaign for lots of pics. If you're feeling generous, please donate. Maybe we can even arrange a special LA locals discount?

If Hasbro won't make playsets, we will!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Basic Tree.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	28218

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showth...Star-Wars-!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Chuxter, I want to visit with you out your way some time b/c you've been here and seen me in SD.

I gunfight in Banning (September) and you're on the way to my uncle's in Rancho Mirage, too.

I found and bought MeruMeru and Geezum today.

My SSC 1/6 scale General Grievous arrived and is amazing!

Chuxter, one last thing: what is the matter with FoC Grimlock? I bought him to display in dino-mode but haven't opened him yet and even still have a valid return receipt.

Why should I return him?

The only thing I suspect is his tail is too short?
    He also has no stomach; there's just a hole into his shell. If's upsetting on account of its laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    What's up fellas?!? Been a long time since I checked in here. Glad to see some of the old crew are still going strong.

I just wanted to share a little venture that I started recently with an old friend of ours. We're making toys!!! Specifically, playsets and dioramas for all our Star Wars figures.

First up is our Space Tree. Definitely check out our Indiegogo campaign for lots of pics. If you're feeling generous, please donate. Maybe we can even arrange a special LA locals discount?

If Hasbro won't make playsets, we will!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Basic Tree.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	28218

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showth...Star-Wars-!!!!
    Hey, man! Long time! That's really awesome. It almost makes me wish I hadn't just purged my whole collection.

Hey CrunchyNug! Best of luck with that endeavor!

This is a week late but I found Darth Plagueis at the Disney Store last week. Their 3.75" figs are $11 which isn't that high of a markup and it's not like I would have found Plagueis anywhere else.

I was going to ask for a stash on the Captain America movie 6" Black Widow but I lucked into one this morning. And by luck, I mean beating El Scalper Sanchez to it by mere seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Hey CrunchyNug! Best of luck with that endeavor!

This is a week late but I found Darth Plagueis at the Disney Store last week. Their 3.75" figs are $11 which isn't that high of a markup and it's not like I would have found Plagueis anywhere else.

I was going to ask for a stash on the Captain America movie 6" Black Widow but I lucked into one this morning. And by luck, I mean beating El Scalper Sanchez to it by mere seconds!
    That's good news, FB. I've yet to find BW, but I'm looking.

CrunchyNug, that's a good idea.

I'm interested in making parts of Kashyyyk actually. Maybe you can incorporate some tech (the Ewoks wouldn't have access to) like the holo-conference table rising out of the wood, or electrical lighting (fake - but simulated monitors or whatever) that the Wookiees use?

I'm not going to need a platform - floor base between the trees like the old Kenner Ewok Village playsets. My TurboTank is going in my Kashyyyk display and takes up way too much room. I just need some tree platforms where the "Biker Scout" Kashyyyk Recon Clone Troopers can fire down on the Tank Droids from. (Oh - and Yoda and Chewie can hand out in - because Yoda and Chewie in the same scene is cool!)

In other news I went to the Disney Store. They had every figure (3") except Plageuis of course.

They also had gotten Boba Fett 6" but were sold out. That they had plenty of Han Solo's, and that I spoke with an employee, told me they are still shipping and Hasbro said at ToyFair to JabbaJohn or someone that Fett will be repacked like Han is being repacked.

I hope the eventual Jedi Luke (DSII) can be "updated" to Jabba's Palace.

Back to CrunchyNug now:

The scenes I need parts for in the near future:

Kamino incubator holders for baby clones; the viewing balcony for Obi-Wan and Lama Su. The helmet-weapons dispensary. The tactical classroom controls for kid clones.

Theed buildings in that Naboo style - just the exteriors to create a street. Maybe the bridges for Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to jump into battle from. I guess the same parts can be used for balconies. - And the reactor room where the Darth Maul duel took place.

Utopau landing platforms. I guess that can hold Grievous' ship.

Buildings on Coruscant like Dexter's Diner, Club Outlander, and Padme's apartment. A place to put all those Jedi Council chairs. The Jedi Library for awesome action with my Jocasta Nu figure using the Force to find library books!

I think those are the dioramas I have plans to work on in the nearest future opportunity.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Culver City Target last night had Merumeru and Vizam, which isn't all that surprising given they're $11.79 at that store. I did a wack stash job, was so very tired, they're just dumped behind the Angry Birds Vader carry case on the bottom shelf, but honestly, $12? That's insane.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Culver City Target last night had Merumeru and Vizam, which isn't all that surprising given they're $11.79 at that store. I did a wack stash job, was so very tired, they're just dumped behind the Angry Birds Vader carry case on the bottom shelf, but honestly, $12? That's insane.
    Makes Disney Store's $10.99 per 3.75" look like a bargain!

Culver Target had the newest wave of Saga Legends - Boba, Mace, Stormtrooper, um.. others? I don't even know. Captain Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Makes Disney Store's $10.99 per 3.75" look like a bargain!
    Seriously!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I guess my Target got the next 6" wave in.

My buddy (a scalper who will sell at his cost to me) will get me ROTS Obi-Wan and Luke Bespin either Sunday or Monday.

I can't meet him tomorrow as I have other plans.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.