Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Comic 2-packs you'd like to see

I just re-read "Underworld," and had enjoyed it so much in the past, that I'd made plans to display a scene from this series:

Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Lando
    Greedo

Boba Fett

Bossk
    Dengar
    IG-88

Zuckuss
    4-LOM

Jan Dodonna
    Rebel Commandos

and I think to add the most prominently missing characters you could take your pick from:

Bria Tharen (Rebel Agent also key in the Han Solo Trilogy, Han's ex-girlfriend)
    Sardu (bounty hunter with the Jawa commandos)
    Jozzel Moffet (chick that was majordomo to one of the other Hutts)

This was a seriously fun comic! Sure there are a lot of them with potential, but Underworld rocks. They could always make Han and Boba Fett, cartoony-style like the art in the books, but I'm not really interested in more versions of these guys again.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Lumyia/Luke Skywalker

Mara Jade/Talon Karrde

Mazic/Shada

Jacen and Jaina Solo (tweens, teens, and adult all possible)

Kyp Durron and Dorsk 82 (Leviathan)

Hobbie Kilvian and Wes Janson

Tycho Celchu and Winter
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Lumiya/Luke would be very cool, as would Kyp/Dorskk 82.

Ysanne Isard/Baron Fel (Did they actually appear together? If not, make that two two-packs, and throw in two other Rogue Squadron characters.)

I'd prefer Karrde with Pelleaon, just to get another totally new figure. (Okay, new officer headsculpt.)

Asajj Ventress/K'krukh

Ki-Adi Mundi (Tatooine)/Ephant Mon (kill two birds there)

And, most of all, Jaxxon and anyone else. They can throw in the stupid POTF2 Cantina Han Solo again. Heck, they can say it's a two-pack and cheat us out of a figure. I just want a Jaxxon!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Nomi Sunrider / Master Thon

Exar Kun / Master Vodo-Siosk Baas

Odan-Urr / Empress Teta

Cay Qel-Droma / Ulic Qel-Droma
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Hmmm. A lot of good calls there.

With regards to Rogue Squadron - they confirmed they're doing something. With Mariss Brood's female Imperial sculpt available to them for kit-bashing (and I think a red-herring mention of Moff Tavira), I'd say that Ysanne Isard is a likely candidate. Also with Tycho getting an A-Wing Pilot release this year in the TAC, the head would be easily fit to a Dutch Vandor body, giving us Tycho in his more iconic X-wing pilot outfit. But Tycho has a plethura of body-options: Imperial Officer, TIE Pilot, Han CommTech body, Rogue Squadron dress uniform (reuseable for Wedge, Hobbie, and Janson). I'm doubtful they'd pack Hobbie and Janson together as the figures are so similar, minus their headsculpts. The pirate turned Imperial, Loka Hosk is a candidate because he's so visually interesting with that thing stuck to half his face. Baron Fel is also a strong possibility as his most iconic look has him in a TIE Pilot body. Wedge has been offered in multiple venues - so I don't know how tempting it would be for Hasbro to give us yet another one of him. Rogue Squadron certainly has enough good characters to generate a series of comic 2-packs though. Don't forget Sate Pestage was prominant in the later part of the run. He'd be easily made from the existing Imperial Dignitary sculpt.

The Tales of the Jedi are a personal favorite of mine. However, as making dioramas is my hobby, I'd like far more than might ever see production. The cast and story was truly epic. It could have been the Star Wars we'd seen on screen and SW would be just as popular today. That being said, Ulic and Exar would probably lead off a comic 2-pack set. Nomi, Sylvar, Master Arca, Tott Doneeta, Mandalore - of course many more would serve to do a whole series based on TOTJ. Master Thon might be too big for a Comic 2-pack however.

Heir to the Empire - the comic adaptation, is getting Mara and Luke. Mara is a re-pack with little or no improvement I imagine. To be accurate, Luke would be a kit bash of the X-wing legs and Dagobah top. I made one years ago. Or he will be inaccurate. But this set is nothing too special. The Noghri would be the most awesome they could do for this. If made, Capt (Admiral) Palleon should be a new sculpt. He was short for an officer of the line (but Ozzel's body might suffice). But yeah, I'd like to see Karrde and Palleon, as well as a host of others including Rukh and C'Boath.

The Solo kids were never really prominently featured in any comic, unfortunately - certainly not close to their popular NJO age when they were finally Jedi Knights. I want these figures badly, but we might have to wait.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

You did say, like to see, not what Hasbro is likely to do after the current run; if that was the case, a blank post isn't that interesting.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Corran Horn and Mirax Terrik, though I've not read the comics from that period to know if they both actually appeared in the comics. I just really enjoyed the X-Wing series of books, except for maybe the last one.

Something from the Tales of the Jedi era would be good as well.

Wes Jansen & Tycho in Academy Dress
    Baron Fel & Wedge Antilles
    Luke Skywalker & Mara Jade
    Luke Skywalker & Luminya
    Princess Leia (ANH Infinities) & Darth Vader
    Dark Empire II Executor Sedriss & Kam Solusar
    Ulic Qel Droma & Exar Kun
    Nomi Sunrider & Cay Qel Droma
    Master Thron & Master Ooud
    Shadows of the Empire Evolutions Luke Skywalker & Guri
    Twin Engines of Destruction Boba Fett & Jodo Kast
    Marvel Fenn Shysha & Princess Leia
    Phase II DarkTrooper & General Mohc
    Lord Jerec & Sariss
    Gorc & Pic & Maw
    Kyle Katarn & Jan Ors
    Yun & Boc the Crude
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

SOTE Guri is an awesome choice!

From SOTE, what about Jix, Leebo, Big Gizz, and Spiker. (Yes I know about that one Swoop Gang member's name - but that was what it was and hopefully the autocensor left it alone, haha)

Tag and Bink would be cute actually! I'd buy them.