What figure is the mail-in this year?

I see that the packages of vintage style figures this year have the Galactic Hunt and Special Offfer stickers on the package. Does anyone know what the figure is going to be?

I think it's a coin this year, not an actual figure.

Which is good, because now I can buy the nice Hoth Han and leave the others to be bought at twice their value by the rest of you.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbondo07 View Post
    I see that the packages of vintage style figures this year have the Galactic Hunt and Special Offfer stickers on the package. Does anyone know what the figure is going to be?
    it's supposed to be the coin that was given out at Toy Fair this year along with a display case.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

It's also coins for each of the Vintage figures.

Meh, I'm luke warm on the coins, but I'll send away for these as I'm buying the figures. I liked getting the free figure better - this would have been a nice opportunity to give fans an early crack at a figure they were planning on releasing down the road (animated Fett for example, though he'll likely be out by the time the VOTCs hit the pegs).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I wish they would have done something like last year. The George Lucas figure was not drastically different but it was a popular figure. Sending in for coins this year would be like sending in for more of those small hologram figures last year. Who really wants more of those?

Dunno, I think this is alright. I already like the coins a lot better than the holograms (which were fine for a while, but got old when it turned out that turning them red was the most interesting thing they could do), and I think the album will look pretty cool with all of them filled in. At least there's more of a "plan" for them.

i agree that the holos could have been done better, ie more characters and more realistic poses but i actually enjoyed them. even now i like the idea of the coins, it brings back childhood memories of the POTF line back in '85. might have to send away for two sets of the coins. I just hope I can find the VTAC line in large numbers this year, I want about 4 of the Snow Trooper and about 4 of both Bossk and IG-88.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Actually, this mail-away is growing on me considerably. . .