Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coin Album Error

There is a timeline inside the coin album that says that the Power of the Force line debuted in 2000. This should have said Power of the Jedi.

Yeah, I saw that, real smooth! Anybody want to guess whether they'll print a replacement version? I'm guessing not, but in 4 months when they want to reissue the coin book with a new figure and double-dip, it'd make a good reason.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That IS odd. They chose some weird things for inclusion as well - like having George as a Stormtrooper make the list. Ummm... yippee?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

another error on Hasbro's part is the fact that the slots are too big for the vintage POTF coins.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

But where would you put them anyway? The slots are numbered for the TAC, with a few extra slots for special coins. Coins should only go in the slots they are supposed to go in! I'm anal that way I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    But where would you put them anyway? The slots are numbered for the TAC, with a few extra slots for special coins. Coins should only go in the slots they are supposed to go in! I'm anal that way I guess.
    i hear ya there MSP. for that reason, i'm not buying the coin album. i don't plan to buy every single TAC figure and so if i had the album, it would bother me to no end to have coin slots that weren't filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I just think that Hasbro could have given a head's up to the vintage Kenner Line and had a section for the coins that came with the figures. as far as the extra 20 slots, those would be filled with coins from the Saga Legends as well as any promo coins ie Toy Fair Coin, and if they do make more UGH figures with Gold Coins.

Does anyone know if the new VTAC line is going to be packed with coins ? I would think it would be a neat pack in even though the cards used are not from the POTF series back in '85. I mean after all there are 60 new figures to be released this year, are they considered to be in that number count ?
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    Does anyone know if the new VTAC line is going to be packed with coins ? I would think it would be a neat pack in even though the cards used are not from the POTF series back in '85. I mean after all there are 60 new figures to be released this year, are they considered to be in that number count ?
    They won't be coming with coins, though I believe that the coins and a box for them is the mail away offer on the VTAC this year. The picture here from Toy Fair shows the offer on the package.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...20559&cat=5270

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    i hear ya there MSP. for that reason, i'm not buying the coin album. i don't plan to buy every single TAC figure and so if i had the album, it would bother me to no end to have coin slots that weren't filled.
    Dude, you just saved me $10, I was totally on the fence about that stupid coin holder and your argument just tipped the scales! Thank you!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.